Spring Time In Colorado

This is a discussion on Spring Time In Colorado within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just thought I would share a few photos of the joy of spring time in Colorado. I wish I had taken pictures back in winter ...

Thread: Spring Time In Colorado

Wink Spring Time In Colorado

Just thought I would share a few photos of the joy of spring time in Colorado. I wish I had taken pictures back in winter when it was -12 one day and everyone was in their down coats, and the next day it was 80 and the young college girls were running in their short shorts and sport tops. But... all I have are photos of spring. I hope you enjoy!

First we have a picture out the front door at my Fiance's house in the evening.

Here is the same picture... without the flash.

Here is what I get to see when I open the door in the morning! Yay!

My Patio.

Up my driveway. Poor little Corolla can't drive in 1.5 feet of snow. Looks like less huh?

My VW Fox in the front drive. It seems somebody, we'll just call him Mr. Plow for now, has decided it was a kind thing to do to just push all the snow behind it. I will be paying him a visit later.

View up the street.

And a little further up the street. The man with the tractor, "Kimmy Boy", was nice enough to clear my driveway for me. I didn't even ask! Gotta love when neighbors are neighborly.

Well that is just a few pictures I took today of the wonderful Spring weather here. I wish I had some pictures of my Mom's driveway from this winter, she lives in Moses Lake Washington. Boy their snow removal service is really on top of things up there... yeah... as if.

Anyway! I hope you found it somewhat entertaining.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

2. Remove Ads

Yep, it sure was entertaining! I couldn't believe some of the things I was able to drive through in our work vehicle yesterday. Some of the snow drifts were halfway up the windshield.

I know it was just the crazy wind that made it a pain. That driveway there. I had to clear a 4 foot little mountain to get to work last night. When I got home in the morning... it had a foot and a half on it again. I was like.... UGH! I have a car that sits 6" off the ground ***! I wish my Fox's would start in the cold.

On a side note... they totally freaked out about this storm. DU even closed! DU never closes. When I was in school there was 3 feet everywhere and school didn't close. I guess times change. Or maybe Colorado officials are just worried about out-of-towners freezing in their cars cuz they don't know how to drive and get suck in snow banks.
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Nice - I drove down I-25 this morning from Ft. Collins down to Denver. I can't believe people around here. I bet there averaged about 1 car in the ditch every mile.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    Nice - I drove down I-25 this morning from Ft. Collins down to Denver. I can't believe people around here. I bet there averaged about 1 car in the ditch every mile.
    I live in Fort Collins.

The worst of the accidents was North of us by the CO/WY border.

But, 40 accidents in 3 hours in Fort Collins is ridiculous...
    Police: All city roads back open; 40 accidents occurred in 3-hour span | coloradoan.com | The Coloradoan,

Even here in Lakewood, as soon as I got to Alameda from my house what do I see? An old trusty pickup pulling some SUV with California plates out of the ditch. I got a good laugh out of that.

Yeah tinkerinWstuff I heard from the guys coming in to work that there were people all over in the ditch and snowbanks. It boggles my mind how every time it snows here people act like they have never seen it before and drive straight into a ditch or guard rail.

Oh and coming in to work on I-25 south last night... doesn't it say in the driver hand book that slower traffic is to keep right? I mean, I probably drive a bit fast (60-70) on the snow pack. But the only time I have to slow down is when some dingbat is going about 30mph in the far left lane. It drives me insane to maneuver around these people. Oh and I drive to work between 2200 and 2230 so there is very light traffic. I would never drive that fast on the snow pack if it was during the day where you're always next to someone. I do not recklessly endanger lives.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    yea, I don't mind the snowpack, the problem is that the roads were rougher than a night in jail. The snowpack had holes in it and the freeway felt like a washboarded dirt road. Made for a rough 1.5hr commute in the 3/4 ton with a coffee filled bladder.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Oh, yeah that is the worst. Hope you didn't get your seats wet. LoL. Well I'm off for now... going to have a word with Mr. Plow... grr... Mr. Plow.

I love a good snowstorm!
    Clears the air, makes everything white & clean.
    (Makes the deer & elk easier to track.)

Thanks for the pics.

BTW, yesterday I had to take my kids friend home mid afternoon time. She was visiting for several hours. So I took the back roads because I wanted to stay away from other cars. Ya know, those country gravel roads that nobody travels on, (nor the county plows) can be great when the winds are right. 65MPH with the occasional 4ft drift can be ....exciting!
    I thought I was in one of those Jeep commercials.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

I'm in the banana belt, (Mesa County). Mostly dry and cold here this AM. My son lives in Castle Rock and works in Denver. Wonder what his commute is like today.

Blizzard Update

Teller County here. The only traffic is Deer, Elk and Big Horn Sheep. Reading this made me laugh! I had many years in snow and traffic (DFW is the worst, BTW) and can relate to it all. Coffee filled bladders screaming in pain, CA drivers (too many our here!), low clearance vehicles and horrid drivers..........And no, I don't miss it.........

Thanks for a good chuckle!

I plowed this AM with my part-time neighbor's 1968 Ford Bronco. It's a long story, and he's a Prince of a neighbor, but that's another story.

Last edited by Rock and Glock; March 27th, 2009 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Teller County here. The only traffic is Deer, Elk and Big Horn Sheep. Reading this made me laugh! I had many years in snow and traffic (DFW is the worst, BTW) and can relate to it all. Coffee filled bladders screaming in pain, CA drivers (too many our here!), low clearance vehicles and horrid drivers..........And no, I don't miss it.........

Thanks for a good chuckle!

I plowed this AM with my part-time neighbor's 1968 Ford Bronco. It's a long story, and he's a Prince of a neighbor, but that's another story.

That is one sweet ride right there.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Beautiful Bronco.

I just grabbed this example off the net, but his is just like it, with a bit of the original paint fading. It needs a good detail, LOL. Only 17,000 miles, 289, three on the column, 4WD. What a machine.

Links