Anyone here into old firetrucks?

This is a discussion on Anyone here into old firetrucks? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife and I went to the NYS museum yesterday and I snapped some pics of the old water spitters they had there....

Thread: Anyone here into old firetrucks?

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

Anyone here into old firetrucks?

My wife and I went to the NYS museum yesterday and I snapped some pics of the old water spitters they had there.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

I am not totaly in to them as in, I know everything about them. But I love to check them out among anything else old like that.

That's American History at it's finest.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Assistant Administrator
    Not a hobby interest bruce but I am full of admiration for them all - as Ti said - they do represent much history.

Two or three times a year our local firehall has events and pulls in trucks from adjacent areas - usually including a few real old examples - great to see.

Thx for the great selection of pics - good job.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Some nice pix, Bruce. Being an ex-volunteer fireman, I still have interest. By the way, my youngest son is a Capt with Calif Dept of Forestry, and gets to play with all the new ones.
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

I just like "Ol Trucks" no matter how the truck is configured. My friend and I recently finished frame off restoration on his 1944 Dodge WC 51 (Weapons Carrier) and I am looking for something else to try. The latest bug to bite is a chopped down Deuce 1/2 conversion. It would be a busted example so; I would not be butchering anything good. I hope to do something along the lines of the example pictured below.
    Attached Images

Blacksan.... love them Weap's.... had them at all the radar sites I was fortunate to attend; not that I wanted too. Tough as nails. I'd like to find one, for use up at my new property in WA state. Instead of a chainsaw, I could just pull them down !!
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by NevJohn
    Blacksan.... love them Weap's.... had them at all the radar sites I was fortunate to attend; not that I wanted too. Tough as nails. I'd like to find one, for use up at my new property in WA state. Instead of a chainsaw, I could just pull them down !!

NevJohn, I hear Ya brother!!! I have visons of Super Singles dancing through my head.

BTW I didn't mean to high-jack the thread Bruces45 , but I could spend the remainder of my days turning wrenches in the garage for fun and your thread just got me going.

Being an ex-firefighter myself I gotta hand it to the guys who drove those older rigs. All the new apparatus is power steering/automatic transmission, and not terribly difficult to drive. We had a couple of older vehicles in our fleet that were non power steering and stick shift, and what a bear they were to drive.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Bruce,

Some might fine pictures you got there :)

Always loved looking at older trucks.

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

My father tells me that he knew a man back in our old home-town in GA that wanted to join the local VFD, but wasn't part of the "good old boy" network. Being in the VFD was both a real service to the community, and something of a social-status thing, as well.

So, he bought his own fire truck.

The good old boys reconsidered their decision and let him in.

At least in this case, you can buy happiness!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Links