How much ya bench?

How much ya bench?

This is a discussion on How much ya bench? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This post is really about fitness training. Intrested in what fellow forum members do to keep fit. I train with Russian Kettlebells, sandbags, sledgehammers, tires, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much ya bench?

How much ya bench?

This post is really about fitness training. Intrested in what fellow forum members do to keep fit. I train with Russian Kettlebells, sandbags, sledgehammers, tires, logs, wieght vest...long walks, jump rope ..might get back to the boxing gym a couple days a week...what do you do?

VIP Member
    I lift free weights in my basement. I wish I had a lifting partner, but it's still better than going to the gym. I hate running, but that's what I have been trying to do more of lately.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I train at home, or the fire Dept. Or the park.

VIP Member
    What are you doing with the sandbags? Lifting, throwing, etc?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I drag concrete pumping hose around. I carry up to four fifty foot lengths that way roughly 200 lbs a piece on my truck plus other associated gear. Depending on the jobsite I may have up to all 4 sections out at a time. Now fill that full of concrete and when that hose is over my shoulder I can have between 300 and 400 lbs on my shoulders and can be dragging well over a 1000 lbs when making adjustments. Now do 3 to 4 jobs a day of completely unloading your gear, setting up, do the job, cleanout, pack it all up, and head off the next job. Now you have a workout. Two summers ago I calculated up what I was eating daily and it came down between 5000 and 6000 calories daily and I was still losing fat.

Oh yea, and I do lift weights too.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

VIP Member
    I eat lots of doughnuts to stay in shape. Hey, a pear is still a shape.

Ok I have a nice smith machine in my basement so I don't squish myself. It has a butterfly and a leg press too. It's pretty nice. I'd like to get a nice preacher bench too, but money is tight these days. I also ride my bike allot (in the summer). My bench isn't too much over 200lbs because I have two damaged shoulders. Not bad enough to go under the knife, but not good enough to really load em up.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

different lifts, carries. take a hundred lb duffle bag filled with sand , shoulder it. clean and press it...good stuff on you tube if your interested .

I train with 1 Lbs chili dogs and 1 pint curls. I wonder what my Dr. will find out during my visit tomorrow.

When I am feeling motivated I have a squat rack and olympic plates at home, when I want pain I do a farmer's walk down the alley with 45 Lbs dumbells. There is also the cardio and standard PT type stuff I do in TKD class twice a week.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    I ride my bike a lot, (20 miles a day) weather permitting. And I swim as much as I can, but not enough. Lifting is my favorite, but since I broke my collar bone snowboarding 10 years ago, I am still not back to my best bench max. During my senior year of high school, I put up 295, the best Iv'e been able to get since the accident is 245. Not bad but I'd really like to break the 300 lb. mark.
    Thomas Jefferson

Single stack home gym by Body Solid does it for me.

Senior Moderator
    I do 12oz curls....they get lighter with each rep
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I pay young kids to do my heavy lifting.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I'm a runner, and I do some body weight exercises routinely (including pull-ups).
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I go to the local YMCA and lift about 3 days a week. I hate running, it's my personal least favorite thing in the world. My wife and I walk a couple of miles in the evening when not at the Y. We are also thinking about buying a couple of bicycles for the summer.
    God Bless America!!

lift weights 4 times aweek. Love it. as for cardio I need to start doing that part. Not real impressed with my strength but you got to start somewhere and ever since surgery I cant strain myself or it feels like my abs re-rip.... but its good to workout. what better way to take your mind off the current troubles in one's life.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links