Well, Conficker got me...

This is a discussion on Well, Conficker got me... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was working away on my computer at school yesterday when a dialog box popped up and informed me that conficker had been detected on ...

Thread: Well, Conficker got me...

Senior Moderator

I was working away on my computer at school yesterday when a dialog box popped up and informed me that conficker had been detected on my machine and my computer was going to be remotely shut down in 20, 19, 18, 17.... seconds.

It was down all afternoon and a computer tech got it going again this morning. A thumb drive was infected with two viruses but neither was conficker.

It seems there are conficker A, B, C, D versions or something like that. So if I start posting nonsensical posts, well, more nonsensical than normal, somebody may be posting for me - .
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Administrator
    How do we know that you are you right now and that by clicking on your thread you didn't just give it to us.

We need to give you a test.

What do you like to climb?

A ~ Fences
    B ~ Trees
    C ~ Mountains
    D ~ Into Bed

Answer correctly or you are getting banned.

Senior Moderator
    LOL! So far it's me! The answer is B- trees - final answer.

I have to admit though, it would be helpful to have a virtual clone for reading posts - that'd save me a bunch of time.

But, the up side of this is , if I post something outrageous, I can always claim it was Conficker.

This may or may not be of some help. That bugger is tough to find let alone get rid of...

http://iv.cs.uni-bonn.de/wg/cs/appli...ing-conficker/
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I was working away on my computer at school yesterday when a dialog box popped up and informed me that conficker had been detected on my machine and my computer was going to be remotely shut down in 20, 19, 18, 17.... seconds.

It was down all afternoon and a computer tech got it going again this morning. A thumb drive was infected with two viruses but neither was conficker.

It seems there are conficker A, B, C, D versions or something like that. So if I start posting nonsensical posts, well, more nonsensical than normal, somebody may be posting for me - .
    So far only A, B, and C variants. More at (for those who are computer geeky):

Conficker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    So far only A, B, and C variants. More at (for those who are computer geeky):

Conficker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hey, wait a minute, I didn't put that D variant in my post.

jfl
    Ditch Micro$oft Windoze and run under Linux where almost everything is "open source" (free). Very few, if any, bad virus in Linux.
    I am running the Ubuntu flavor of Linux for 2 years. No more crashes, blue screen of death, memory leaks (in the computer that is, in my head not really true).
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I double that. I am usually running Slackware linux. Ubuntu is a lot more "coming from windows" friendly.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Sponsored Links