The Gun Shrink - Page 2

The Gun Shrink

This is a discussion on The Gun Shrink within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Is it me or the only ones finding it funny are the Steel crowd? Deafening Silence from the Plastic Tribe! Hmmmm, maybe the Doc will ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gun Shrink

VIP Member
    Is it me or the only ones finding it funny are the Steel crowd? Deafening Silence from the Plastic Tribe!

Hmmmm, maybe the Doc will have to come up with someting about 1911 owners.....
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Assistant Administrator
    I'm wondering what the Doc might have say about mouse guns
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Well, I'm a member of the "Plastic Tribe," I carry a Glock 23.

I found this thread to be rolling-on-the-floor funny!

I was going to post a comment earlier, but then the shrink said, "Keep me posted about the reactions of the Plastic Owners on that board. I would love to analyze their commentaries."

I just don't want to go there!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Thats pretty funny still don't fit though i had lego's but have more steel than plastic..lol

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    Is it me or the only ones finding it funny are the Steel crowd? Deafening Silence from the Plastic Tribe!
    Plastic people have no sense of humor!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

DC Founder
    Those are pretty good, Miggy! I am definitely part of the steel crowd so uphold your idea of the plastic crowd having no sense of humor....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I only own two sets of tupperwear (USP and the Glock(well, when it's out of lay-a-way) and the rest are pure steel.

Unless you count the syn. stock on my 10/22 and shotgun lol.

As a kid, I had both the steel construction sets as well as legos. As a kid I grew up mostly in the suburbs when my father was active duty and then in the country when he retired.

As an adult (and I use that term loosley *grin*), I have a tendency to shy away from cities, apartments, and "close" housing.

Yet at the same time I enjoy the conveniences of cities (especially delivery of food) but I hate driving to or in them. I am more of a loner then a socialite but I'm not a "cat" person (the ones that have 40000 cats living with them, I only have one).

So, I guess that I am more of a trad. but I won't overlook a good priced piece of tupperwear *grin*.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Plastic people have no sense of humor!

Yep i would Agree

VIP Member
    One more from the Doc.

Dear Miggy:

I just wanted to tell you I have been enjoying our little interaction. It is a refreshing thing that combatcarry.com board as opposed to the usual lot of patients that I have. I can tell you, it gets old having to deal with this new generation that get their initial psychological triage by watching Dr. Phil and want to be treated for what they think they have and not their real illness.

I am right now at Kennedy International Airport waiting for a flight to France. I am going to a symposium on Phobias, Cowardice and assorted irrational fears and the French are experts in the subject. I followed your advice and I registered in CombatCarry.com under an assumed name and with a profile that would not give away who am I and proceeded to peruse the postings. What have caught my attention are those small pictures which users have as emblem on their names. This is a vast and rich psychological mine for me to analyze! Well, if that is possible because I think some users have a strange sense of humor if you ask me.
    There is a group I call the Patriots: The Flag is the picture or some variation of it. Then we have the Proud Owners showing what I assume are their best and most loved artifacts, but there are some worth analyzing deeper. There is one individual I am sure you have seen that looks like Uncle fester with a water retention problem. Either he is joking or we have a very self-assured man in this person. The gentleman with the monkey is one I would love to get in my office and spend 3 hours worth of Rosarch with him. Does he feel he is still evolving as a person or as a Shooter? Is it a reflection of his physical conditioning (nimble and agile) or he sees himself in a poor light looks-wise? Like I said, hours upon hours with this gentleman.
    Another gentleman shows a kid sticking what I think is a metal object into an electrical socket. Perhaps exorcizing a traumatic event of the past? Maybe indicating that he is paying some sort of mental penance now.
    The gentleman of the sandals has a very interesting picture of himself. If you notice, the composition of the picture is such that his right eye has been “substituted” for the muzzle of his gun. All sorts of thoughts just erupt: deadeye, if looks could kill, pirate/buccaneer. Maybe he sees himself as a rogue in a conformist and tame society but is too polite to let everybody know the hard way.

The Young Mathematician’s picture is indeed a surprise. It is quaint and sober but stands out quite well and sort of says “Here! I don’t need to be flashy, just right.” Very reliant is what his picture says.

I was pleasantly shocked to see a woman swimming in this testosterone sea. You can tell that Betty is a no-nonsense woman with beauty, brains and brawn. She does not hide behind a logo or a symbol but defies everybody by showing herself. A Valkyrie indeed! And by the way she is treated in the board I can say that she knocked Odin off his throne and took over it. A woman not to be trifled with.

Thet are calling my flight right now so I must go. I will be probably be in touch again sometime next week with more analysis and I’ll keep checking the board from time to time.

Yours truly,
    Dr. Seisgeismundo Fraude.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    One more from the Doc.

Assistant Administrator
    Miggy - this stuff is inspired

Hope the old bugger survives his travels and comes back to give further reflections and diagnoses
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I am sure he will. We are a Target-Rich enviroment for him.
    Randy Cain.

lol Miggy you're a nut

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    lol Miggy you're a nut
    And that pretty much explains why I have a Shrink as Email Pal.
    Randy Cain.

1943 - 2009
    Miggy,

Are you sure the Doc went to medical school?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links