OK NO B.S. Ghosts or Aliens or Very Strange

This is a discussion on OK NO B.S. Ghosts or Aliens or Very Strange within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Do you have any....what you would consider to be a true Ghost Story...or strange or disturbing unnatural phenomenon? IMPORTANT: I'm not interested in any phony, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK NO B.S. Ghosts or Aliens or Very Strange

Administrator

OK NO B.S. Ghosts or Aliens or Very Strange

Do you have any....what you would consider to be a true Ghost Story...or strange or disturbing unnatural phenomenon?

IMPORTANT: I'm not interested in any phony, funny or "made up" stuff in this particular thread.

Anything that you believe to be a first hand true bizarre or scary incident???

OR....Ever see anything incomprehensible in the sky?

I know that a lot of you forum members live in parts of the country where the sky is crystal clear & the "night sky" is like a planetarium. Much easier to see weird or odd things "going on" up there...than where I'm located right now. Tell me about it.

Near Death or Out Of Body experiance ??? ...that's cool too.

I repeat....TRUE to the best of your honest knowledge...please post it here.
    Since I am an "all powerful forum moderator" I (for sure) intend to DELETE any joking around posts...so please don't contaminate this thread with any..."I woke up & saw Hillary Clinton standing at the foot of my bed...stuff."

I'm seriously interested in this and nobody (including me) knows who you really are so PLEASE don't be afraid to post.

If it's anything extremely personal that you don't want public at all...then feel free shoot me a Private Mail & tell me about it.

OK so...now you know what I'm looking for.
    Anything in the Realm Of The Inexplicable...that is not Bull $hit.

Please post it. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    About 9 years ago I was driving home after a date and it was about 12:15 a.m. I was on the highway only car in sight, I was proboly speeding but that plays no relivence. I remember thinking to myself that the chick I just went out with was a real looker, but annoying as hell, and I was tring to decide if I wanted to go through it all again for a second date (It wasn't really a sure thing so I had to really think about it). Anyways I'll get back on track here. So I'm driving along and its pitch black out, and all of a sudden the sky lights up just like it was day time this lasted for about 8-10 sec. there was no evident source of the light, just it went from pitch black to day time for about 10 sec and then back to pitch black.
    I have discussed this with many others and a few saw this enamily(sp?) Strangest thing I have ever seen

OKSHOOTER, what a delightful change. I'll try to describe what happened to me a few years ago, but first some background/history. About twenty years ago I purchased about 500 acres of worthless, useless, landlocked West Texas ranch land at a ridiculously low price. The reason the land was so cheap was because the estate owners were paying more taxes than the land was worth, and they had no use for it any longer. It was also very rugged, cactus and rock everywhere, poor grazing, dry water holes, and an over abundance of rattlesnakes (which I love to hunt/catch). The land was about four miles from the nearest road, and to gain access you had to cross two other ranches. After the purchase, I was exploring some of the property and came across an old, forgotten family cemetery dating back to the 1870's. It was in deplorable condition, with high weeds and huge beds of cactus covering most of the graves. The very minute I saw it , I promised myself and the full time residents that it would not, nor ever be in that condition again. It took two years of hard work, but it was restored to what I felt they would appreciate. During this clean up process, I became fascinated/obsessed with one particular woman's grave. I spent another year-plus researching her and her family. As it turned out, she and her husband migrated to this property after the civil war, and farmed it for the remainder of their lives. He died in 1876, and she managed the entire ranch by herself until her death in 1899. She must have been a tough old gal, because it was during this time that the Indian wars were still claiming the lives of area settlers on a daily basis. How she survived the raids is beyond me. Her grave became my "special", private place where I would (and still do) spend time talking to her, and enjoying her company. I soon realized that she was there in more ways than one. I knew that during the time that they lived on the property, they lived in two different places on the ranch, and I was determined to locate those homesteads. She directed me to both of them. If something had not told me to "look here" They would still be undiscovered because one is totally overgrown and hidden, and the other is in an area that is not accessible by vehicle. That place is what I believe to be the original homestead because of all the rock work that is remaining after over 135 years. It shows a mans' presence because the original corral, fences, and cistern were built with native rock, and still evident to this day. It was here she directed me again.
    I do some metal detecting as a hobby, and this was the place to break in a new Whites XLT detector. I started to detect around the home site, and was finding the normal junk iron, nails, spoons, etc when it started to rain. Not wanting to get the detector wet, and being nearly a mile from my truck, I headed back when suddenly the rain stopped. Since I was then in the middle of where the rock corral fence was, I again started detecting in the corral area. This time I was finding old horse and mule shoes, hinges, etc, but what I really wanted was old coins. I returned to the house area to continue, when it started raining again. Again, I packed up and it stopped raining at the exact place I was before. Strange. Something/someone didn't want me to search the house area - they wanted me to stay where I was. Again, I was in the area where most of the shoes were being found, when my detector gave me a signal with a possibility of a coin or ring at four inches deep. I dug, and found nothing, but the detector kept insisting that there was either a coin or ring (or something similar) at that point, again at four inches. Another dig, and out fell a gold wedding band, in perfect condition with the most beautiful designs on it I've ever seen. It had 18k inside the band. It fits my wife perfectly. We had it appraised, and it was indeed a pre-turn of the century piece, and the jeweler was most interested in buying it. Won't happen.
    She was with me the entire time. I wouldn't expect anybody to believe me, but I never could have located both homesteads, and the ring, and all the other neat things since, without some direction from wherever.
    I really didn't believe in the paranormal before, but I sure as heck do now.

VIP Member
    How about a story of being possessed by the dead?

This story is from my mother. She told me not to tell dad or my brother because she doesn't want to sound like a freak, but she didn't say I couldn't tell all you guys, so here it is!

Let me be absolutely clear that I have never, ever known my mom to lie, and she's had to tell some very hard truths. She doesn't make up stories. I'm not religious, I don't believe in ghosts, and it's possible that the person was faking, but it's a creepy story just the same...

A few years ago when mom went back to Viet Nam to visit family, mom was surrounded by visitors who came to say hello. She spotted a lady standing outside the family's house, not greeting her, just standing there looking at her, and she was clearly upset. And she didn't look very well, kinda pasty and pale green. The lady finally said, "don't you recognize me? I'm..." and she continued to tell mom that she's so-and-so and she's upset at mom because they were friends and she was a former neighbor and mom didn't even bother to come say hello to her.

Well, mom knew the person she was talking about, only that wasn't her - it couldn't be, because that person had been dead for many years.

The lady finally passed out. Her skin was clammy and cold. The others said not to worry, she's possessed by the dead lady and it happens every once in a while, and she won't remember a thing when she wakes up. A few seconds alter, the lady wakes up fine and doesn't remember a thing.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lead Moderator
    intresting. Once , driving down a 2 lane hiway in MI, I saw a set of 7 lights in a triangle shape horizontal w/ the ground. It dropped rapidly till it neared the tree line then diappeared. I have no idea what it was. Dropped too fast to be anything I could think of and the pattern wasn't any known aircraft I know of.

I was sled riding at night with a good friend when where kids out in the boonies when something strange occurred. We where in a farmer’s field that sloped down to the fencerow, to keep warm and to provide a marker we would light a small fire at the bottom. We both made a fast run on the now icy slope and decided to stand by the fire before giving the hill one more turn.

I turned to the north, noticed a triangular set of lights approaching our area at a rather slow pace, and pointed them out to my friend. The lights where only a couple of hundred feet off the ground and the craft was not omitting any sound. As it came closer, we got real scared and hid under our sleds. I looked over at my friend and noticed that the area was light up by what I assumed to be the craft from above us.

When I finally got the nerve to look up I noticed that it was above us and was omitting other then standard navigational lighting. The craft slowly turned to the left and moved away at a slow and silent pace. This was many years ago before helicopters where very common outside the military in our rural area and the shape did not indicate that sort of craft. The real mystery for me was the lack of engine noise?

We ran home and told our parents who tried to explain it away. Neither my friend nor I bought there explanations as we where there and shore of what we saw. This post jogged my memory as I have not spoken about this since then and I am going to give mom & pop a call and ask them if they recall it.

VIP Member
    In 1999 I was in Western Australia with my cousin for 5 months looking for gold nuggets (using Minelab 2100 detectors, Geezer ). It was April, and we were camping at a gold field about 30 miles from a town named Leonora. About 1 hour before sunset, we were setting up to cook dinner, and I noticed movement in the sky from the corner of my eye. I looked to the south, and there was a "spacecraft" of some type moving north at a real fast clip. I brought it to Warren's attention, and we watched as it crossed the sky almost directly above us. I'm guessing that it took less than 30 seconds to travel from horizon to horizon....it was too high to identify, but it was large...hard to estimate size, but I'd say it was at least as large as the Space Shuttle.

It was definitely something in low orbit...too high (and fast) to be an airplane. I don't believe in UFO's from outer space...I've heard tin-foil stuff about a Super-Secret gov't facility in the Australian Outback for air/space research...it was, and still is, a puzzler for me.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Well, I didn't see the "ghost," but I believe the guy, and here's why:

As a teen, I lived in a rural area, near a small town. I had recently gotten my driver's license, and was traveling from my home to my uncle's propert. I saw a fellow walking along the road, carrying a 100-pound sack of fertilizer. Now, I knew this man, knew where he lived, and had a good idea where he'd purchased the fertilizer. He was on a side road, traveling (by foot, with a heavy load) several unnecesary miles to get home.

As an aside, he was known as "Sampson." I dunno if that was his given name or a nickname; either way, he had it legitimately, 'cause he was strong as a horse!

I stopped & asked if he were heading home; he said he was. I asked if he'd like a ride, and he was appreciative. We tossed the fertilizer into the vehicle trunk, he got to the passenger seat, and away we went.

I commented that he had surely been taking the long way home. He sat quietly for a moment, and then said, "I don't cross the ol' Mill Bridge after dark, anymore." I asked why . . .

"Boss, ya know I used to work for the Colonel, at that ol' mill." (I didn't really know that; the mill had closed while I was a small child).

"After the Colonel died, and the mill closed, I was walking home one evening, just as the sun was settin'. While I was crossin' the bridge, someone stepped to the door of the mill and yelled, 'Sampson, get yer worthless a$$ to work!' I was surprised, and then I got mad. I figured someone was tryin' to scare me, actin' like the Colonel. I ain't never been scared o' much, so I walked on into that mill, to give that fella a piece of my mind. As I walked in, he turned to look at me . . . and it was the Colonel, sure enough. I worked for him for a lotta years, till the day he died, and there he was, no more than ten feet from me!

"Boss, I ain't crossed that bridge in the dark since that day."

Now, talk's cheap, but the extra miles that old man was willing to walk, carrying that 100-pound sack, and the way he told that story, sure convinced me.

Administrator

Thank You People ~ That's exactly what I want.

I've had three totally strange life events happen to me.
    One is a true "mind bender" & the other is extremely similar to one already posted above.
    I'll tell my own personal stories later on in this thread after more members have had a chance to post.

Assistant Administrator
    Fascinating! Geezer in particular. Can't add much of interest - just a morcel or two.

Apart from managing to divine for water etc I don't think I am much of a ''sensitive. I did tho have a very powerful (and my only) out-of-body-experience.

It was 1963, end of my college and a very rock'n'roll post graduation party. My ''drinking skills'' back then were minimal - by which I mean I had not fully discovered my ''limit'' LOL! I had been drinking rather absurd quantities of rum and coke all evening and was decidedly the worse for wear, when I had the pleasure of dancing with a girl who I felt was the hottest number there - so my feet didn't touch the ground for that reason, as well as the booze!

Now - an interesting thing I have found. I can be well ''pickled'' and not perhaps very co-ordinated and yet, there is an ''inner 10%'' which is totally sober, rational and if you like, the ''inner voice of reason''. While dancing I informed myself that I was an idiot to be so pickled and that it was hardly likely to impress the young lady - but we danced on - then I was suddenly aware that I was viewing myself and the girl dancing, from a position on the high ceiling - totally clear.

No idea now how long it lasted - may have been a second or two or longer but very real it was and that is why I think the memory is still so clear. That was it tho - never happened again. That evening finished with me making a long distance call via the big white telephone, located in the bathroom!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to finish - two or three things Bonnie my wife has experienced in our house - which is quite old. I think she is certainly more ''sensitive'' than me.

Some time ago she swears the TV turned itself on - and my daughter Beth confirmed that - it is still a mystery. Another time Bonnie was in the kitchen and felt a strong presence - she thought I had done my usual trick of sneaking up but no - not me at all.

Quite recently - she heard from the attic (Beth's room, over living room) - distinct footstep sounds. No one was up there.

She knows I am a bit of a skeptic but I always tell her that in fact I am a ''maybe''. I do not rule out strange events - but if no proof for me they happened, or didn't happen, then I remain open minded as a ''maybe''. Same with many things. I consider proof works both ways - not only should something be shown to occur but also be able to be proven not to occur.

If neither of those is fullfilled then possibility remains.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    In 1970 after another 6 mos. in SE Asia a couple of us managed to get 10 days R&R. We were not allowed to go back to CONUS so we chose to just take a 2 stop flight(anybody remember Flying Tiger Airline) back to Hawaii for some massive doses of I&I.

After about a week we were finally found by some HASP and escourted back to Pearl. Seems that most of the bases rescue swimmers had a huge shindig and they came down with food poisening. The base Exec. was friends with our C.O. and seems that if we agreed to stay sober for the next 4 or 5 days our boss would allow us to stay the extra time in Hawaii as replacements for the swimmers that were sick. Me and my buddy were "volunteered".

On the 2nd day of our 24hr. duty schedule the alarm was sounded. As we boarded the rescue chopper with out gear we were told that it was a civilian craft, about 110 miles from Pearl Harbor. We suited up and sat back to enjoy the flight. After about 20 minutes the crew chief motioned to us that the pilot wanted to talk to us. I went forward and was informed that the vessel was a 70ft. catamaran.

The helo was in radio contact with the cat and the crew was yelling and screaming for us to hurry and get there and that they were in some kind if trouble. The pilot said that he could hear yelling and screams from a male and one or more females. Also in the background a dog barking. As we approached the vessel the rescue helo's direction finder locked on the ship and as it came over the horizon the pilot got it on radar. As the cat got closer, the screams and barking got louder and worse sounding. We could only make out a few words,mostly crys for help,and the crew pleading with someone. As the catamaran got closer we noticed that there was no other vessel in sight.

The chopper pilot did not want to get too close to the cat for fear of putting his aircraft in danger,so we hovered at 200ft a couple hundred yards off the ships stbd beam. After a couple of minutes all sounds from the ships radio were gone but the mic was still "open". The pilot said that the voices "suddenly went silent". Even the barking dog.

We debated what to do for seems like forever but was probably 5-10 minutes. I told the pilot that I wanted to be dropped in. At first he refused. I told him that there could be someone injured aboard but he was surely concerned with our safety. Finally he agreed and my buddy and I went into the water. We could not be let down on the hoist because of all the tall rigging. Along with out regular gear we took a couple of .45's in a dry bag. We used a couple of low hanging ropes to gain access to the fwd deck. We stripped off our gear and quickly dug out the .45's.

The helo crew chief covered us with a M16 from the door of the hovering helo. The sails were down. The engine was running although not in gear(or maybe to just make power). On deck there was no visable sign of a struggle. We slowly went down below with .45's ready. We went through the ship. I went down in the engine room and found a switch to chop power. In the crews quarters there was NO sign of a struggle. Not even the dog that we all herd barking wildly.

All life perservers were accounted for. The EPIRB was in it's holder. The VHF radio was on. A half drank soda was on the table. We found the belongings of both male and female. We found a dogs water and food bowl. We found a hidden compartment with 2 Rem.870's and 100rds. of ammo in unopened water tight containers. The life raft was properly and securely stowed on deck. Everything was as it should be accept no humans or animals. Keep in mind that all 5 pairs of eyes were focused on the ship as we listened to shouts,crys,and a dog barking.We were within a half mile when the VHF transmission stopped. The VHF direction finder pointed at the ship at all times until we lost the signal then it swung 180 degrees.

We notified our findings to the helo via our hand held radio. He notified the coast guard. We elected to remain on the ship til they arrived about 2 hrs later. Another helo came out and scaned the area visually and with radar. We hitched a ride back to base with him. I never found out anything more about the catamaran or it's crew. From our close hover we would have seen anybody on deck or jumping overboard. We were told not to touch anything but while waiting for our ride we looked around.

We found jewlery,including a Rolex,and a gold bracelet that was laying on the stair well. Also a couple of expensive looking cameras. There was no dampness to the hull or the deck of the boat. The helo's and the boat never experienced any other strange occurances while we were aboard. What a day that was. I will remember it always. -------
    Last edited by RSSZ; February 21st, 2006 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Broke into para's to aid readability!

Assistant Administrator
    That RSSZ was wierd to point of ''Hollywierd''!! Incredible.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I've seen a few weird things over the years.. Like to Read the Stories but not tell um as i don't believe in this type of stuff

Well, I have two. One is being relayed from what my Mom told me and the other is a "not really sure but something seems to be there (here)" (Just thought of something, both are related but I really didn't seem to put two and two together).

1. My mom says that when I was a wee boy in Holland, I came to her and told her that Grandpa was (living? don't remember exactly what she said here) in my closet. She came with me and said that a blanket was on the bottom of the closet and it had a human form in it. She asked if I was standing on the blanket and I said no. I don't remember asking or saying this (I was around 4 or 5 at the time) but I have no reason not to believe my mom.

2. This house. This house belonged to my grandfather and mother, they raised their kids here. When I was out doing yard work I "felt" like my grandfather was with me. Just kind of smiling down on the work that I was doing. Helping me to get the job done. I didn't see anything but I just "felt" something. Especially when I was using some of his old tools.

I have never put the two together. Out of all my grandfathers, the one on my fathers side is still alive, but my grandfather on my mom's side died before I could meet him. He died either right before I was born or right after, I forget which.

Me personally, I believe in absolutes, you absolutly go to hell or to Heaven, there is no in between. But I also can't explain what happen to me as a child in Holland or the "feeling" that I had when I first got here.

Just some things that maybe I don't want the explination of, just keep on going and don't ask questions.

Wayne

Administrator

Thumbs up Fantastic

Oh...yes, by "first hand" if something happened to a close family member...Wife Husband - parents, Brother, Sister, or somebody that would have absolutely no reason to BS...then feel free to relate that story also.

I'm interested in events "very close to home" & not something that may or may not have happened to "the Uncle of a friend of a friend" if...you know what I mean. Thanks.
    I'll add my two tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links