I was 'pegged' at Wally-World!

This is a discussion on I was 'pegged' at Wally-World! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have no real constructive comments that have not already been previously made but, just wanted to add that I enjoyed reading about this little ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was 'pegged' at Wally-World!

Administrator

Thumbs up

I have no real constructive comments that have not already been previously made but, just wanted to add that I enjoyed reading about this little unique "Shopping Adventure" of yours.
    That was great!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've been followed around WalMart before by an LP guy. I guess cosmetics tend to be popular with shoplifters, so I wasn't too surprised to be watched in that aisle. It was annoying because he was so obvious, following me up one aisle and the next, pretending to be looking at the products - I mean, what guy stands around looking at mascara unless he's a drag queen?

The next time it happens, I'm walking over to the feminine hygiene aisle and I'm going to browse throught the tampons for a whole hour. Let's see how long he lasts.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I hate when I go into a store and they watch your every move....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Just walk up to the guy and stand their. When he moves follow him. If the LP guy was that obvious he needs to have more training. Most of these LP people figure that they are invisable anyway. Some have little, or the wrong kind of training. Our Wally Woild's have cameras(round black globes the size of beach balls)all over the store. Why do they have people following people anyway?? Seems kinda low tech to me. Does all this save the customer money or does it help finance the execs. new Mercedes?? -------

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel-Tec2006
    I guess cause I am big, bald, and tatooed dumb **** is just gonna follow me...

I think it's a song, or from a movie, but..."I'll follow you anywhere"
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Interesting story. That kind of thing used to bother me a lot, but I just kind of ignore it anymore. If those guys catch thieves, then good for them. I can't blame someone for following me around, I don't look much like a sheep either, so I'd fit some of those profiles of "bad guys."
    On the other hand.... when my wife notices someone following us, then it's really bad. She doesn't notice stuff like small motor vehicles in her way! The follower has to be just incredibly obvious - and some of the security people sure are.
    Of course, others are professionals - so I don't notice them and don't need to, either.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    The next time it happens, I'm walking over to the feminine hygiene aisle and I'm going to browse throught the tampons for a whole hour. Let's see how long he lasts.
    Betty, I had you tagged as being the ornery type! Welcome to the club!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I've been followed around WalMart before by an LP guy. I guess cosmetics tend to be popular with shoplifters, so I wasn't too surprised to be watched in that aisle. It was annoying because he was so obvious, following me up one aisle and the next, pretending to be looking at the products - I mean, what guy stands around looking at mascara unless he's a drag queen?

Should ask what brand they prefer next time

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I am not sure how well it would work ,but it would be fun. If you find yourself being followed by an obvious rookie LP, pull out your cell and quietly ask to speak to the manager on duty. If you can keep out of earshot, of the lp guy so much the better. When you get them on the line, get their name and quickly summarize the situation.
    If all goes well, you might get the manager over there to dress down captain obvious, or else turn and tell him Mr. or Mrs. Manager would like to see him in their office NOW.

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    I am not sure how well it would work ,but it would be fun. If you find yourself being followed by an obvious rookie LP, pull out your cell and quietly ask to speak to the manager on duty. If you can keep out of earshot, of the lp guy so much the better. When you get them on the line, get their name and quickly summarize the situation.
    If all goes well, you might get the manager over there to dress down captain obvious, or else turn and tell him Mr. or Mrs. Manager would like to see him in their office NOW.
    Or you could call the store manager and tell him some guy is stalking you inside his store and see how that turns out.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Kel Tec,

I feel for ya, Being I am completely sleeved out with Tattoo's, Have a Buzz cut & i guess generally walk around like a THug ( My wife says I make people nervous just by my presence. ) I have this happen on a regular basis, I have actually been detained, & asked to empty my pockets or to get undressed , at this time i request them to contact LEO. I also have contacted my Attorney a few times when required..
    Plus you should see there looks when they ask you to empty your pockets & you pull out 2 small BUGs. at that point the call LEO if they havent already.

Wal Mart Dicks are some of the worst , they are mostly young inexperienced punks that have a giant power trip. Actually had one tell me he could detain me for hours if he felt like it & that he didnt have to notify LE... needless to say I used me cell & called a LEO . when they arrived they informed mister store cop , that he could be arrested for unlawful detainment . This was funny.

I have learned to have fun with them . & being most of my friends are LEO's & we have worked together on ocassion i can have fun at store dicks expense.
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links