I'm going to South Africa tomorrow!

This is a discussion on I'm going to South Africa tomorrow! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm literally bouncing up and down from the excitement! Tomorrow, our son will get up and find whatever the Easter Bunny has left for him ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar

I'm literally bouncing up and down from the excitement!

Tomorrow, our son will get up and find whatever the Easter Bunny has left for him (would it be really wrong to scatter Cocoa Puffs and just tell him it's Easter Bunny poo? ) and we head out to the airport for our 10-day trip to South Africa!

My husband has a book signing there for 3 days, and our hosts have graciously offered to put us up for an extra week, and show us all around Johannesburg, etc. They've put us up in this really cool resort that is next to a game preserve, so our room windows actually face out onto the Giraffe Area!

Next door is a cheetah breeding/conservation program, and when our hosts called lats night, they said that they are also breeding white tigers now, and they've arranged for us to 1) go into the cheetah nursery and handle/feed the babies (under supervision, of course) and 2) arrive when the tigers are feeding, so we can watch up close!

I had to share, this is like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for our family! Anyhow, I wanted to say "bye for now" and enjoy Spring Break, everybody!

Administrator
    Enjoy! Have a good safe trip. Take PICS.

Have a great trip, Bunny!

We will expect an AAR.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Wow! That's not something that everybody gets to do...have a safe and enjoyable trip!

And when you get back, remember...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Sounds neat. I wonder what book is being signed....
    "Just blame Sixto"

Have a great trip! Cocoa Puffs...that is so wrong.......and so funny.........

The Mrs. and myself thought the flight to Australia and New Zealand was long couldn't image the additional hours to AS from what I have heard worth the trip. I would beg borrow or steal and take another week or two onto your trip and stop to see Australia or NZ. As close to heaven as you can get. While in SA look up at the stars in the sky. You will see stars that you cannot see on our side of the planet. Wear loose comfortable clothes for the flight. After sitting on a plane for so long I think I took the longest shower ever in my life when we got to the hotel room to wash off hebe jebes from sitting so long. Remember to get up and stretch your legs. I would look into joining the mile high club. Enjoy the trip and please post pictures.

What every trip like this needs is a good baggage boy and being that I so want you to enjoy yourself to the fullest I will offer you my services. Just let me know the flight info and reserve me a room and meals and I will be your baggage boy.

P.S. Should I bring sun block.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    The Mrs. and myself thought the flight to Australia and New Zealand was long couldn't image the additional hours to AS from what I have heard worth the trip. I would beg borrow or steal and take another week or two onto your trip and stop to see Australia or NZ. As close to heaven as you can get. While in SA look up at the stars in the sky. You will see stars that you cannot see on our side of the planet. Wear loose comfortable clothes for the flight. After sitting on a plane for so long I think I took the longest shower ever in my life when we got to the hotel room to wash off hebe jebes from sitting so long. Remember to get up and stretch your legs. I would look into joining the mile high club. Enjoy the trip and please post pictures.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I'm literally bouncing up and down from the excitement!

Tomorrow, our son will get up and find whatever the Easter Bunny has left for him .....
    On Palm Sunday? Or since you're going to be gone during Easter you're planning in advance?

Sounds like an excellent trip, have fun and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I would look into joining the mile high club. Enjoy the trip and please post pictures.
    After re-reading my post let me clear something up. The photos that I was refering to was the sights of SA not of joining the mile high club. Those can be send via PM to me since this site is a family board.

VIP Member
    Have a great trip there Bunny. Hopefully when you get back you'll be greeted by Argos or Romeo, or whatever you name him.
    I assume you're flying to London then transferring to South African Airways? As per the previous poster, dress comfortably for the flight. We always wear track suits for long flights. If available take a shower at the airport when you reach London. You won't beleive the difference it makes. Pack some fresh undies and socks etc. to change into after the shower.
    You also want to go to Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru to try to pick your seats in advance. Good seats beat rotton seats anytime. As you may have guessed, Mrs. GunnyBunny and I are travel veterans. S.E. Asia is our favourite destination and hopefully we'll get to R.S.A (the proper name for South Africa) one day.
    ENYOY!!!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    ENYOY!!!!
    ENJOY! the proper way to spell ENYOY!!!!.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ENJOY! the proper way to spell ENYOY!!!!.
    That's South African for enjoy, just trying to get in the spirit of things!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    That's South African for enjoy, just trying to get in the spirit of things!!
    ...but the proper way to spell it is Enjoy.

I'm making a joke. Oh well, its my American arrogance. Just ask Obama.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links