To Kill........an American

This is a discussion on To Kill........an American within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure where to post this so I am posting it here (moderators, please feel free to move it where appropriate). I found this on ...

Thread: To Kill........an American

To Kill........an American

Not sure where to post this so I am posting it here (moderators, please feel free to move it where appropriate). I found this on an ATV forum that I frequent.

Written by an Australian Dentist...

To Kill an American

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . so they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim.
    In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
    The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Please keep this going!
    Pass this around the World ?
    then pass it around again.
    It says it all, for all of us

2. Remove Ads

To all terriost

I am an American!

Were coming :fahrzeug034:

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    I am an American!

Ti.

Amen Brother

Lead Moderator
    That is great!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Lee Greenwood may have been a draft-dodger, or whatever people call him. But through his song, he's truly an American Patriot.

I'm Proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
    And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
    And I gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today
    Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land.

God Bless the USA.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Right on jar!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

VIP Member
    The piece was written by Peter Ferrara, an associate professor of law at the George Mason University School of Law in Northern Virginia. Mr. Ferrara's commentary was originally published in the National Review on 25 September 2001.

Also part of the piece shown here was edited and bits added, so it really isn't Mr. Ferrara's original piece. It doesn't necessarily preclude you from enjoying it however. There are some people, ordinary people, who have very good views. Unfortunately people circulating things on the internet need some extraordinary attribution to add weight to what is said or written.

-Scott-

Assistant Administrator
    Says a whole lot - and considering our ''melting pot'' - yes indeed - come kill us if you can - but as to whether you'll find the imagined American or not is another matter. Could well be killing ''one of your own''.

God Bless America.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    To all terriost

I am an American!

Ti
    I'm with ya
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Thank you for such an outstanding post!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

DC Founder
    Great post and very true.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Hard to add to any of the above - Thanks!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

You are welcome

I am glad you all like it and it is so true if we just take the time to think back on our history. It may not be as long as some but it is ours and I for one am extremely proud of it.

Eric

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Another thing that these people forget is that we have made it a LAW that anybody guilty of killing an American....ANYWHERE can be arrested by the FBI and tried in the US. We have proven in the past that we are not afraid to come and get them. Honestly...is it really worth looking over your shoulder forever just to kill one of us?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Links