I got busted in a drug deal...

This is a discussion on I got busted in a drug deal... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So last night I'm sitting on my Harley in the parking lot of a QT (convenience store) waiting on an ammo buyer. This is the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got busted in a drug deal...

I got busted in a drug deal...

So last night I'm sitting on my Harley in the parking lot of a QT (convenience store) waiting on an ammo buyer. This is the place I normally use for routine swaps and I'm over on the far edge of the parking lot just sitting there. I'm used to seeing PD at QT's regularly. Suddenly two Crown Vics and two SUV's come pulling in and head right toward me, encircling me and my bike. Over the loudspeaker (we were like six feet away) one orders me to move away from the bike and lean against a wall. I'm a retired cop myself and know the drill well. I stood in silence as they discussed what to do next. It was funny listening, as none were sure what PC they had for a search. Finally along came Sarge who I recognized. He walked up and asked how the drug business was going. Had me baffled. Apparently the employees had seen me there the night before receiving money and giving a bag (of ammo) to another guy, who "quickly drove away". I told the old Sarge what was happening and showed him the ammo in the trunk of my bike. He ran the rest off and we had a good laugh. The poor guy who was supposed to meet me saw the action and stayed up by the door of the store. I recognized his vehicle and the Sarge called him over and told him all was cool. We even went in the store and he told the Mgr. that everything was legal. The manager was OK with it too.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

2. Remove Ads

did you stain your chaps? j/k.. man i would have been like what? lol
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

As much as I would of felt embarrassed, I'd have to applaud the manager for staying vigilant and trying to keep the his place clean. Glad it went well.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

sounds like my kind of luck...

thanks for the post.

The best part is that you listened to the Leo's directions. I could understand how the manager thought something bad was happening. Good SA on his part and better on yours.

They did well until they had me on the wall. I'm glad they didn't, but someone should have secured me. The didn't know what to do about probable cause. I was carrying, but in Arizona you don't have to tell until asked. If I saw one coming, I would have told, but I didn't want to get them more excited!

VIP Member
    Finally along came Sarge who I recognized. He walked up and asked how the drug business was going.
    You should have told him fine until his boys showed up!

VIP Member
    I don't find the story amusing. What would have happened if you didn't know the sarge? If you weren't a retired officer? What would have happened when they realized you were armed, and had ammo in your bike; legally or not?

They should have thought about the PC part before causing a scene.

I'm all for stopping the street trade stuff (if only because that is what the law presently requires), but this scene could have gone south really fast and for no good reason. Just one misunderstanding after another and a bad spiral till someone is hurt; one word uttered about a gun because you thought notification was required; one split second's hesitation in moving or complying.

Glad it all worked out OK. There is a lesson in here about where not to do business and how to dress and look when doing business. Like a businessman.

I think the store manager did well. The cops could have done better. They obviously didn't think it through.

First they should have just driven up to you, ran your plates to see if there is a "good reason" to put you in the position. Next, if your plates come back clean, they should have driven up to you for a bit of small talk... They don't need PC to ask questions. You of course can refuse to answer. If they feel something is odd, they can always "smell pot" and use that as PC.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    You should have given them all a rude gesture and screamed "You jackboots ain't got no probably cause!"

With lots of obscenities, too.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

They actually had PC your on private property and you were observed in what looked to be suspicious activity,the officers can legally detain you and search you for weapons prior to interviewing you about what you are doing in the parking lot.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

I'm glad all of my dealing's with you have been 'long distance'.
    Glad everything's OK.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

We had a story in the paper about some people always "in the parking lot " moving things from the trunk of one car, to the trunk of others. They were Amway distributors, but they didn't know that until about 10 police cars and a a police helicopter showed up to investigate it all.

JD
    Administrator
    OK, now the important question....

Just how much does an 8-ball of .45 cost?

Let's see...1/8 of an ounce...
    How do you know those terms JD????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links