Considering a new tattoo.....

This is a discussion on Considering a new tattoo..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have been thinking of getting a new tattoo for a while now and it just hit me lastnight.....I am thinking now of getting the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering a new tattoo.....

Considering a new tattoo.....

I have been thinking of getting a new tattoo for a while now and it just hit me lastnight.....I am thinking now of getting the Second Amendment tattooed across my shoulders on my back....just below neck level, from one shoulder to the other.

Of course, this would most likely permanently brand me as a radical and enemy of the state.....at least with the clown we have in office and the clowns who currently control congress.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

That sounds like a cool idea. I hear ya about being a marked man. But when that day comes....I think having that tattoo across your back will be the least of your worries. I say go for it. You should get it in the same type of old school script.
    Last edited by SigNY; April 9th, 2009 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Spelling
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Phil 1:6

I want to get a tattoo as well. I currently have no clue whatsoever as to what I want to get. No hurry to get one. Want something I wouldn't mind wearing forever.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Tattoos are nice, but expensive. I'd rather save my money for a rainy day now. Remember....nobody is going to put you to death for a tattoo.....it's your faith in God they will be after.

I do enjoy tattoos. I'm up to 6, and will probably get a few more this year. However, as a general rule I make myself wait at least 3 months between coming up with the idea, and actually getting the tattoo, that gives me plenty of chances to decide its a stupid idea (something i've done multiple times).

They can be expensive too, that is why you get to be good friends with your artist.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I am thinking now of getting the Second Amendment tattooed across my shoulders on my back....just below neck level, from one shoulder to the other.
    When I read the thread title this was the first thing I thought of, how funny. I was going to suggest a full back piece, with the 2A written on what looks like an old piece of paper with the top and bottom rolled a little, and nicks in the sides to show the age of the paper it was written on.

You go for that and I'll Paypal you some money to help offset the cost.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Administrator
    "Of course, this would most likely permanently brand me as a radical and enemy of the state"

Actually I think it would permanently brand you as a patriot.

Just my opinion on that.

Lead Moderator
    As suggested, I wait a while before settling on a tattoo. After all it is permanent.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "Of course, this would most likely permanently brand me as a radical and enemy of the state"

Actually I think it would permanently brand you as a patriot.

Just my opinion on that.
    I agree with you. Id wait though. Not a good time to be getting one. I have a few spots on my arms that need to be completed. I was going to do it towards the end of last year but Im waiting.

The money right now is better spent on other items.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Hmm...think of all that money you'd be burning on that tattoo that could be spent on ammo
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I have 6 now but still take my time in running with an idea. What seems great now sometimes fades away after a while. What your are thinking is a very cool idea though and Paco's idea added to that would be awesome. At least the concept is timeless, it will always be relevant.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Administrator
    I'm not the tattoo type, so I have one question to ask; Why?

Why would you want to have that etched on your body? I understand the meaning etc., but what I dont get is why somebody would do that. The 2A is worth a lot more written on thepeice of paper that it is already on, why the need to put it on your back? Is it for yourself? A conversation piece? What is it for?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

Why would you want to have that etched on your body? I understand the meaning etc., but what I dont get is why somebody would do that. The 2A is worth a lot more written on thepeice of paper that it is already on, why the need to put it on your back? Is it for yourself? A conversation piece? What is it for?
    Thats a pretty important question to ask, IMO, before getting a tattoo. A couple of mine are "motto tats" (IIRC you have one of those too Mike), Marine Corps things that I know down the road I'll still be ok with. The other "theme" I mostly work with as far as tattoos is great military forces from the past (FWIW, I do have a degree in Military History, so its something I've always enjoyed, and makes for unique tattoos). Both of those themes mean a lot to me and have taken up untold hours of my life.

But why is always a good question to ask.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I grew up in the South and was raised around farming and ranching, yes sir and yes 'mam, huntin' and fishin', love of country and fear of God Almighty. In high school one night a bunch of us good ole boys decided to go get some tats. I got a confederate flag with a bulldog in the middle. I have been branded a racist, which is the farthest from the truth, ever since. Most people can't understand it is about a way of life, a mind set, my hertiage that I am proud about. It really upsets me when I am at the beach or something and I get that look and realize they saw my tat and I am some sort of racist. Jeez!!!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I do enjoy tattoos. I'm up to 6, and will probably get a few more this year. However, as a general rule I make myself wait at least 3 months between coming up with the idea, and actually getting the tattoo, that gives me plenty of chances to decide its a stupid idea (something i've done multiple times).

They can be expensive too, that is why you get to be good friends with your artist.
    yeah that is a good idea, better not rush into somehting that will be there forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

he supports the 2A rights, what other reason does he need? for some reason i dont think that his view will ever radically change, so i think its a safe and good idea. tattoos should only be for YOU and noone else, you will be the one that wears it forever, not anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    I grew up in the South and was raised around farming and ranching, yes sir and yes 'mam, huntin' and fishin', love of country and fear of God Almighty. In high school one night a bunch of us good ole boys decided to go get some tats. I got a confederate flag with a bulldog in the middle. I have been branded a racist, which is the farthest from the truth, ever since. Most people can't understand it is about a way of life, a mind set, my hertiage that I am proud about. It really upsets me when I am at the beach or something and I get that look and realize they saw my tat and I am some sort of racist. Jeez!!!
    hate to say it, but people are stupid. people see that symbol the same way they see a swastika. both ORIGINALLY had a good meaning, but due to their iconic use, the symbol will be forever tarnished. the southern flag originally was a symbol of your pride of being a southerner, but due to the abuse of racial hate groups people jump to the conclusion they hear most, that it symbolizes your hate of the north, blacks, or whatever other twisted meaning they come up with.

now before you ask how i could compare the southern flag to a swastika, the symbol originates in sanskrit as a symbol of GOOD LUCK, now how many of you guys knew that? ill bet not that many, due to the nazi's use of the symbol. it has been forever labeled a symbol of hate, due to their actions.

the point here is, because it means one thing to you, does not mean the rest of the world will view it the same way. so be careful what you get, because no matter what you pick out, you will find someone who will judge you solely on that piece of art. yes we all support the second ammendment, HERE, but obviously we still have to fight for said righs, so there are still A LOT of people who dont share our views, so be careful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links