Hardware store searching for owner of Veterans ring

This is a discussion on Hardware store searching for owner of Veterans ring within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We have a fairly large veteran base on the forums here so this is as good a place as any. Spread the word to your ...

Thread: Hardware store searching for owner of Veterans ring

Hardware store searching for owner of Veterans ring

We have a fairly large veteran base on the forums here so this is as good a place as any. Spread the word to your groups folks...
    ...photos are included on the site...
    KHQ Right Now - News and Weather for Spokane and North Idaho | Valley hardware store searching for owner of Veteran's ring
    Valley hardware store searching for owner of Veterans ring

Posted: April 9, 2009 02:23 PM

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - An orange sign near the cash register at Ace Hardware outlines how customers can return merchandise to stores; the store is now wondering how to return personal possessions to customers.

A ring commemorating Vietnam Veterans was found near one of the registers almost two years ago. A cashier rediscovered it in the store's lost and found last week.

"A customer must have left it when they pulled change out of their pocket," said Jenna Boogerd, the cashier who re-found the ring.

The store hoped someone would realize they'd lost the ring and retrace their steps, but no one has returned to the store in search of the ring.

Boogerd has now placed an ad on Craigslist hoping to find the owner.

The ring is encrusted with the Marine Corp insignia and several designs commemorating service in Vietnam.

The cashier says she has family members serving in the military and hopes to help find the owner soon.

"There's a lot of people around here that do support the troops," she said. "I feel that this is one way of supporting your troops is finding a piece of wartime and returning it to it's rightful owner."

The ring has three initials and a date (presumably the owner's initials and dates from a tour of duty) inscribed in the band.

Boogerd says the ring is dirty and worn. Signs, she says, that the ring was once important to the owner who probably wore it daily.

Anyone who recognizes the ring can contact the Ace Hardware at Sprague Avenue and Sullivan Road in Spokane Valley.

- Anthony Gomes
    KHQ Local News
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Links