History of Gun kid
Inmate Information for JOHN MELVIN DAVIS
Inmate Register Number : 84034-012
Name : JOHN MELVIN DAVIS
Age : 54
Race : WHITE
Sex : MALE
Date Released : 7/6/00
The first time I met Gun kid, was on the now defunct “Bug Out Board”. This was his own site prior to going to jail the last time back around ’97-’98 or so. At that time it was his fantasy that if the balloon ever went up he was going to jump on his life raft and float down the Mississippi. Being that he would be in the middle of the river, he was immune from bullets fired at him. His re-supply plan was to shoot innocent people in the back and steal anything they had in supplies so he could survive. The trip was to be from Illinois to Louisiana where he was going to sell his services as a hired killer to any local warlord! He was living in the back of his van at that time and during the winter depended on his Mylar blankets for warmth. Mind you he did ask for suggestions to stay warm. While he was sleeping in his van, someone snuck in and stole the battery while he slept;
-He has seduced his best friend’s wife leaving her pregnant and then abandoning his daughter and if the balloon ever goes up, he has already stated his wife is on her own
- He allegedly had a 2 year IPSC career 30 years ago, still thinks he’s a top hand yet the few competitors who remember him indicates that he chokes under pressure. He boasts, of his prowess, but can't provide any facts;
-He likes to allude to a magnificent IPSC shooting career. There are no records of his exploits. However, there are complete records of other competitor’s scores, shot in the time frame he claims to have been a competitor.
-He claims to have shot in the IPSC World Match in 1977, yet can’t tell anyone who won the match or the handgun used;
-He does believe that IPSC shooting is reality and that’s how life will be if the balloon ever goes up;
-He claimed to have shot with the South West Pistol League in the middle 1970's, yet John doesn't even remember Peter-the-Power-Meter. Ask Hard Ball, he remembers Ol' Peter. Gun Kid knows none, of the old line, 1970's era, SWPL shooters;
-Well, we do know that Gun kid managed to shoot two people. Of course, they were both him. He shot himself in the foot with a .22 then poured scalding water over his foot as he couldn’t afford to go to a doctor. They second time he allegedly shot himself in the belt buckle with a .45. He has admitted to at least a ½ dozen accidental discharges on various boards;
-Gun kid joined/was drafted into the Army in 1971 where he became a Military Policeman. He was shipped to Korea where he admitted that he slept on guard duty and beat the police dog that he was responsible for, went AWOL and admitted theft of government property. He received an early discharge from the Army after 1 year 7 months. He has not divulged the reason why. One can only speculate;
-Gunkid became a world class gunsmith while he vacationed at Federal Correctional Institution Phoenix, they had a machine shop!
-He has been arrested on numerous occasions, once by a meter maid, once his Community Programs Manager phoned him and he turned himself in. He has been a drug dealer and made cheap ineffective silencers. The 13 plus years he spent in jail indicates he isn’t the most successful of the criminal breed. He suggests that the way to be a successful drug dealer is to have kids sell your drugs as they can’t be arrested, same with selling silencers. Another arrest he received for Falsifying a Firearms Statement and Felon in Possession of a Firearm. This lead to the great escape.
-The Great Escape; 14-25 Feb 1990 an escape adventure happened, in which Gunkid received 33 additional consecutive months to his original sentence. The most important question we have to ask is how stupid would a felon have to be to buy a firearm on a yellow sheet. Like a good little convict when released from prison he did a Furlough Transfer to a half way house. He was then involved with a theft and again found to be in possession of narcotics and fled by city bus to a friend’s house to live on a Tang/Peanut Butter diet until he could turn himself into police. He does this surrender thing very well. Allegedly the judge who ordered him into being a “Study case” stated John’s “Flights of Fantasy” necessitated the ruling.
-Gun kid has 3-4 bulging discs as a result of hurting himself while he had a porta potty job hauling and cleaning job. He doesn’t believe in hiking just in case he hurts his knees and ankle;
-He currently collects $800.00 SSI from the US government and allows a woman to support him, yet he complains of others “sucking off the government”;
-Gun kid claims to be the biggest baddest survival guru on the planet, yet:
Gun kid has admitted the following;
1) Can't completely clean an AR which he touts as the “ultimate survival rifle”
2) Can't use a map or compass, therefore they are useless;
3) Can’t understand why people buy quality gear because he looses his during his ½ day field exercises;
4) Doesn't own a watch cause he doesn't know how to use one in a survival situation,
5) Tech knowledge on suppressors is 40 years old, but without a suppressor you will
flinch and miss;
6) Backpacking knowledge is based on fantasy, and has only minimal knowledge of what equipment is required to survive successfully in the bush over an extended;
7) Believes that a good sleeping bag is a waste and Mylar can cover all your outdoor sleeping needs;
8) Tactical knowledge is non existent "The Army didn't teach me nothin"!, and simply declares that everyone that uses a .308 will be standing around in the open all the time;
9) Scared to shoot at something over 100 yds, because after that distance all hits are based on luck and nobody can hit a moving target;
10) Your SHTF kit should only weigh 25-30 pounds, including 4 pounds of body armour and all your firearms and ammunition, the difference in the 4 seasons is irrelevant;
11) the debarked Chihuahua is the best survival alarm you can have;
12) a .223 fired from a 10" barrel is the ultimate weapon and is useful up to 300yds, but only when used with a suppressor because he has a severe flinch when shooting without one. As he has this problem he projects it on everyone else;
13) the assault wheelbarrow is the only item you require to transport your kit if the balloon ever goes up! Things like Trucks, 4x4’s, quads, horses, pack mules, dog sleds, etc are stupid;
14) Planning ahead is a waste of time because if the balloon ever goes up he will survive by cannibalism;
15) Bolt actions are worthless and cannot be used to kill anyone;
16) The short 10” or 11.5" AR is the ultimate weapon;
17) .308's are useless; the rounds bounce off of things;
18) "Practicing with a pistol past ten yards is useless." "All gun fights with a pistol will happen in ten feet or less." "Shooting at anyone with a rifle at over 100 yards without a "can" or muff's will result in misses every time” all pistol calibers required for SHTF should be in wildcat calibres, re-supply is not important as you are too stupid to live past shooting 50 rds;
19) He kills dogs all the time for no apparent reason and they run away when shot;
20) He can prove anything to be true by simply declaring it so;
21) According to him, you are all “stupes” and liars, you've never caught me lying, even when you have, I simply declare that you haven’t;
22) He will bet you 5k on some asinine bet that involves one of us dying to settle, so you won't take me up on it. And if you did take me up on it I will ignore you and pretend you ran from my bet.
Claims he's going to get a website that's going to make him $300,000, $50,000, $45,000, $30,000 a year depending on which lie he's typing at the moment -- for over a year. When he finally gets it up, all it is, is his regurgitated posts, written under a false name since he can't use his own, he's sullied it so bad, and has to have a "guest writer" post articles that are word-for-word the same as the ones he posted under his pseudonym.
1.) he assumes he's going to ambush people and they won't be able to figure out where he is, and kill him
2.) He assumes people can't shoot any weapon except a .22 well, because HE can't.
3.) He assumes he'll be dodging and weaving and rushing from cover to cover 24/7
4.) he assumes he'll always be able to pick the fight.
5.) he assumes he can't be forced out of his cover.
6.) he assumes no one has suppressors for their .30 cals
7.) he assumes his suppressor will work (PVC pipe with faucet screen?)
8.) he assumes if he has a suppressed weapon, that the report of his "enemy's" weapons won't effect him.
9.) he assumes he'll have a suppressed weapon (which he doesn't have now, despite his braying and eDrooling, he IS afraid of his PO)
10.) he assumes he'll have any weapon (which he doesn't have now, despite his braying and eDrooling, he IS afraid of his PO)
11.) he assumes he has survival skills (between "the Army never taught me nuffin'" and his 1/2 ftxs, it's doubtful)
12.) he assumes a Mylar blanket is all the protection he needs from the cold, when he lives in COLORADO (although he thinks he's in the Sierras)
13.) he assumes he can move quietly through heavy cover at night
1) he cannot accept that there are people who know more about all these things than he does;
2) he has almost zero social skills and threatens and attacks any who disagree with him;
3) he will challenge everyone, but will fail to accept his own challenges;
he refuses an all-expense paid trip to watch someone prove themselves
because he’s, well, scared!
4) he believes that a major achievement in his life is how many posts he can
make on a board, topic relevance is not a requirement;
Andy's rules of combat
1) all opponents mill around in the open in daylight
2) all opponents cannot hit without a suppressor
3) opponents are only allowed to use iron sights
4) opponents can only use ball ammo
5) no one is allowed to carry much ammo
6) everyone must be alone because nobody showed up
7) everyone that is not alone will be unable to cooperate
8) attackers will use the shimmy shimmy koko pop (dodge and weave) and you cannot shoot them
9) all random events are 50-50 (ignore 1 in 3, 1 in 10, etc)
10) a hit from a .22 at any range is instantly fatal, even if you take 3 days to die.
11) Maps cannot provide any clues as to where food, water, cities, enemies might be located
12) compass forces you to travel in straight line.
13) in order to use a scope with a mil-dot, you must stand in the open
14) darkness makes you invisible
15) suppressor makes you invulnerable.