census

This is a discussion on census within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm Not feeling like being enumerated, what if any are the ramifications of not participating? As in get off My property with your GPS unit ...

Thread: census

census

I'm Not feeling like being enumerated, what if any are the ramifications of not participating?

As in get off My property with your GPS unit and bag.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Or you can always lie. tell them that there 100 illegals living with you and need government bailout. Use the money to buy guns and ammo
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    miggy i like the way you think but i dont think i can get 100 people in my small house let alone in the yard lol
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

hey all the reg census did not start yet. they are just doing the mapping.
    Last edited by magna750; April 14th, 2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: i know some one doing it and NO there not acorn

In answer to your queston, I don't think that they can do much if you refuse to give info...just don't answer the door.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Just do like I do when "they" call from the Yellow Pages, wanting to update my info.

Hello, Mr.Z, I am from the yellow pages and need to update info.

Me---Ok

Guy--Are you still at this address???

Me--- No, we have moved---Make up new address and give him

Guy----Ok, Now what about your mailing address???

Me---No, it's not the same, it's now P.O. box what ever comes to my mind.

Guy---Oh, ok, Now I need to verify your phone number.

Me---Nope, different number, it's now (make up number)

Guy---Yes, but I called you on this old phone number???

Me---Yes, but it is wrong.

At about this point they realise everything they are going to get from me will all be wrong, and they just go away by them selves, and I just smile.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

If they can get 30 illegals in a F150 pickup you can get at least 100 in a small house
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by mathewsman View Post
    miggy i like the way you think but i dont think i can get 100 people in my small house let alone in the yard lol
    You haven't seen what the "coyotes" fit into pickups and drop houses out here in the Phoenix area!!!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Participation is required by law.

US CODE: Title 13,221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Just do it the way Christopher Walken does.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

The next census will be whatever the New Messiah and his buddies at ACORN say it is. Whether you help or hinder will make no difference in the final count.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.
    So since the White House is now running the census maybe this statute does not apply?
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerbyron View Post
    So since the White House is now running the census maybe this statute does not apply?
    The White House isn't running the census. They backed off, in part because of the backlash, in part because Judd Gregg withdrew from consideration to become Secretary of Commerce (his nomination was why they made the 'While House will run the census' announcement in the first place, to placate left wing groups who didn't want a Republican running the census).

Links