Dr. Watson using a Eley No. 2 ???

This is a discussion on Dr. Watson using a Eley No. 2 ??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; hi , I was just reading Adventure ofthe Speckled Band [ a Sherlork Holmes ] short story and it mentions Dr. Watson using a Eley ...

Thread: Dr. Watson using a Eley No. 2 ???

hi , I was just reading Adventure ofthe Speckled Band [ a Sherlork Holmes ] short story and it mentions Dr. Watson using a Eley No. 2 for protection ,perhaps a Eley .450 or .455 load any ideas???
    please post , rojo

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hi Rojo;

I'm afraid that I'm responding to your posts yet again. You need to ask questions about Glocks or something about which I know little and care even less, instead of old stuff.

I'm a big fan of Doyle's Sherlock Holmes tales. Read through them every year or two.

The reference is about the cartridge that Dr. Watson's revolver accepts rather than the gun itself. The designation is unclear as retsup99's link suggests. Watson's gun would have likely been chambered for any of several British service cartridges of the later half of the 19th century.

My Webley Mark IV .455 (left with lanyard) with 4-inch barrel and birdshead grips would be an example of a revolver kept by a medical man in the British Army of the times. This one was a private purchase, manufactured in 1899 and was sold through the Army & Navy Cooperative Society London and so marked on top of the barrel flat (Army& Navy C.S.L.). This firm sold weapons and kit to British officers.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Lightbulb Dr. Watson using a Eley No. 2

good morning , i wil try , but another ancient question , where can I find brass ans bullets for a .455 british , I have been looking at a WW1 S&W Canidian issue in .455 , sorry I just got up , rojo

Sponsored Links