Deadliest Warrior

Deadliest Warrior

This is a discussion on Deadliest Warrior within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Does anyone watch that show besides me? Aside from the gaping holes in their "scientific" approach, I really like it. I can't wait to see ...

Thread: Deadliest Warrior

Deadliest Warrior

Does anyone watch that show besides me?

Aside from the gaping holes in their "scientific" approach, I really like it. I can't wait to see how they butcher the Ninja vs. Spartan episode. I told my roommate that ninjas don't fight, they just kill . So pitting one against a spartan in open field combat is just silly, but whatever.

There is still some good information about historic weapons and the warriors that used them.

Ok, I was hesitant to initiate this, but since someone else broke the ice...

I think it's awesome, but maybe it's just the history geek in me. Me and about 6 other history majors on campus watch it together on the huge lounge TV and make $3 wagers. So far I'm 2-0!

Yes, there are some shortcomings, and everyone who 'losses' will whine, but I think it's pretty darn cool!
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

kpw
    I've seen one episode. Apache vs. Gladiator. I like the concept of the show but the way it's presented and their conclusions leave a lot to be desired. I was disappointed to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggles View Post
    Does anyone watch that show besides me?

Aside from the gaping holes in their "scientific" approach, I really like it. I can't wait to see how they butcher the Ninja vs. Spartan episode. I told my roommate that ninjas don't fight, they just kill . So pitting one against a spartan in open field combat is just silly, but whatever.

There is still some good information about historic weapons and the warriors that used them.
    spartan all the way . . .

Quote Originally Posted by snuggles View Post
    I can't wait to see how they butcher the Ninja vs. Spartan episode. I told my roommate that ninjas don't fight, they just kill . So pitting one against a spartan in open field combat is just silly, but whatever.
    Actually, you are quite correct on this one--the ninja were assassins, primarily, not warriors. It's not like they went out on the field of battle in large-scale engagements. The Spartans, on the other hand, were battlefield warriors non paraleil.

It's sorta like trying to compare Dachshunds with Rottweilers--if you have a badger to kill, guess which one actually was bred to do so? But if you have to confront a pack of wolves, which would you rather have by your side???

I like the medical perspective of what kind of damage each weapon would do to somebody. That's very interesting. I couldn't care less about the so-called "competiton" between the two different warriors.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by XDFender View Post
    Actually, you are quite correct on this one--the ninja were assassins, primarily, not warriors. It's not like they went out on the field of battle in large-scale engagements. The Spartans, on the other hand, were battlefield warriors non paraleil.

It's sorta like trying to compare Dachshunds with Rottweilers--if you have a badger to kill, guess which one actually was bred to do so? But if you have to confront a pack of wolves, which would you rather have by your side???
    a more fair fight would be a SAMAURI vs SPARTAN.

Quote Originally Posted by mutumbo View Post
    a more fair fight would be a SAMAURI vs SPARTAN.
    Now that would be an interesting match-up. I'd give the "edge" (pun fully intended) to the Spartans becuause of their heavier swords, shields, and armor vs. the Samurai bamboo and fiber shields/armor and extraordinarily sharp, but lighter swords.

the spartans would definately have the size advantage, but the samauri were supposed to be lightning fast. . . still puttin my money on the spartans haha

Sorry... Just gotta say it. This is Sparta!!!!

Sponsored Links