Electronic devices to repel mice / rats?

This is a discussion on Electronic devices to repel mice / rats? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My Mom asked me if I knew anything about these devices that plug into and outlet and repel mice and rats. I dont know anything ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic devices to repel mice / rats?

Electronic devices to repel mice / rats?

My Mom asked me if I knew anything about these devices that plug into and outlet and repel mice and rats. I dont know anything about em at all. Does anyone have them? Do they really work or is it just some kind of gimmick?
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

GLOCK 23..........Beretta 96..........Mossberg 500A..........Winchester 30-30..........S&W M&P

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

2. Remove Ads

I can't make any recommendations on the electronic devices. The professional people that do rodent control for a living still trap & poison the pesky critters. In this day and age of don't harm a fly mentality that speaks volumes.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

get your mom a cat, they are real good at that sort of thing, especially if you don't feed them....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I put one in my attic to try and get rid of some squirrels. They ate it.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

I've tried them and have no evidence they do, or do not work effectively. My lack of evidence is due to the fact I also poison and trap. I have not trapped any since I began the electronic Anti-Rodent Vulcan Brain Scans, however, the poison does not leave a lot of evidence, since the rodents leave to find water.

So the jury is out in my book.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I have never had luck with them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Same here I bought a 3 pack several years back at Sam's and as far as I can see they are basically worthless... My cats are more efficient and reliable...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Im working as a exterminator right now and we have alot of rodents to deal with. For rats I would stick to poison, some type of anticoagulant. Basically they eat it and go off and die. For mice, sticky traps or snap traps will do. Just make sure to put them within 10 feet of where they or droppings have been seen.

VIP Member
    I had some mice trouble a while back and bought several of those devices...nothing. The sticky traps with a couple of cats did the job.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

+1 on the cat idea. Trouble is, it will drag their bleeding bodies all over the house.

CAT. Nature knows what works.
    Keep your powder dry

VIP Member
    I have two in my garage, one in my utility room, one in an exterior room that houses a hot water heater, and two in the attic.

I have no idea if they work. I can say that I have not seen evidence of mice since putting them up and a roach problem also seems better. But, it is impossible for me to really say they are working. It could be co-incidence.

I use sticky traps and bait in critical points as well. So far, nothing caught and bait is untouched, which I guess is some evidence that maybe (?????) the gadgets do some good.

Forget the electronic devices and the cost. Get the TomCat glue traps. These have worked awesome for me over the years. I like to hear them scream and watch them struggle. Warning...don't stick yourself or your pets with these. These also work well for fiddleback spiders as I have discovered.

+1 to Ram Rod. The electronic traps did nothing for me, the glue traps on the other hand.
    God Bless America!!

Rat Zapper. Instant kill, no mess, just shake out the dead rodent and reset the zapper.
    bosco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links