Got a new Idea for a show.

This is a discussion on Got a new Idea for a show. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As I'm watching "it takes a thief" (one of the better shows on TV now IMO) I thought could they do this with self defence? ...

Thread: Got a new Idea for a show.

As I'm watching "it takes a thief" (one of the better shows on TV now IMO) I thought could they do this with self defence? Maybe the show could be a bunch of dramatizations of personal self defence. On TV they love to dramatize everything and I think they would bite on this one. Maybe they could have it hosted by a LEO to hammer home the point that (most) law agencies aren't against self defence.

Maybe they could show a crime and show how a firearm(In good guy's hand) would have made the situation better. Could either start or end the show with a basic firearm safety rules dubbed over the constitution. A dramatization might actually get through to bubble heads and stop the antis in their tracks. Seeing as most emotional argument trump logic now this would take the battle back to them. I won't go as far as setting a person up with a fake assault then giving them a firearm (air soft at first so we don't kill the actors) to see how they would do better.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Assistant Administrator
    In theory this could be very effective but - I guess my cynical self sees this as never flying. Far too non PC!

Only possibility maybe would be something already gunny like Outdoor Channel - but even then - hard to see producers risking the possible flak. Be good tho if the big names in tac skills and some cops were able to give input on such things - guess no harm in dreaming!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

give'em paint ball guns for that realistic touch for the folks at home. At least they can see where the perp was hit...

Arm both the former con and the GG with red paint for dramatic effect. Also do a pre-interview with an ex-con maybe and see just how violent they would be to the victim. "It takes a thief" is really good at highlighting the vulnerabilities in security but they also have a good consent structure. That would be the difficulty in this show. How would you gain consent and demonstrate spontaneity?
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Sounds good but never happen

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    I like the idea, good luck, try picking it to some televison companies, you might be a millionaire tomorrow.
    Curry

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    I'm not really fond of that show. If someone ransacked my house like that I would have a major problem with it Even if they gave me a bunch of free stuff and what not.

Links