How to shut up an "anti"...

This is a discussion on How to shut up an "anti"... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife's cousin stopped by Sunday, and as luck would have it, I was in the TV room cleaning one of my rifles. I do ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to shut up an "anti"...

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

How to shut up an "anti"...

My wife's cousin stopped by Sunday, and as luck would have it, I was in the TV room cleaning one of my rifles. I do love Helen with all my heart, but she is the biggest Obamaniac I know personally. She isn't drinking the Kool-Aid, she's snorting the dry powder. She is diametrically opposed to pretty much every political view I have... and as you might imagine, she is a staunch advocate of the strictest of gun control laws.

It always happens the same way... someone will mention something vaguely political, one of us will expound on that comment, the other will escalate the discussion with a pointed political shot, and in the end, I always end up giving her an argument she cannot dispute, she gets pist off, and someone will suggest we change the subject... LOL

So Helen walks in, and there I am with my Bulgarian AK... even people that know nothing about firearms recognize the silhouette of the AK, that big curved magazine... it's the "bad guy's gun", always seen in the hands of Palestinian terrorists and Taliban killers.

And lemme tell ya, if Darth Vader carried an AK, he'd have this one... totally blacked out, black synthetic furniture, vented black forward grip... the only part that isn't black is the chrome bolt carrier. In my cousin's eyes, this looks "extra evil"... I might as well have been holding an angry rattlesnake possessed by the devil.

So Helen walks in, and her eyes almost bug outta her head... she says to my wife, "My Gawd, I knew he had guns, but you never said he had MACHINE GUNS..."

I said, "I don't have any machine guns, Helen... this is a semi-automatic rifle that fires 1 bullet at a time... perfectly legal. Machine guns fire continually until you release the trigger." Simplistic explanation, I know... just trying to keep it on a level she can grasp...

Helen is not convinced... she looks at my wife for agreement and my hunnee says, "Well, I sleep better at night knowing it is here..."

Helen says, "Well can't you get a little pistol for home defense?" I know she is picturing a starter's pistol... "you don't need a MACHINE GUN..."

"It's not a machine gun..." I gently remind her.

"Whatever," she spits out... "No civilian needs to possess anything like that. That belongs on a foreign battlefield, not in America. And the excuse of "home protection" is just a lie. No one in America needs that..."

I am reassembling the rifle as she talks... "Not even police? The police and military have semi-auto weapons somewhat similar to this..."

"Well, they NEED them... criminals with machine guns like that are killing hundreds of people on the Mexican border. Didn't some crazy lunatic kill 2 cops with a gun like that just recently?"

"Yes, but I'm not a lunatic..."

"But you don't NEED it...!"

I snap the top cover on and insert an empty magazine... she looks like she is watching a horror movie she can't look away from, and I admit, I'm having some fun watching her "soak it in"...

"Helen," I say... "You believe in the holocaust, right...? 6 million defenseless people exterminated...?"

"Yes..."

"Well, that happened because those people were DEFENSELESS. An oppressive government took away all their weapons. And when the cattle cars arrived, they had no choice but to comply with a government that exterminated them."

"Let me ask you this... do you think 6 million Jews would have been killed if only 50,000 of those people had rifles...?"

She can't answer, because her answer is "no", but she can't bring herself to verbalize that single syllable. I pulled back the bolt with that familiar "chick-chuck" sound and let it slam shut loudly. Helen actually jumps.

"That's why I need it..."

Helen looks like she wants to say something, but can't... my wife takes her out to the kitchen where they talk amongst themselves...

And after Helen left, my hunnee has a pissy look on her face and says to me, "I wish you wouldn't do things like that..."

"What did I do...?"

"Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    And as usual her responses were emotional and yours were logical. Sorry, that was another thread.

Sounds like it was a fun conversation.

I love it... Thanks!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

"What did I do...?"
    Good answer
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    It made me giggle. Ive had a similar argument, won that one the same way. Although they tried to argue that the goverment wouldnt do that, then I listed every place that has banned guns out right listing the dates. They are a history major, I asked them then when did those coutries have genocides. They shut up pretty quick then.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Good man!!!
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Simply AWESOME!! I cant' wait to get caught cleaning my AK when someone comes over, I'll have to steal your arguments and use them.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Oh, oh, can I use that sometime? Might as well say yes because it's too good not to. Sweet.

Only to be a fly on the wall, anti's of any group are amongst the last to see the truth. By then it's too late. Good job...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Thats great, nobody ever says anything bad about my guns though.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Do that enough, and your wife will develop better taste in friends.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    "What did I do...?"
    Some of the things you were doing with the AK are borderline brandishing. It is unwise to argue with an anti while manipulating a firearm. Go lock it up and argue as much as you want.

I know she is family... but what you were doing may have been illegal and one can never tell how someone reacts.

I snap the top cover on and insert an empty magazine... she looks like she is watching a horror movie she can't look away from, and I admit, I'm having some fun watching her "soak it in"...

I pulled back the bolt with that familiar "chick-chuck" sound and let it slam shut loudly. Helen actually jumps.

lol that made me chuckle I had a similar thing happen with my uncles GF while cleaning my 9mm you do have to have some fun while doing these things don't you :-)

And to nutz4utwo how is that brandishing he is in his home cleaning his gun now if he were at her house I would agree but if she does not like it your more than welcome to leave my house.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Some of the things you were doing with the AK are borderline brandishing. It is unwise to argue with an anti while manipulating a firearm. Go lock it up and argue as much as you want.

I know she is family... but what you were doing may have been illegal and one can never tell how someone reacts.
    How is it brandishing if it's in his own house??

I can see your point if they were outside, but she came into his house (Castle).

I would not have stopped cleaning or re-assebly, unless it was the police.

Good Job PointnClick!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I think deep in her heart, Helen knows I would use this weapon to protect her...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links