Anyone Own a Civil Engineering Company?

This is a discussion on Anyone Own a Civil Engineering Company? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So here's the deal, I'm graduating from Clemson University in SC in a week. However, I do not have a job lined up. I thought ...

So here's the deal, I'm graduating from Clemson University in SC in a week. However, I do not have a job lined up. I thought I did (was called in for a second interview), but I wasn't chosen. Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone around here that's hiring. A few years ago, I'd have no problems, but the current state of things are killing me. Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone works at or owns any type of civil engineering company in or around the SC upstate and is hiring. If so, I'm your man!
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    well i am not currently employed or an owner but i am an engineering student. have u considered relocating?? because huntsville al is a great place for engineers. there are always lots of jobs! just a suggestion!! good luck with the job hunt i will be there in about 8 months!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

I'd probably be more helpful if you were looking to go to grad school rather than looking for a real job. As has been said, being willing to relocate will definitely expand your possibilities.

Just curious, what specialty within Civil?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    I'd probably be more helpful if you were looking to go to grad school rather than looking for a real job. As has been said, being willing to relocate will definitely expand your possibilities.

Just curious, what specialty within Civil?

Yeah, I have several friends going to grad school. It's not really a good time to graduate. I would consider grad school, if it didn't cost money. I am willing to relocate, but I'd prefer to stay around here.

Oh, and I have an emphasis in construction.
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

Relocating is probably the way to go. I have a uncle (electrical eng) and a cousin in law (mechanical eng) they have relocted several times, each tme they have been head hunted. They both are living large. If you need sometihng in the meantime you might check into pipe design, my cousin in law said there is a shortage there. He said no degree 60K a year 90K if you work overtime. My uncle was sent to Canmaroon, Africa (not sure if that's spelled right) he made enough money after 3 years to move to Las Vegas, buy a 800K house and take a three year golf vacation.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Go Tigers! (Class of '02 & '04)

Good luck with the job hunt.

Links