Another cool video

This is a discussion on Another cool video within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; CTMike's "Stand By Me" video reminded me of "Dancing"... this is kinda old but a search didn't turn it up here... For reasons I do ...

Thread: Another cool video

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

Another cool video

CTMike's "Stand By Me" video reminded me of "Dancing"... this is kinda old but a search didn't turn it up here...

For reasons I do not understand and cannot articulate, this is extremely uplifting...

Here's the backstory...

A fellow named Matt Harding has been traveling the world and marking each location visited with a short video of himself doing a silly dance. Sometimes he dances alone and sometimes he dances with the local people. It is simple, charming, beautiful and joyous. At this point about 6 million+ viewers on YouTube seem to agree.

But there is a little bit more to the story. It turns out that Mr. Harding’s former employer, Stride Gum, has taken on the role of sponsor for this remarkable project. Stunningly, they have not plastered their name and logo all over the video. Matt wears no Stride apparel. The song played on the video is not a corporate anthem. It doesn’t even look like Matt is chewing gum! The only mention of Stride is in a simple thank you graphic at the very end of the video. This is GREAT branding. Instead of trying to “own” the project, Stride is content to lets it happen. Instead of trying to milk the publicity, Stride lets the message spread - and boy is it spreading! By all the standards of conventional wisdom, by all the instincts of the old marketing, this was a risky, even reckless, act. But marketing is changing, and what this project has shown us is that a sincere message, an expression of values, IS important, and if we have the courage to present such a message with integrity people will respond. As Dan points out, “…I am writing about a chewing gum company now.” By all measures this has been a great path for Stride - sales are up, market share is increasing, and awareness is on the rise, or as Jennifer states it, “Clearly, the goofy dance is moving the needle.”

I think also that by recognizing Matt Harding as a leader, and by leaving him essentially unfettered by the usual corporate billboarding, Stride Gum has shown itself to be a leader. We can’t help but assume that the positive values demonstrated in the video: joy, hope, and a global generosity of spirit, are values shared by the sponsor who has supported the production with such humble integrity.

Dancing

"Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I have seen that before and it is very cool, but I wouldn't call what he is doing "dancing".
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Yeah, a stiff white guy dancing like a stiff white guy... I coulda pulled that off with a corporate sponsor... LOL
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Wow Great video.
    We really do need to focus on the things that make us alike and not dwell on our differences .
    It's a fine dance.

VIP Member
    More of a jig than a "dance" I think.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Looks like me waiting to use the bathroom after drinking a pot of coffee
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Looks like me waiting to use the bathroom after drinking a pot of coffee
    I got a good laugh out of that one.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I have been watching the dancing Matt videos for years now. They never fail to bring a smile to my face.

It is my honest opinion that Matt Harding has done more to promote America around the world and to foster good will between America and the rest of the citizens of the world than the sun total of Politicians in the history of Earth.

Everyone, every citizen of every country can have some fun for a few minutes "dancing" with a guy from America who can't really dance.

To see all of Matt's videos and some out takes from them as well go to his website:
    www.wherethehellismatt.com
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I would love to have some of the money in his 'travel budget' for some gun purchases...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links