The Shelter

This is a discussion on The Shelter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Posting in another thread this came to mind... Anyone have a "bomb" type shelter, or some sort of "keep" in their home...if so, you'll like ...

Thread: The Shelter

The Shelter

Posting in another thread this came to mind...

Anyone have a "bomb" type shelter, or some sort of "keep" in their home...if so, you'll like this old Twilight Zone from the 60's.

Sometime I wonder if/when society will break down over politics or government issues. Will LEO's be able to keep things in order with National Guard ? or will it be too many people in panic mode ?

Say shortage of Food/Water...even Gasoline shortages cause this sometimes. People lose their heads, get aggresive. After all they NEED to feed their family and if you have food and they don't THEY WILL do anything to get it.

Sad day you might have to hold back the neighbors with your guns....I'd like to think never gonna happen. However I think it is possible that Society could get this crazy. Can you ? Will you ? You must ?

check out the video...in 3 parts...

YouTube - Best Twilight Zone EVER made (1of3)

YouTube - The Twilight Zone-The Shelter-(2/3)

YouTube - The Twilight Zone-The Shelter-(3/3)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    people are less social now than in the 50s not too likely this would happen like it would have then. our worst fear would be those we don't know. the BG still looking to take advantage till the bitter end. Those types I'd off in a NY min.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Distinguished Member
    Tenderfoot, this is rather fantastic for a "scenario" and, since it doesn't relate to concealed carry, maybe a bit off topic. You might want to read the forum rules. Just my 2c.
    I appreciate your taste in sci-fi, though.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

You're only as safe as your weakest link...food? water? medicine? firearms? ammo? secure shelter? hidden?

Stay armed......stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    kinda follows the same reasoning as to why you never tell anybody your carrying.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Tenderfoot, this is rather fantastic for a "scenario" and, since it doesn't relate to concealed carry, maybe a bit off topic. You might want to read the forum rules. Just my 2c.
    Perhaps that why he posted this in the Off Topic & Humor Discussion. Don't know, but that could just be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post

Off Topic & Humor Discussion.

Exactly why it is here and why it is posted here.

And it is, A when "The fecal matters hits the rotating oscillator" scenario, that So many ask about.

Links