Tennessee Aquarium today

This is a discussion on Tennessee Aquarium today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Took the kids today as an alternate plan to Rock City since the weather wasn't favoring outside activities. It wasn't as crowded as we expected ...

Thread: Tennessee Aquarium today

Tennessee Aquarium today

Took the kids today as an alternate plan to Rock City since the weather wasn't favoring outside activities. It wasn't as crowded as we expected and everyone had a great time.

It's nice to be able to visit such an attraction and carry without hassle. Unfortunately we then had to cross back over to Georgia to eat a nice dinner without breaking the law.

And if any of you were the gentleman in the Dillion Aero Tshirt whose family was also enjoying the aquaruim today, Hi.
    I was the guy in the green rain shell who was in your "group" for most of the Ocean Journey building. It was nice not to be the only one carrying. And don't worry, you weren't printing that bad. I just noticed when you bent over to help your child.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    i love that place!! i went to the Georgia aquarium a while back and they wont even let u bring in a pocket knife!! when i was there they were wanding every person!!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

As I live in Tennessee, I should know this but, where is the Tennessee Aquarium?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    As I live in Tennessee, I should know this but, where is the Tennessee Aquarium?
    In Chattanooga, just off of US 27 and I-24 if I remember right.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

What Katana said. Right on the river off of Broad St. If you have kids, or just like fish it's definitely worth a trip.
    They have two buildings, one which contains penguins and a butterfly room.

They also have an IMAX theater close by and The Creative Discovery Museum, which is a must if you have a kid under 10.

They offer behind the scenes packages and a two hour boat ride on a big, fast boat (the River Gorge Explorer) that tours up river.

With Rock City, the Incline Railway, Ruby Falls and Point Park(Federal, no carry) only minutes away on Lookout Mountain, it's easy to spend a good day or weekend in the area.

Wow, that does sound like a great time. Sounds like a great family mini-vacation, maybe a weekend get-a-way. And it's just a little over 4 hours from our house.

Thanks!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Wow, that does sound like a great time. Sounds like a great family mini-vacation, maybe a weekend get-a-way. And it's just a little over 4 hours from our house.

Thanks!
    You should try and go sometime, we went last weekend and had a great time, it is a really nice aquarium and the downtown area of Chattanooga is very nice. You can tell they have done a lot of work to the downtown for the tourists.

Links