2010 Census Workers (GPS Marking)

This is a discussion on 2010 Census Workers (GPS Marking) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I didn't want to hijack a thread earlier which started to speak about why there are seeing Census Workers. Here is a little article that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Census Workers (GPS Marking)

I didn't want to hijack a thread earlier which started to speak about why there are seeing Census Workers. Here is a little article that is interesting.

Obama and ACORN GPS Marking EVERY Front Door in America?

Like almost every news site the comment section does not have very family appropriate language.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Before everyone breaks out the tinfoil hats, this really isn't anything new. The Census bureau has been at the forefront of computer mapping for decades now. Their TIGER/Line files include every street, body of water, political boundary, etc. in the country. In fact, most commercial mapping products are originally based on Census data. There are companies out there that make pretty good money taking Census street data and accurizing and updating it.

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    my mom has been doing that for the last month or so!!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Yup, I think we all know where all of this government nonsense is headed.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I'll make sure I move my front door before the 2010 census. That'll confuse them. And if they enter my front room green house without permission they can be shot :)
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

I won't be speaking to anyone from ACORN about anything other than the weight and size of the god that is wanting to make their genitals a chewtoy
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    I won't be speaking to anyone from ACORN about anything other than the weight and size of the god that is wanting to make their genitals a chewtoy
    Wow, you keep a genital chewing God for home protection? "Zeus! Apollo! Sick em!"
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

god..dog...if you're one of "us" you know what I mean :-)
    Never fails to keep the mailman, salespeople, pizza delivery people away from the front door.
    Last guy was a cold call alarm company salesman. Once he knocked on the door and the Boxer answered :-) he didn't stay around long
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Just go to Google Earth...you can type in your address...get a satellite view of your house...and zoom in to where you can read the address numbers on your front door...and you're worried about the census?!

All of our butts are public domain...ain't no escaping it.
    SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

Quote Originally Posted by SHOOTER13 View Post
    Just go to Google Earth...you can type in your address...get a satellite view of your house...and zoom in to where you can read the address numbers on your front door...and you're worried about the census?!

last I checked, granted this was a couple years ago, google earth said my house was about 10 houses down from where it actually is. Even mapquest (yes it screws up a lot) doesn't give proper directions to my house. :-D so bring it on governtment! come to my door via google earth or map quest directions. :-p

VIP Member
    I once needed to visit a couple of homes while working on a temp. assignment to control a viral disease in birds.

We were given GPS equipment (the 99 dollar kind) and asked to calibrate it in our parking lot and then record the coordinates of the places we visited. I'm sure the GPS info wasn't used for any purpose other than to make absolutely certain there were good records about where we had been. Sometimes maps and even street signs and numbers are not right. By recording the coordinates there was at least an independent check to verify the location visited.

I've no idea what Census will be doing with the coordinates, but given the similarity in street names, confusion possible with spellings, the ease with which written numbers can be transposed, it seems a fair thing to verify the work with GPS records. (It is also not a bad way to make sure someone physically went to the place they were supposed to go and didn't sit on the side of the road generating "data.")

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOOTER13 View Post

Mine shows a good half block off, and in the middle of the street!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Hey, come on, guys - we're always griping about contitutionality: this is actually [the] one government activity that actually is supported! "The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct." (Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3). I'm not convinced that some of their nosy questions are quite the same as an enumeration, but this seems a closer stretch than an assault-weapon ban.

Ten years ago I worked for the census printing maps. I had four monster HP printers going flat out eight hours a day for weeks, printing 11x17 maps for the field workers. Hope they figured out a way to do it with less paper this time.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

I think I'll put a sign on my door.... " I will not answer the door since I'm an illegal alien and am afraid of the INS'..... I'm sure to be counted as 10 people living here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links