Posting pictures of other without content?

This is a discussion on Posting pictures of other without content? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What are the laws about this in the US? While my usual "please, no photo" comments is not understood but respected I must have missed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures of other without content?

What are the laws about this in the US?
    While my usual "please, no photo" comments is not understood but respected I must have missed one. I have now found pictures of me online, without being asked if it was OK to post these.

While I have asked the person to take them down, I would really like a law referal or link, so I in the future have a law to show to..

And..What is your point of view on posting photos online? I swear, some people look at me like a retard when I push their photo gear away from my face and say no photos please..What and how do you guys handle this?

Thank.
    IDPA, USPSA, NRA & USCCA!

If you are out in public, or in a area open to the public, you can be photographed without your permission. If you have no reasonable expectation of privacy, you can be photographed without consent even if you are on private property. For example, in your front yard while the photographer is on the street. The photograph is theirs.

Here is a link to a page with a .pdf that outlines photographers rights.
    Bert P. Krages Attorney at Law Photographer's Rights Page
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by Olsen View Post
    What are the laws about this in the US?
    While my usual "please, no photo" comments is not understood but respected I must have missed one. I have now found pictures of me online, without being asked if it was OK to post these.

While I have asked the person to take them down, I would really like a law referal or link, so I in the future have a law to show to..

And..What is your point of view on posting photos online? I swear, some people look at me like a retard when I push their photo gear away from my face and say no photos please..What and how do you guys handle this?

Thank.
    meh, im not to worried about it really. im sure theres tons of pictures of me doing stupid things. dont really bother me. . .

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I don't worry too much either. Since I'm married to a public figure (sort of?) and we attend a TON of events as a family, it's just sort of par for the course that there will be photos of us up online, whether we like it or not. So I try not to leave the house looking like a diseased, unshowered hobo, and pray that they don't catch any wedgie-picking moments.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I don't worry too much either. Since I'm married to a public figure (sort of?) and we attend a TON of events as a family, it's just sort of par for the course that there will be photos of us up online, whether we like it or not. So I try not to leave the house looking like a diseased, unshowered hobo, and pray that they don't catch any wedgie-picking moments.
    i TRY not to leave lookn like crap, but whatever. . . i jsut hate it when the press comes up to me at work asking a ton of questions about crap that will jsut start a bunch of problems, thats my only real quirk

If he's using them for profit he needs a model release. Exceptions are things like if it's a news story or something of the sort.

If you were in public and it's not being used for profit they can use them like already stated above.

I really don't worry about my picture being taken, even if it gets posted on line. If someone uses my image for profit, they better have asked my permission and gotten a signed release but other than that, I am sure I am on the net thousands of times. I don't really worry about it. None of them are naked.....as far as I know.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Become a LEO, then you will see just how many shutter bugs
    there really are.

Our press has a scanner and when ever we have a felony 10-50
    There there before we are, or so it seems.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Yup. If you're in the open your fair game. Sorry bud.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Let'em snap away. You are not a felon are you?
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

No problem. No one seems to want to take my photo and if they did, I don't think there's no way in hell they could make a profit on it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the link and input, good reading. Have a greak weekend.
    IDPA, USPSA, NRA & USCCA!

Distinguished Member
    Your thread says "Posting pictures of other without content" If there is no "content" just a blank picture, I wouldn't get too worked up

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I put my hands in front of my face if there is a photographer pointing at me - if I show up in print I owe a case of beer.

Austin

Wakka wakka wakka!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Your thread says "Posting pictures of other without content" If there is no "content" just a blank picture, I wouldn't get too worked up

Z
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links