Oscars

This is a discussion on Oscars within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I need some help with something. After learning that Isaac Mizrahi will again be back on the red carpet I started wondering. I wondered if ...

Thread: Oscars

Oscars

I need some help with something. After learning that Isaac Mizrahi will again be back on the red carpet I started wondering. I wondered if I would still have MY job, not to mention possibly being incarcerated after groping attractive actresses and commenting on their choice of underwear, if any. By the way, I NEVER watch the Academy Awards, and only became aware of this while channel surfing one night. I am insulted, enraged, appalled, but also somehow not surprised by this behavior which has become widely accepted, and applauded in the Hollywood community, it seems. I may even go so far as to say it's fashionable. Just goes to illustrate the double standard there is between gay and straight. An openly gay man can get away with so many things that a straight man can't-and that's wrong! If I did and said the same things that Isaac did I would have my face slapped by any respectable woman and would deserve it. The gay community must be so proud.
    Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya, PUNK?!

2. Remove Ads

I'm sorry, what? What the heck are we talking about?

I must have missed the memo on this one!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I'm talking about the Hollywood lovefest that takes place every year at this time. You know, the one where all the egotistical, pretentious, overpaid, arrogant actors come together to slap each other on the back for producing yet another remake or another virtual PSA from George Soros and the rest on the Hollywood left.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan
    After learning that Isaac Mizrahi will again be back on the red carpet I started wondering. I wondered if I would still have MY job, not to mention possibly being incarcerated after groping attractive actresses and commenting on their choice of underwear, if any.
    Are you a flamboyant man worth millions? If not than you'd probably be toast.

I guess I'm the only one that has a problem with this picture. Too bad. I guess society has become so tolerant of everything that there is no sense of right and wrong anymore. What were once sins are now diseases.

Must admit it took me awhile to figure out what you were talking about, too. Never even heard of Issac Mizrahi, whoever he is! But I agree with your point. I won't be watching tonight, either. BTW, sins are still sins, regardless of what society will tolerate. I'm sure Sodom and Gomorrah were very "fashionable" until God proved otherwise!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Naw if we tried it we would be in Jail

Broke Back what???? <shakin head> No logical interest here, so send em back to the Galaxy from where they came from.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I couldn't care less about the Ocares! So I have no opinon and do not care what any people are doing there or getting away with. I just know I'm not there or care to be.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Assistant Administrator
    I do not appreciate nor condone the oft seen outragious behaviors - from whatever side of the fence at these functions.

Too many egocentric, overpaid and obnoxious people to want to waste any time on I just hope younger folks who see these behaviors do not see them as worth emulating, tho I fear some might.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links