Where can I get car-to-car missiles?

This is a discussion on Where can I get car-to-car missiles? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why do I attract the idiot drivers? I am driving on the freeway. I am taking the interchange that goes from one freeway to another. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Why do I attract the idiot drivers?

I am driving on the freeway. I am taking the interchange that goes from one freeway to another. The guy (way) in front of me, misses the turn off. He slams on his brakes, backs up into that "safe" zone that demarcates the two lanes and cuts me off trying to get back on the off ramp. (He could have waited a few seconds until there was an opening, but nooooooo!) Being a little annoyed, I honked my horn. I didn't blast it, I just honked it....for 2 seconds. He then proceeds to drive 30 mph in a 55 mph zone. I change lanes to pass him, he changes lanes to block me. We merge onto the freeway. He accelerates to 40 mph. I change lanes to pass him and he changes lanes to block me. This continues for 20 minutes until I get off.

Had I had car-to-car missiles...
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Pull a NASCAR move and when he goes to block you, stay where you're at. Let him wreck you both then you get to kill his insurance.

VIP Member
    That's when I would have been on the cell phone to the police, reporting him for wreckless driving. Since he was weaving from lane to lane to block you, you might have mentioned you thought he might be intoxicated.

Simple solution, pull over onto the shoulder and let the moron go on his own blissfully ignorant way.

Not so simple but very effective solution, dial 911 and tell the operator that you have someone who is intentionally trying to cause an accident on the highway. Give them your location and the license number of the idjit's car.

Anything which you do which helps to create or aggravates the situation puts you at some risk of blame. Remember, the best defense is never to offend.

Ummmmm... Does this ring a bell?????

"- Be still, and know that I am God; Psalms 46:10"

I think you was getting learned of a few things.. LOL,.. sorry, Had to through that in there after reading your sig,.

I have access to database that most people don't. So I like to run the person lic plate which gives me the registered name and address. Then taking that info I get their home phone number. Normally kid/wife answers the tell them I work with dad/husband and I need his cell phone #. Then I ring up the person and tell them what I think of their driving skills. It makes people really really mad when you do that.
    Had one guy driving like the backside of a donkey, could not get this phone number for nothing. His cell and home were not published anywhere so I placed a called my buddy at the Chevy dealer and he checked by the VIN number and told me who the selling dealer was. So I called the selling dealer and I explained that I own a tire shop and that my worker forgot to give the customer back that special key that is needed to remove the lug nuts and did not have phone number for our customer. After a few minutes of listen to awful music on hold they came back with the wife work number and their home number. so I ran up the wife at work and got the guys cell number and placed a call and told him what I though of this driving. He too was not happy and was screaming like a loon on how did I get his number. I told him his wife gave it to me. He called my bluff until I told him where his wife worked and their home phone number. He stopped screaming and apologized for his driving.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I have access to database that most people don't. So I like to run the person lic plate which gives me the registered name and address. Then taking that info I get their home phone number. Normally kid/wife answers the tell them I work with dad/husband and I need his cell phone #. Then I ring up the person and tell them what I think of their driving skills. It makes people really really mad when you do that.
    Had one guy driving like the backside of a donkey, could not get this phone number for nothing. His cell and home were not published anywhere so I placed a called my buddy at the Chevy dealer and he checked by the VIN number and told me who the selling dealer was. So I called the selling dealer and I explained that I own a tire shop and that my worker forgot to give the customer back that special key that is needed to remove the lug nuts and did not have phone number for our customer. After a few minutes of listen to awful music on hold they came back with the wife work number and their home number. so I ran up the wife at work and got the guys cell number and placed a call and told him what I though of this driving. He too was not happy and was screaming like a loon on how did I get his number. I told him his wife gave it to me. He called my bluff until I told him where his wife worked and their home phone number. He stopped screaming and apologized for his driving.
    Wow. That is one of the coolest/funniest things I have ever heard.

and you have access to said database how?

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Okay, two things. No wait, three:

1) That guy is an idiot and will probably get himself or someone else killed in some random car accident, road rage incident, or both!

2) I want one of the car-to-car missiles please. Especially for when driving through Atlanta during rush hour or to South Florida during Snowbird Season. Uh, I mean "Winter."

3) Hitch King, I think I want to be your new best friend! As buddies, you can totally hook me up with that database and make all sorts of calls to morons for me too, right? ;)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    If you do find them, let the rest of us know. There are a lot more morons where that guy came from, and we could do the country a service by eliminating them. And, if we launch when there's no one else around, we can get away with it!

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Just dont do anything, fall back and let them act like and idiot. Then its time to dig out the cell phone.
    My usual action for such bad actions are call the local sheriffs, tell them what has happened, and who is doing it. Later on the news I usually see the offender being listed for some offence on the local scumbag mugshot parade. So far 7 out of 9 have ended up on TV.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Administrator

The "Database"

There are a few out there that Hitch King could be using, all of them are very useful. Bad thing is, they can be costly to be a member or have a subscription too, so its really not worth it for an individual.
    The one I use will provide me with all sorts of neat info, just about anything I want to know if I know where and how to look. Its interesting and scary at the same time.

Also, FWIW, LEO's around here largely ignore the reckless operator broadcasts simply because they are a dime a dozen and rarely pan out to be anything other than a petty squabble between motorists.
    "Just blame Sixto"

This may vary by state but in MI it is against the law to back up on a interstate to catch the ramp, you should have 911'd them...

edit:
    After looking again and seeing your location it was in that area a few years back, we had some nut job pull up next to us, start honking and flipping us off, then he cut in front and really got crazy. Our only offense was having the cruse set at the limit, and staying in the right lane... Yeah he got pulled over after a 911 to the police, I wonder how much it cost him.....

edit again:
    A number of years back a friend came up with an invention of codded paint balls and a paint ball gun for your car grill... when you see someone doing something stupid you slam them with a few rounds, and when the police see a car splatted with a bunch of different colors they get to pull them over.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by mutumbo View Post
    and you have access to said database how?
    I own a car rental company here in NY so we are tied directly into the states DMV computer. I do all the skiptracing when our customer kinda forget to bring back the vehicles. As Sixto say the datebases out there and really scary. There is no such thing as private info!!! Every peice of info is for sale. These databrokers mine info from all sorts of places. Warranty card for toaster. Mail in rebate coupons. All sort of places.

Senior Moderator
    Also, FWIW, LEO's around here largely ignore the reckless operator broadcasts simply because they are a dime a dozen and rarely pan out to be anything other than a petty squabble between motorists

We dont ignore them.They just aren't the highest priority.
    Besides that, they are almost NEVER around to be found.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links