awkward moment

awkward moment

This is a discussion on awkward moment within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In 2007, there was an awkward moment between me and a car dealer agent. Once he told me I couldn't get financed because I was ...

Thread: awkward moment

awkward moment

In 2007, there was an awkward moment between me and a car dealer agent. Once he told me I couldn't get financed because I was on unemployment insurance and that isn't considered income I said fine and he commented on my jacket and I told him I work for a guard company on call doing patrols in building. As I was leaving I clearly heard him say "Don't get shot man!"

I was late for somewhere and the awkwardness of the moment confused me so I didn't ask him what he really meant by it but I think he either meant "Stay safe at my guard job" or he thought I was upset about not getting financed so he feared I may become angry and that may have made him say what he said. I don't know what to make of the situation and it is long over but I always like to share weird moments like that and I did send the guy an email asking him exactly what he meant and that it is unprofressional of an agent to say that but he didn't get back to me. The kinds of cars the dealer sells are one's with usually over 80 thousand miles and they are also high priced so I didn't have a deep interest in financing anyways.

The comment sounds perfectly normal to me (it depends upon the tone), as a guy just making a friendly comment...I wouldn't think twice about it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The comment sounds perfectly normal to me (it depends upon the tone), as a guy just making a friendly comment...I wouldn't think twice about it.
    Ditto
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    the comment sounds perfectly normal to me (it depends upon the tone), as a guy just making a friendly comment...i wouldn't think twice about it.
    +1 z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Sounds normal, and not worth thinking about 2 years later.
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

Administrator
    People say stupid crap all the time. Uniforms or that type of job seem to attract such things like flies on your dogs contribution to landscaping.
    If I had I dime for each time somebody said that same thing or "I didn't do it" or "Officer, he did it" when I walk into the room in uniform, I'd be retired for a few years now. It's annoying and tiresome, but I wouldn't sweat it much at all... besides, it happened two years ago.
    Last edited by SIXTO; May 13th, 2009 at 11:28 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I agree.

You could be rading a hidden meaning into a normal "sales" friendly comment
    2A is not negotiable

Sounds normal to me. I'm surprised you would even think about it 2 years after the conversation.
    NRA life member.

I would say. he was saying "Stay Safe"
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

I think what the guy meant was "Dont get shot man" LOL

You know, cause getting shot would suck.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I use such as the departing words many times. Stay safe, ride safe, drive safe, play safe, shoot safe. Always not correct grammer but folks usually get the point. Don't know that I've ever been so direct as to tell someone to not get shot. Forget about it.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    People say stupid crap all the time. Uniforms or that type of job seem to attract such things like flies on your dogs contribution to landscaping.
    If I had I dime for each time somebody said that same thing or "I didn't do it" or "Officer, he did it" when I walk into the room in uniform, I'd be retired for a few years now. It's annoying and tiresome, but I wouldn't sweat it much at all... besides, it happened two years ago.
    I do believe there friend that this info is correct. It seems like the comments are getting worse off as times change.
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the warrior different from the wolf.
    -Dave Grossman

Sponsored Links