Anti-gun letter to the editor in anti-gun newspaper

Anti-gun letter to the editor in anti-gun newspaper

This is a discussion on Anti-gun letter to the editor in anti-gun newspaper within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gun virus Public Forum Letter (Salt Lake Tribune) 05/15/2009 It is interesting to observe our nation gear up for the onslaught of the swine flu ...

Thumbs down Anti-gun letter to the editor in anti-gun newspaper

Gun virus

Public Forum Letter (Salt Lake Tribune)

05/15/2009

It is interesting to observe our nation gear up for the onslaught of the swine flu virus. The medical profession provides leadership, an organization is in place to mount a defense, most people accept recommended precautions, and a responsible U.S. government cooperates with other nations to halt a potential pandemic.

In contrast, we know the gun virus kills 30,000 Americans every year, yet the recommendations of the medical profession are flipped off and leadership is usurped by National Rifle Association gun addicts. There is no bureaucracy to regulate the proliferation of guns, and citizens are expected to survive on their own or buy a gun and be willing to shoot to kill.

Citizens of every other advanced nation, where guns are tightly controlled, are stunned by the spineless politicians of a self-proclaimed superpower who are afraid to confront the NRA and halt the epidemic of gun deaths that strike 82 Americans every day.

Ron *****

Salt Lake City

We get this trash all the time in the Tribune. All it is doing is causing our gun laws here to ease. We have had a major increase in CFP's over this last year. On May 12 we had a new law come into effect that allows anyone to carry a loaded weapon in their vehicle without a permit. I guess we should thank these sheep. Now we even have talk about following Montana's lead.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Would the "gun virus" just be a random mutation then of the "criminal" virus and the "stupidity" virus?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Would the "gun virus" just be a random mutation then of the "criminal" virus and the "stupidity" virus?
    Yep! They are mutations of the "I'm so stupid I can't find my rear with both hands" virus.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Good one Bunny, I was thinking something similar.

I kinda enjoyed reading that letter from Ron. I do enjoy hearing an anti squirm especially when their bewilderment and frustration are based on their own faulty logic.

In the past, I've had to follow gun laws I didn't like, so now it's Ron's turn.

Too bad, Ron. Don't like it? Shove it.

In contrast, we know the gun virus kills 30,000 Americans every year ...
    That's barely more than die from high blood pressure, or from renal failure due to high BP. Nearly as many die from cirrhosis and chronic liver disease. Just about as many poison themselves.

Before firearms, society should first consider banning the treatment of the human alimental canal as a waste disposal zone and eating like pigs. Both would do far more good, both now and in the long run. Firearms problems are an "also ran," compared to that problem.

Perhaps we should ban Ajax cleaner, Clorox bleach and Lysol.

Or stupidity. That would help quite a bit.

... and citizens are expected to survive on their own or buy a gun and be willing to shoot to kill.
    Well, damn it, the police are absolved by the SCOTUS from having one iota of duty to protect me or my family. Whose job is it, then, Mr. Sheep, the instant my door's being kicked in due to a home invasion, or the moment we're being robbed while out on the town some evening? Bueller ... Bueller ...?

... afraid to confront the NRA and halt the epidemic of gun deaths that strike 82 Americans every day.
    Slapping the NRA won't halt criminals doing what they do, and it won't halt suicides from attempting to eject from this world.

But disarming victims ahead of crimes finding them will do one thing, and one thing only: increase the number of victims. For what? So sheep can elevate their personal sense of satisfaction that we're all in the same helpless toilet together ... helpless because sheep and tyrannical government hacks made us so?

Nope. I don't think so.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    My guns have all been inoculated, and are prepared to spread the inoculation to anyone who suffers from human mutation.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Someone local needs to write a very nicely worded letter in contrast to this one.

That letter needs to quote some statistics like the fact that more people die each year from their doctors than from gun violence. Quote some facts about how many children are harmed or injured each year from child abuse as compared with gun violence too.

We need to start telling these people that what they feel is OK but it's being misdirected. It's not the guns that are the problem, it's the failings of society that are the problem and there are worse things out there than guns. It is these things which need our attention more than mentally unfocused complaints about guns based on misinformation and fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Someone local needs to write a very nicely worded letter in contrast to this one. [...]
    I wrote the strongly-worded rebuttal letter to SL Tribune. Will let y'all know if it makes to newsprint.

SL Tribune is notorious for its anti-gun bias (i.e. editorial) so the letter might not see print because they know they've lost the argument with my view that consists of five structured paragraphs.

I wish the gun virus was just my own collection multiplying in the safe at night.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Quote Originally Posted by jdivence View Post
    I wish the gun virus was just my own collection multiplying in the safe at night.
    Me too! Give me the money virus while you're at it.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Some times... when one of them makes some really stupid comments... it backfires as others don't won't to be associated with people that dumb.

Links