Local classifieds

Local classifieds

This is a discussion on Local classifieds within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Has anyone else noticed an increase in firearms listings in their local classified sections in the newspaper? Used to be a max of three ads ...

Thread: Local classifieds

Local classifieds

Has anyone else noticed an increase in firearms listings in their local classified sections in the newspaper? Used to be a max of three ads in the Guns and Ammo section of my local paper. Past few weeks, the ads in the section almost span the length of the page. I've missed out on two good deals on Glock pistols here lately as they were priced to sell, and folks are jumping on them quick. I just thought it was interesting to mention. Well, I got a three month subscription of daily newspapers for $10. I guess they are running specials since everyone seems to go to the internet nowadays for the news and ads.......but I've been clipping coupons on Sundays and Wednesdays and saving a bunch of money doing it. Anyone else clipping coupons?

Senior Moderator
    Ive got the classified section of the Arkansas Demcorat Gazett bookmarked and I watch it pretty regular. I've gotten some killer deals over the years from it, and the drive to Little Rock has been worth it.

Our local paper never has any coupons to clip.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I've got the classified section of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette bookmarked and I watch it pretty regular...
    Sneaky: less competition for the deals, as fewer readers of a Democrat newspaper want to buy guns, eh?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Senior Moderator
    Sneaky: less competition for the deals, as fewer readers of a Democrat newspaper want to buy guns, eh?
    Hey...dont give up my secrets on a public forum...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

My wife is the coupon master. She saves us a lot of money on groceries, bless her heart! That means more money for ammo! She regularly visits Pinching Your Pennies Home. (Local coupon deals)

As for newspaper classifieds, I don't browse them so I'm not sure, but our local online classifieds hasn't changed much: ksl.com - Ad Listings
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

VIP Member
    Yepper, the economy is apparently forcing some folks to unload most anything. Following my divorce, I fell victim to this sort of thing. I could just shoot myself, oops! Bad example ~
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

crap i need to look and see if there are any good deals in my paper. i used to clip coupons but always forgot to take them with me or i'd stop by on the way home from work so the coupons in the folder @ home wouldn't do me any good :(

VIP Member

Anyone else clipping coupons?

Yes, sometimes saves some good money, at the least it pays for the paper and the tip at the commissary.

+1. My wife always uses her clipped coupons @ the commissary. She usually saves at least $8-10 a payday. Equals about $200-240 a year.
    Libertas Vel Mors

I clip when I look through but usually don't make it to the store til after they are expired.

Whenever I buy anything on the internet I google there name and internet coupons. Usually find some savings. Just got 10% off my Crossbreed Holster that way.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

VIP Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    ....Guns and Ammo section of my local paper....
    Wow!

Wish our local paper would allow that.

Last I heard they would reject even estate sale/yard sale/flea sale/etc ads that even mentioned Guns and Ammo among a host of other stuff.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

oh yeah me and my wife are proffesional coupon clippers, those things have good deals most of the time.
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

I think that there are sites where you can download and print your coupons...never tried it but I did read it somewhere. No guns in my local paper,at least that I've seen, unfortunately.
    I was at a gun shop the other day, the owner buys a revolver from a lady for $130,turns around and puts it on the shelf with a price tag of $400.....

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    A few people over price guns and they stay listed for a while. Everything with a reasonable price gets sold inside a day or so. The print paper is losing listings to the online paper.

The print paper has other problems; the editor is a flaming liberal and the town is strongly conservative. The editor cannot stand the thought of printing stories people would want to read and no one wants to read what she wants to print, so she only prints this half hearted, watered down pablum.

Sponsored Links