For the LEO's here

This is a discussion on For the LEO's here within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just wanted to say thanks for the risks you take, the sacrifices you make, and the bull you put up with to keep bad guys ...

Thread: For the LEO's here

For the LEO's here

Just wanted to say thanks for the risks you take, the sacrifices you make, and the bull you put up with to keep bad guys off the streets, and the efforts you make to keep people like me safe. I know the system has problems and a lot of the time you feel like you're just chasing your tail, but we appreciate what you do. If I could have anything, it would be to have the courage to fill your shoes.

2. Remove Ads

+1 well said

I'll drink to that!
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Hear, hear! Thank you, LEOs!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    And how frustrating it must be to be picking up pieces after the fact and doing paperwork when you must have an incredibly strong desire to do a Rainbow Six number. I've seen '...only minutes away' a lot: please understand that this is not a criticism of YOU - it's a criticism of the reactive system you work in. We are keenly aware that you would give your teeth to be standing in the shadows behind Grandma when the mugger shows up!

Thanks... and may the Lord bless you and your family, protect you, and give you good shooting when the time comes.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Absolutely thank you. I have a friend who's a LEO in Florida and have been on a citizen ride with him. You guys have a "thankless" job, but thank you for all you do.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I can't think of another job, that the "worker" is less appreciated and underpaid for what they do.
    I have a few friends in LE and they know how much I value them and what they do. We've talked about the public perception of the job, and they really appreciate that some of us do value them as officers of the law, and people as well.
    Keep up the good work!
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    Yes thank you very much!!!!

Yes, many thanks to the good guys out there.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

+1....Echo...Ditto...All that has been said.....Saying "THANKS" is almost tooo little when one puts their life on the line when duty calls. With that being said...Thank you to all the good/honest LEO's for all that you do and try to do to make our community and our society a safer place for families and law abiding citizens..
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Leos

Guys

Don't forget our fire fighters as well. I am not one or do I know of any. But thanks to them as well
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    "98% of people hate you. 48% hate you because they hate who you are and what you do. 48% hate you because they think you don't do enough. 2% love you; they are your family and friends."
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for the risks you take, the sacrifices you make, and the bull you put up with to keep bad guys off the streets, and the efforts you make to keep people like me safe. I know the system has problems and a lot of the time you feel like you're just chasing your tail, but we appreciate what you do. If I could have anything, it would be to have the courage to fill your shoes.
    amen

Links