Kids / Dogs and Safety.

This is a discussion on Kids / Dogs and Safety. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just wanted to remind those of you with kids about safety and strange dogs. I was at the park today with my dog Rufus. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids / Dogs and Safety.

Kids / Dogs and Safety.

I just wanted to remind those of you with kids about safety and strange dogs. I was at the park today with my dog Rufus. We were walking around the lake and out of nowhere this kid, about 9 or 10 comes running up to us at full speed . As soon as I saw the kid I started yelling at him to stop, he still got a lot closer,even after the dog got between us and was going nuts. I'm just glad that I saw the kid in time to prevent him from getting bit. Anyway, please remind your kids not to go running up to strange dogs, and to always stop out of the animals range and ok it with the owner before touching a strange dog. Also, as a rule ,dogs do not like to be patted on top of their heads. Bunny ( forum dog expert) could probably tell you more about that. I did have Rufus sit and then let the kid pet him properly. I'm just glad that it all turned out ok, please keep your kids safe. This isn't the first time that something like this has happened with us so I'm guessing that lots of kids probably do this kind of stuff.

2. Remove Ads

Good advice. Luckily my dog is generally the one running towards people so he can attack them with his viscious retard licks.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

I am always amazed at the fact kids are bitten almost daily by dogs and yet there has never been a concerted effort to have a canine behaviorist come to elementary schools to teach once a year about dog safety. I bet many would do it for free for the sake of saving some kid a terrible experience and to help deflect some of the growing support to ban all "agressive" breeds from cities, etc. Parents who own particularly tolerant dogs often don't teach their kids not all dogs think it is cool to be hugged about the neck or ridden like a horse.

I have a similar dog and get in similar situations.

However, there is a solution. Pelosi (who is dog-like in her own right) has requested that all "Assault Dogs" be registered. As we know, a tougher law on dogs will result in less biting!!!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by CRags99 View Post
    Good advice. Luckily my dog is generally the one running towards people so he can attack them with his viscious retard licks.
    That would be my pit too! ...retard licks..great description.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    ditto for my dog!

I am so glad I live in a neighborhood now that has dogs that dish out the "retard licks" described by other posters! We moved from a semi-rural area that had the complete opposite last year; That neighborhood was full of pit bulls, chows and rotweilers that freely roamed the streets turning over trash cans and attacking cats and anyone that got in their way, including the local deer population.

My recipe for them was "lead poisoning".....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

retard licks, LMAO

hahaha my 2 stupid boxxers wouldnt know what to do if put them on a leash. they are sweet dogs, but DAMN are they stupid. hahah

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    lol! We would have retard licks, but since the Dane is a Therapy Dog, he's trained not to lick unless asked. He's also a retard though. Seriously. I love him, and he is the sweetest boy ever, but he's lucky he's pretty because he's dumber than a cup of hair!

PNUT -- thanks for this thread and I'm glad you got the situation handled before Rufus was "attacked" by that idiot kid. By the way, where were his idiot parents??? :(

I know I would be more than happy to donate my time, and even bring one or two of my dogs with me, to a local elementary school. Half the problem isn't the kids though, it's the parents. Don't get me started!!!!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    JoJoGunn sez...

However, there is a solution. Pelosi (who is dog-like in her own right) has requested that all "Assault Dogs" be registered. As we know, a tougher law on dogs will result in less biting!!!

Oh noes!!! I have a BLACK assault dog! She'll come for me first...!
    Attached Images
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I know I would be more than happy to donate my time, and even bring one or two of my dogs with me, to a local elementary school. Half the problem isn't the kids though, it's the parents. Don't get me started!!!!

You cannot take dog's to my kids schools,. It is amazing, (No-guns, No-Dogs) GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Ya,. That is for adults too,. I have signs all around my property "BEWARE OF DOGS" big signs too (not like the little "no weapon" signs on some doors,. ) And still, people will walk up to my gate, and open it,.. Guess I'll have to add the sign "I can run from the porch to the gate in 2.8 seconds,. Can you?",.... Maybe then they will understand it is my dog's yard,.. STAY OUT!!! Now kids,. Ya.. Big babies,. If my house get's robbed, I'll know it was kids,.

Mine runs at you like you were a t-bone steak but when he gets to you he's all play.

Don't be fooled by the avatar, that was three and a half years ago...........
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Mine runs at you like you were a t-bone steak but when he gets to you he's all play.

Don't be fooled by the avatar, that was three and a half years ago...........
    I bet he's huge! I saw the biggest Rotty I've ever seen the other day. I was at a client's house and was walking to the backyard and the sign on the fence said "Beware f Dog". Well, there were two yippie dogs out in the backyard, so I opened the gate and this mammoth came wandering over to me. Man! He was huge!. Gorgeous dogs though.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

"Dumber than a cup of hair" , Geez Bunny, I think I got a hernia from laughing so hard at that.

The kids Dad was there, fishing, he said something to him after...hopefully the kid will remember next time. Kids love dogs , I understand that ,they just need to be taught for their own good.

Mine wags her tail when she sees us, but wags her whole butt & body if there is a kid somewhere around. She loves kids, and would go running to them instantly..... with big ear licks for them.

But then, some CCH's I've heard... would probably shoot her for being a dog and approaching them at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links