A little bathroom (gun) humor?

This is a discussion on A little bathroom (gun) humor? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; An article by David Codrea a "Gun Rights Examiner" "They left what where...?" A DA investigator has crapped out on one of the fundamental responsibilities ...

Thread: A little bathroom (gun) humor?

Talking A little bathroom (gun) humor?

An article by David Codrea a "Gun Rights Examiner"

"They left what where...?"

A DA investigator has crapped out on one of the fundamental responsibilities people must assume when carrying a gun-- being responsible for it:

LaBarre left his Glock 30 Austria handgun loaded with .45-caliber hollow-point bullets in the second-floor restroom of the Frank Crowley courthouse in Dallas...

Luckily, a jail guard found the gun...It's unclear how long the gun was in the restroom, which is often used by criminals leaving the Lew Sterrett jail.

What the story doesn't tell us is what punishment LaBarre can expect. We know if he had not been one of the privileged "Only Ones," those deemed superior to you and me in terms of trustworthiness and competence with firearms, an arrest would have been made. After all, mere citizens are barred from carrying guns in Texas courthouses. We might lose them in the bathroom or something.

And some judges want to make sure there's even a more elite class of LEOs authorized to bear arms--you know, limit guns to only extra super special trained professionals with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

Why?

...Austin officer Jason Bryant, who was waiting to testify in a courtroom adjacent to hers, left his gun hanging from a hook in a bathroom stall ...the gun was found by a defendant...who was facing a drug possession charge.

I've posted on stories like these before. Here are a few it took me less time to locate than it takes for one of those Congressionally-mandated 1.6 gallon toilet tanks to refill:

From across the Pond, in Sarah Brady Paradise, where "Only Ones" really are the only ones who can "legally" carry handguns:

A blundering bodyguard of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair left a loaded pistol inside a Starbucks bathroom during a pit stop while on duty.

The semi-automatic Glock 17 remained on the floor of the coffee shop’s only toilet for nearly 20 minutes as Blair's close protection officer tried to retrace her steps.

Returning home, we have some Motor City merde:

Federal experts are examining a handgun reported lost in a restaurant bathroom last year by a former bodyguard of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and recently found in possession of a convicted felon. They are looking into whether the gun was used in other crimes.

And it's not just local LEOs who are too pooped to pay attention:

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said a special agent returning to Mitchell International Airport at Milwaukee left her firearm in a bathroom there Tuesday night.

Meanwhile, after relieving himself in wine country of more than what he went in to relieve himself of:

An off-duty Napa County sheriff’s deputy and his service weapon were reunited after a customer found the loaded firearm in the bathroom of a restaurant...

Then we have the dispenser that dispensed more than paper:

The handgun was left behind at Cheddar's off of West W.T. Harris Boulevard by an on-duty Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer from the North Division, which covers most of northern Mecklenburg County.

And we have proof that being at a resort doesn't mean squat...or maybe it does...

A sergeant on the Boca Raton Police Department has been issued a reprimand for leaving her loaded service handgun in a public bathroom at the Boca Raton Resort & Club shortly before Vice President Dick Cheney spoke at a fund-raiser for U.S. Rep. Clay Shaw.

We also find that rankness has its privileges:

The city's police chief left his loaded service pistol in a restaurant bathroom last month and didn't realize it until another officer returned the gun to him.

And we see what can happen after a long steak-out:

Easton police have launched an internal investigation after a sergeant left his loaded department-issued handgun in a bathroom at the Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon in Palmer Township.

The thing is, I never went looking for any of these stories. That makes me wonder what more would turn up if I did.

And I don't bring these examples up to...uh...dump on police officers or p*** anybody off. I bring them up to illustrate that anyone who tells you cops are the "only ones" who should be trusted with guns is full of...beans.

2. Remove Ads

Just goes to prove the liberals thinking that Only Cops should carry guns because they are the only ones responsible enough to carry.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Maybe we just need to instill a system where people are allowed to carry freely, but they must take an 8-hour class and demonstrate bathroom proficiency in order to qualify for a License to Potty While Carrying?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Maybe we just need to instill a system where people are allowed to carry freely, but they must take an 8-hour class and demonstrate bathroom proficiency in order to qualify for a License to Potty While Carrying?
    Good idea,. I wonder how many will pass that one,. Does everyone feel the need to disarm themself when nature calls?? What's up with that,.

I'm thinking adult diapers for these clowns...

Talking

License to Potty While Carrying?

++1!!

that is funny!

Thats a good one!

VIP Member

Administrator

Talking

It should be mandatory that all of those above folks join DefensiveCarry.com and be forced to review all of our past & numerous...How Do I Pee & Poo While Carrying? threads.
    Followed up by actual Public Rest Room testing.

Sounds like a pretty good argument for a shoulder or ankle holster...
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Yeah well a DEA Agent flying armed left his handgun in the bathroom stall at Washington Dulles Airport a few weeks ago.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

The High Sheriff himself (Onslow county NC) left his side arm in the head of a quickmart last summer,the manager found it and called the SO to let him know.
    Makes me wonder about diminished mental capabilities.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post
    I'm thinking adult diapers for these clowns...
    Should they evey be ALLOWED to carry? Depends...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links