Username and password

Username and password

This is a discussion on Username and password within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I write up this Word document on how to log on to a site and do a backup. In the document I put a ...

Thread: Username and password

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Smile Username and password

So I write up this Word document on how to log on to a site and do a backup. In the document I put a screen shot that had the login screen showing the username and password. The boxes were filled in as such:

Username: admin
    Password: *****

Later I get an email saying that the password "*****" didn't work. What should I do?

And this person is a system admin. We are doomed.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I only have one thing to say about that:

Of course I am back in management, so I am sure I will soon have questions like that.

I have seen more and more of these new "SysAdmins" coming up who really know very little, and what they do know is not very deep. I guess times are different from when I started in IT. Banyan Vines on Token Ring, NetWare 3.11, Windows NT 3.51, Microsoft Mail, etc. I grew up in IT during the boom when you had to know your stuff and could almost demand a salary.

Now a days I am grateful for what I earn and don't take it for granted like I used to during 2003 (pre dot com and telecom bust)
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

WOW. Some people are huge morons...
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

LOL,
    thell them it is a defective system. ID 10 T error. Box it up and ship it back. wait 5 years before getting another one.

BTW, write it down ID 10 T now remove the spaces.....
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Used to do lots of phone support. First question I ask on a 'dead' pc, is it plugged in and have you tried something else in that socket. Had to drive 4 hrs one way to plug in a pc the cleaners moved the night before. I had asked my question w/ a positive response, and they were billed drive time and mileage ($65 hr at that time). Never underestimate the ignorance/ stupidity of the end user.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    ID 10 T error.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    Are you sure you couldn't fine the "Any Key" to press when told?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Sponsored Links