Iphone Experience Anyone?

This is a discussion on Iphone Experience Anyone? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I finally bit the bullet and am upgrading to the Iphone. They have some really great apps, I will get the new phone in a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone Experience Anyone?

Iphone Experience Anyone?

I finally bit the bullet and am upgrading to the Iphone. They have some really great apps, I will get the new phone in a few days and was wondering if anyone found some apps that are a must have?
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

There's one called "Shazam" which is a free one that will take a song playing on the radio and tell you what song it is. There's also one called "Emergency Radio" which is like an emergency radio scanner. You can pick any area in the country to listen to. Those are my wife's favs on her phone. I'll be getting mine in June.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

There are tons..

Shazaam- listens to music playing and tells you what song and the artist is, and with another tap, you can buy the song from itunes

White Pages/Yellow Pages - pretty self explanitory, but also with another tap, you can kick on the gps and shows you directions to that house or store

Showtimes - uses the GPS to show you the 4 closest movie theaters to you and shows you movie times and listings, with a tap on the movie, it plays a full trailer for the movie

Sportacular- live up to the second sports scores and stats

Remote- turns your iphone with a remote control for you computers itunes account

Baseball- shows you stats for every player and every team pretty much ever in baseball history

Weather Channel- self explanatory, uses gps and shows you the weather forecast

Craigsphone- craigslist on your iphone

restaurants- nutritional info for many common food places and you can track what you eat and log the calories

PhoneFlix- Edit you view your Netflix queue

Photobucket- take and upload pictures with your phone straight to your photobucket account

SnapTell- Take a picture with the camera of any book, movie or video game it and brings up prices and reviews for it on amazon and yahoo

Directv- manage your DVR and view the channel guide based on your tv package from your phone

Red Laser (1.99)- take a picture of any items bar code and it shows the price compared to online retailers

Ocarina (.99)- turns your iphone into a flute type instrument

Decibel (.99)- a fully working decibel meter

FML- read horror stories of other peoples lives

Lux Touch- free game identical to "Risk"

Emergency Radio(.99)- Listen to like 800 different rescue scanners

Flick Fishing (.99)-a great fishing game

iHandy Level- turns your phone into a bubble level

AOL Radio-listen to hundreds of radio stations through your phone

I love my iPhone as you can tell, I cannot live without it now..Unless noted, all apps are free :)

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Wow fun. I have seriously considered getting one, but am unwilling to pay the fees for the data plans...

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I've wanted one since they came out, but it hasn't been in the budget. Once I find a job, I'm seriously thinking of getting one.

Ihandy level
    Coin Toss
    Zippo lighter
    Sound Grenade
    Whoopie Cushion
    Restaurant Finder
    Yellow pages
    White Pages
    Shotgun
    iRevolver
    TranCreative Speller 1.2
    The Weather Channel
    How Fast
    TipStar
    TapeMe
    The iBall
    Taxi!
    TixTac
    AroundMe
    War
    Compass
    Flashlight

Also down load all your CD's on the ipod part.

Get a Otter Box cover for the iphone, it's water and shock resistant, the Iphone is very slick and you will drop it if you don't get some kind of cover for it. You can get it from Petra Industries. Also get a screen protector.

Also if you ever need help you have to make a appointment with a Apple store you can't walk in for help. You can not take it back to the cellular store you bought it from for tech or harware help.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Thanks for the tips, I suppose a lot of the fun will be searching out and trying (free) apps. Which ones are worth spending money on? The Iphone app store doesn't seem to have a search function.

I will have to checkout shotgun and irevolver..

I know the GPS map/phone thing is probably the most helpful and used among my friends that have Iphones.

Being a techie myself, half the fun is figuring it out.. I will probably never ask a store person for technical help. I've had to repair the damage done by Best Buy geek squad.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

You will need to take the time to try what you are interested in.. there are tons of apps and games out there and it really comes down to personal preference.

I will suggest that you stop by http://iphone.mobilitysite.com/ and make it one of your sources of iPhone news and info....
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

One app that I don't see on these lists that is a must have also is the Google app.
    "No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

iWant - kind of like a YellowPages type app

Annoyance - Just as it states, babies crying, jack hammers, person screaming

iBeer - just plain fun.

I just sold mine, I can't justify an $85 a month cell bill, for $425 (woohoo, a profit).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

So what do you think of your iPhone?

I've considered it, but I'm a blackberry guy right now. That and it's only on AT&T and I prefer Alltel/Verizon.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Wake me when it's on Verizon.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the ShotTimer app, put out for free by the fine folks at Surefire.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    Wake me when it's on Verizon.
    +1 I've been with AT&T and they are hands down the worst company I've ever dealt with. I love the iphone, but I will not do business with them again.
    M&P 9 and 9c
    Ruger LCP
    Remington 810 20 gauge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links