Mushrooms

This is a discussion on Mushrooms within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay, I simply can't stand it anymore. All the bashing of morons has me crazy. We use the term to try to describe the idiocy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mushrooms

Mushrooms

Okay, I simply can't stand it anymore. All the bashing of morons has me crazy. We use the term to try to describe the idiocy of illogical, emotionally-reactive individuals incapable of coming up with anything resembling sentient, intellectually competent conclusions on everything from our 2A rights to how to deal with recidivist criminals.
    The result? We call them 'morons.'

Well, this is unfair to actual morons, who are far more competent than many of the anti-gun, pro-criminal 'sheep' who we excoriate with our bitter language. I want to, therefore, tag on to this article by Dave Hoppe, to suggest a better term to describe those who are mentally defective.

Mushrooms
    I'd like to introduce you all to a term I've begun to use for collectivist, Orwellian fools who don't use facts, logic, common sense, or even intellect to make decisions. They are called Mushrooms.

Mushrooms are people who like to grow intellectually in the dark, and love to be fed--forgive me-- "ummm, manure." (actual term edited for our family-friendly forum)

Esteemed recipients of this label include:

* Communists - Why haven't they figured out that their theory doesn't work in practice?
    * Gun Control Activists - Why haven't they looked at the facts and found that armed populaces have less crime? It IS a fact, and anyone who wants to can do a little research and find that out (I don't want to make to too easy for you...)
    * The Liberal Media - For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, without unfounded fear, the news media is very boring. Just look at "human interest" pieces...
    * The Federal Government - They're too busy looking out for #1 and patting themselves on the back, they don't know they're ticking us off. Just look at Montana...I'm not sure the average citizen even knew a state could do that (and they can definitely do it).
    * Liberals - Why haven't they figured out that without standards no one has anything to live up to?
    * The United Kingdom - The people there are more and more enslaved every time they blink. Too bad they're all ninnies and won't stand up and say "no".

The Bitter Clinger
    So, in deference to the feelings of real morons, I offer you 'mushrooms' as a more descriptive and intellectually satisfying term for your use in ripping those who are unable to manage rational thought.
    Last edited by rstickle; May 27th, 2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Language workaround
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I love it! "Mushrooms" it is. And I don't have to worry about not "speaking like a lady" when I call somebody one, hah!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Mushrooms, I like it. Im so using that now.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I dig it.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

VIP Member
    I like it too but they did leave out one category, the “intelligently elite” as found on most college campuses.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Actual mushrooms are useful and delicious. The folks you want to call "mushrooms' aren't of any use, and currently we are not allowed to kill and eat them.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I like it...Can we add proponents of global warming to the list?
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Actual mushrooms are useful and delicious. The folks you want to call "mushrooms' aren't of any use, and currently we are not allowed to kill and eat them.
    Agreed. Mushrooms are actually good.

However, Toadstools are not. Need to start calling them by that moniker.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member

Are you sure, seems to me I saw this on the menu...

Well that applies to 90% of the people walking on this earth...

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I agree. I love mushrooms in just about any dish! The edible ones.

Aren't some mushrooms pure poison? And those others -- the illegal ones -- those are formed and raised in poop, right? And they make you puke, too, right?

Seems fitting...
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I agree. I love mushrooms in just about any dish! The edible ones.

Aren't some mushrooms pure poison? And those others -- the illegal ones -- those are formed and raised in poop, right? And they make you puke, too, right?

Seems fitting...

Yep.. Puke isn't the word from what I hear,. can be deadly..

We used to pick them when I lived back in MI,. Never ate a bad one, but I did pick them a few time when I was learning.. Glad I had someone watching over my shoulder,. My parent's used to cut them up and fry them in butter,. Good stuff when they are fresh..

Not allowed??? now you tell me.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Mushrooms it is. Now, should we start classifying people by types of mushrooms? I offer a challenge to see who can come up with the best "people to mushroom" correlation. Here are some common mushroom types:

Shiitake (be careful with this one)
    Enoki
    Golden
    Hon-Shimeji,
    Beech Mushroom
    Horse mushroom
    Lion's mane
    Oyster mushrooms
    Braunkappe
    Straw mushroom
    Wood blewit
    Truffle
    Chanterelle
    Fairy ring
    Morille
    Ovolo
    Porcino
    Trompette
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Well, I've met a few people that were the giant "Portobello" class...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links