an odd robbery

This is a discussion on an odd robbery within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So i was listening to the radio today and they told about a robbery that took place in Arizona they said that an older man ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an odd robbery

an odd robbery

So i was listening to the radio today and they told about a robbery that took place in Arizona they said that an older man went into a convenient store and pulled up his shirt to show that he had a gun and said i dont want to do this but i need $40 for my insulin shots and demanded the money, and the clerk said that the money isnt mine to give but i can give you the money from my wallett and the older gentleman said thank you and shook the clerks hand and walked out the door.
    Last edited by Jrod012889; May 29th, 2009 at 09:21 AM.
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

2. Remove Ads

happy ending?
    that is not a happy ending. that is armed robbery with the clerk giving up his cash instead.

Happy ending is 2 chest and one in the head from a large caliber to the BG.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

What do you think the old man would have done if the clerk refused???

BTW, they'll give him his insulin in jail.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Distinguished Member
    I thought that was the reason they made hollow point bullets, to put the insulin in the cavity, and inject it with the gun.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod012889 View Post
    well yeah its still armed robbery but the clerk gave the older man the money out of his own pocket so he wouldnt have to face charges, so the older man didnt really rob the clerk the clerk offered to give him the money.
    No he still did the act of armed robbery, the clerk simply redirected where the money was stolen from.

Sad that some people feel they have to do that, but it doesn't negate the illegality of the action.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    He still robbed the guy.

The guy very well could have given him the money from the register but out of the goodness of his heart gave him money from his own wallet. It is no diffrent than if you helped a homeless man that just happened to be carrying. It said nothing about the man pointing just that he showed.

It is sad when old men feel they have to steal to beable to afford the medicine they would die without.
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
    - Luke 11:21

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    No he still did the act of armed robbery, the clerk simply redirected where the money was stolen from.

Sad that some people feel they have to do that, but it doesn't negate the illegality of the action.
    yeah yall are right, whether the guy gave him the money from the register or from his own wallet the older man still was armed with the intention of robbing.
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

Quote Originally Posted by Wife07Mom09 View Post

It is sad when old men feel they have to steal to beable to afford the medicine they would die without.
    It's even more sad when someone would rather steal than work, which is the way most of us get the money so that we can afford the things that we need!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Lead Moderator
    It's still a crime . Armed robbery. He brandished a firearm to gain money.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by Wife07Mom09 View Post

Yes and guys that commit armed robbery are known for their candor and honesty

Insulin my backside.

Even if he's telling the truth, he lost my sympathy when he threatened to take the life of an innocent person in order to get what he needs ... there's plenty of charities that will get him his insulin for free.

I would say that even panhandling or begging on the street would have netted him $40 pretty quickly. Might have led to a misdemeanor depending on the local PD and the laws, but definitely not a felony.

Perhaps he wants to be busted for this? So as the taxpayers would then be responsible for his insulin from now on?

Of course, this is going on the assumption that he's even telling the truth about his having diabetes...
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

he could have pawned the gun and got a lot more than 40 dollars and yes how do we know he had diabetes?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    he could have pawned the gun and got a lot more than 40 dollars and yes how do we know he had diabetes?
    :::begin devils advocate:::

its along the lines of "give a man a fish feed him for a day teach a man to fish feed him for a life time" if he were to pawn the gun he would use the money for insulin till the money was gone. if he holds up stores never ending cash supply.

:::end devils advocate:::

The clerk should have offered to call the police for the man so they could get him all the insulin he would ever need.
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Too bad the clerk didn't have a gun to show as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links