Disapointed by the Econ vs rangetime

This is a discussion on Disapointed by the Econ vs rangetime within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did the bills for the month, and everything is good. I've had to cut back on many things to keep it that way. It is ...

Thread: Disapointed by the Econ vs rangetime

Disapointed by the Econ vs rangetime

Did the bills for the month, and everything is good. I've had to cut back on many things to keep it that way.

It is good I don't have it as bad as others, but I'm just disapointed I can't enjoy the simple things I enjoyed, like a day at the range.

I've got July to look forward to, as at some point I'll spend the day at the family acreage plinking, and maybe a box or so of hand gun ammo.

Other then that, only thing I can budget is some time hunting in November. That is a long way off.

Well, just venting.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

I feel ya. I've had to drastically cut down practice time myself - which is the thing I need the most. It sucks, but hopefully within the next few months the economy will start to improve a bit.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Uh huh. I'm just glad when I get through the month and pay all the BILLS!
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

What type of ammo do you need for the range? If I reload for it I will send you some if you don't tell anyone else.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

My range time, as well as going fishing, playing golf, and stocking my booze cabnet have taken a back seat to paying off a bunch of my bills. Working to get out from under a few debts so that the family and I can afford a little more play time. Priorities and responsabilities.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

At some point, ammo prices and availability have got to improve. Until then, we are shooting a lot of 22LR and only a little centerfire.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Administrator
    You said: "I've had to cut back on many things to keep it that way."

If you are feeling "touched" by bigger, intrusive, government and the prices of everything (in general) right now...then just wait because...it has all only just begun.

Members need to Google "Cap And Trade" and also VAT "Value Added Tax" because that is what is waiting in the wings for all of us...and that ain't all folks.

I alternate paying the very "minimum" on a couple bills a month just so I have a few extra bucks for some ammo. Then the next month some other bills get the "minumum" treatment. That way no bills get behind and I get some fun time shooting.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

I have severly limited my shooting. I've been poor for years, so I'm used to that, but the ammo price increase and shortages have affected me more than the economy directly. I do think the two are related in some way, but I can't pinpoint any direct example of how one has affected the other.

As an example of how I have changed my habits, I loaded 50 rounds of .357 125gr sjhp's which I had never done before with this particular recipe, so I needed to test them. Usually I would go to the range and shoot the whole box to test the load. Instead, I went out and shot six, they worked fine and were plenty accurate, so I returned to the house, reloaded those six cases and put all 50 of them in an ammo can for storage.

I will be working (volunteer work) at the rifle range twice this month. I usually have time to do some shooting while I'm there. I have set a limit of 15 rnds of .308 and 30-06.(5 - 3 shot groups each) for my next trip.

I plan to keep my shooting reduced to a maintainance level until reloading supplies (primers & bullets) become readily available again.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    My range time, as well as going fishing, playing golf, and stocking my booze cabnet have taken a back seat to paying off a bunch of my bills. Working to get out from under a few debts so that the family and I can afford a little more play time. Priorities and responsabilities.
    er...isn't fishing free(under the assumption you already have some line and a hook)?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I was looking forward to my club's steel challenge this Saturday, but I have to work. Thinking seriously about it though....I'll be saving about 200 rounds of ammo.

You guys can all switch to .22lr like me here in Norway

Links