We don't call 911

We don't call 911

This is a discussion on We don't call 911 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was reading American Rifleman the other day and they had an article about Chuck Norris. He has a huge wooden sign at the entrance ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We don't call 911

I was reading American Rifleman the other day and they had an article about Chuck Norris. He has a huge wooden sign at the entrance to his ranch that says “We don't call 911." Below the sign is an image of a revolver. I just purchased one for my house. What does everyone think about these signs?

wpk
    Sounds more like a "Stake out my house, then steal my firearms" sign to me. At least in my town that's what it would be.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wpk View Post
    Sounds more like a "Stake out my house, then steal my firearms" sign to me. At least in my town that's what it would be.
    I would say the same thing, although i do like what the sign says, just wouldn't post it.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I call 911...afterwords. If I need 911, its only after the event and that's already dealt with then. If I dont call 911, Im not around to dial it.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    I call 911...afterwords. If I need 911, its only after the event and that's already dealt with then. If I dont call 911, Im not around to dial it.
    That is what the articles author said. Chuck Norris told him that if he was having trouble understanding the sign just don’t show up at his house late at night and expect a welcome greeting.

Maybe I'll just put a picture of Chuck Norris on my front door.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Maybe I'll just put a picture of Chuck Norris on my front door.
    I don't have to, I live in the same state as he does so I am already covered by his awesomeness.

I personally wouldn't put up a sign like that, the in the rights hands that could be considered a declaration to kill (OMO of course).

That was a great article, BTW. I especially liked Chuck's response to the question of him running for political office.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Chuck Norris can do these things.

Once Chuck Norris thought he was between a rock and a hard place, then he realized he was in-between two mirrors.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Well Chuck used to be my hero. Now everytime I see his
    face I think of the Total Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    I was reading American Rifleman the other day and they had an article about Chuck Norris. He has a huge wooden sign at the entrance to his ranch that says “We don't call 911." Below the sign is an image of a revolver. I just purchased one for my house. What does everyone think about these signs?
    I think that anyone that advertises that they have guns is an idiot. Then I remembered you were talking about Chuck Norris which confirmed my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    I think that anyone that advertises that they have guns is an idiot. Then I remembered you were talking about Chuck Norris which confirmed my theory.
    We all know that criminals look to rob houses where there is a greater chance that they will be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    We all know that criminals look to rob houses where there is a greater chance that they will be shot.
    This reminds me of something I read once. A lady lived alone and would put large muddy work boots outside the entrance to her home. I thought that was pretty smart.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    This reminds me of something I read once. A lady lived alone and would put large muddy work boots outside the entrance to her home. I thought that was pretty smart.
    Good idea, I might have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    Well Chuck used to be my hero. Now everytime I see his
    face I think of the Total Gym
    Hey, if I got to spend a day getting sweaty and hangin with Christie Brinkley I would endorse it too!

As far as the sign goes....... Some might try to argue it shows prior intent if you are ever involved in a shooting. If the shooting is a straight up good shoot that is no problem. If they have to think about it too much it could be a problem.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I think there's a sign similar to that just as you enter Lincoln County where I live. Or the part I live in anyhow.

Not trying to hijack the thread here but since you mentioned American Rifleman...

One of my professors was the managing editor that started American Hunter (the NRA's hunting magazine). He uses a lot of firearm lingo and illustrations using firearms. Get this, he even mentions God as if He really exists!!! He's very politically incorrect in his teaching methods and discussions. There's few über-libs in the class and its driving them NUTZ!!!

I love it!!!
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links