Computer Printing Question

This is a discussion on Computer Printing Question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok, Is there a utility or a way to print - not to a printer - but to a jpeg or other file and not ...

Thread: Computer Printing Question

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Computer Printing Question

Ok, Is there a utility or a way to print - not to a printer - but to a jpeg or other file and not paper?

There's a form I'm having to fill out on the computer - you can either fill out the entire form and print it - or - print it and hand fill it out - no way to "save" changes to it if type in the answers.

Thanks in advance.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

What kind of form is it? If it's a PDF form you can get a program that will "emulate" a printer and let you "print" as a PDF. I think once you do this you won't be able to go back and edit again though.

You can edit a jpeg from any graphics program like Adobe Photoshop, which will allow you to write on the jpeg and save it.

In fact most photo editing programs will allow you to add in text to the places you need it. I do it all the time with Photoshop. I even have a digital signature in jpeg and png format, a "signature card" that allows me to sign anything by placing that image on another image.

The only other option is to print it, fill it out, and scan it back in........

If you can copy the form to MS Word you could save it as an Adobe.pdf, same for MS Excel. Past that I dunno.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Ok, Is there a utility or a way to print - not to a printer - but to a jpeg or other file and not paper?

There's a form I'm having to fill out on the computer - you can either fill out the entire form and print it - or - print it and hand fill it out - no way to "save" changes to it if type in the answers.

Thanks in advance.
    Once you've filled in the form, close all the windows on your desktop except the filled in form.

Press Alt+PrntScrn (this key is located at the top of the keyboard usually above the function keys).

Open an application like Paint and paste the snapshot.

Save it as a .jpg or .gif. From there you can open any picture related application and do whatever you need to.

pdf995 - www.pdf995com - free version will create a PDF printer you can print to.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterDW View Post
    pdf995 - www.pdf995com - free version will create a PDF printer you can print to.
    Broken link, try this pdf 995: create PDF documents easily for free

PDF creator from sourceforge. It's free and a safe download. Works just like printing to a printer but saves to a pdf file.

SourceForge.net: PDFCreator: Files

VIP Member
    All I got to say is what a good bunch of Folk We got on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexttime View Post
    PDF creator from sourceforge. It's free and a safe download. Works just like printing to a printer but saves to a pdf file.

SourceForge.net: PDFCreator: Files
    I don't believe he wants to create a .pdf file, he wants to save a soft copy of a previously created form that he's filled in but it doesn't allow him to save changes. There's no need to recreate the form, just snap a screen shot and save the image.

Links