Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle

This is a discussion on Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I would want one of these old boys:...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle

Gama Goat!

I would want one of these old boys:
    Attached Images

R/S Lego

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    If I remember correctly they have a 50 gal tank, and can get up to 10 mpg.

I plan on buying one to haul the 4x4 to the trails (in the bed) and for hauling mulch, firewood, and whatever else needs hauling.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

If I could afford it, this would be my preferred vehicle. O course I would store it in a garage with built in Faraday cage to negate the EMP.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    A good deuce & a half will go 55 mph--on a STEEP downhill with a strong tailwind

MSGLEGO: long ago, in a different world (before I became a Chaplain) I used to drive around in those big steel 53 ton targets called tanks, and we had a bunch of those Gamma Goats. I had the distinct "priviledge" of being the BN Maintainence officer. If you buy one, you'd better buy three more-for the spare parts They had the worst operational readiness record of ANY vehicle in the entire Brigade Motor Pool.

+1 on the second 2 1/2 ton for the fuel tanker

still, you could do worse for a "bug-out" rig. They are NOT fast, they ARE conspicuous as all get out, but they will go lots of places............

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
    Don't think I would get very far - average 6mpg.
    Nuh uh! Not if you could find a way to convert the Living Dead into fuel! Woah, I just came up with a brilliant money-making scheme! Hands off, I called the idea first! Now...who's a chemistry genius around here?

Quote Originally Posted by BaserRonin View Post
    Bunny, the zombies from I Am Legend are actually vampires, they were poorly ported from print to big screen.

However, if that sucker can't outrun "runner" zombies, I'll bet you could weld some cool bumper attachments front and rear and use it as a very deadly zombie weapon!

How big a tank does it have, and is 6mpg fully loaded or just average? Either way, that would look awesome parked in your driveway.
    Hmmm...vampires, eh? Well then we'll just use the Rage Virus Zombies instead. Yes, attachments galore! I LOVE the way your brain works, BaserRonin. Your tasty, tasty brain :)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

this is the car "F-650"

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member
    How about one of these? Remember them from the 1st Gulf War? It could go anywhere FAST!

Or the 2nd one: MWMIK the British are fielding this one
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    this is the car "F-650"

O.K. That I have got to have.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Only vehicles with computers or electronic ignition would be effected. Old fashioned points/ condenser ignition & diesel would still be running! (diesel doesn't even need electricity to keep running.....just keep the fuel flowing & it will continue to run....the only way to stop my diesel tractors is to pull a lever that cuts off the fuel flow....)
    Many diesel engines for the last 10 years or better are electronically controlled. The ECM would likely be affected by the interference.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    this is the car "F-650"

I'm having trouble determining if this is a really big truck, or that is a midget car show model...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Burt Gummer would be proud of you. As a note. The Army did some test using one ton dodge Ram diesel pickups equiped with locking diff's front and rear, a little suspension work and found they were almost equal with the HMMV's off road.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    I'm having trouble determining if this is a really big truck, or that is a midget car show model...
    the f-650 is a realy big truck.
    the photo is a full size woman.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTLEGO View Post
    I remember years ago driving a goat. even on smooth surfaces the ride sucks!

And as for traversing rough terrain... I'd rather walk!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTLEGO View Post
    Oh God, a Gamma Goat! Fine, as long as you don't have to do an emergency dismount from the driver's position!
    We nearly lost one in a swim on the Rhein - the driver failed to close the fuel cap vent... Those 44gpm bilge pumps sure drain the batteries quick!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links