Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle - Page 3

Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle

This is a discussion on Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That could be a lot of fun, but kind of expensive to feed. My BOV is my daily driver. 1994 Chevy Suburban K2500 with a ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle

That could be a lot of fun, but kind of expensive to feed. My BOV is my daily driver. 1994 Chevy Suburban K2500 with a modified 6.5 Turbo Diesel. There is much debate about EMP effects. If I really want to guarantee mine would run I would have to swap out my DS4 injection pump for the older DB2 and yank out the 4L80E transmission and replace it either a 700R4 or TH-400. Not that I have looked into any of this.......
    I get about 13.5 mpg around town on B-100, about 15mpg on #2 Diesel. Of course that goes up on the open road. With a 42 gallon tank, I can go places!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I don't need one. I'm already in the hills that you all will be heading for.
    Me too.

There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Surprised these aren't at the top of the list. I'm hopeful that this will be my next ride:

Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Sportsmobile Ultimate Adventure Vehicle
    Attached Images
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Surprised these aren't at the top of the list. I'm hopeful that this will be my next ride:

Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Sportsmobile Ultimate Adventure Vehicle
    Thats perfect... to bad I can't blow 60k for a new vehicle right now

they have a basic camper van in there used 150k miles for just over 10k though. I think its time to start looking into a panel van and do some retrofitting of my own. can we say turret.
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Quote Originally Posted by jg45 View Post
    If I could afford it, this would be my preferred vehicle. O course I would store it in a garage with built in Faraday cage to negate the EMP.
    That's just cool!

Lightbulb Used diesels with high mileage aren't a bad deal....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny85 View Post
    Thats perfect... to bad I can't blow 60k for a new vehicle right now

they have a basic camper van in there used 150k miles for just over 10k though. I think its time to start looking into a panel van and do some retrofitting of my own. can we say turret.
    If you look at the used Sportsmobile vans in the various factory sites, especially California, you might find some awesome deals. Remember 150K miles ain't that much when discussing a DIESEL which is what most of these are. I have a buddy who had a Diesel Suburban 4x4 (1996, the last year they were made) he got new and it went over 800,000 miles before literally dying in the driveway. That's a lot of years of good service.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Nuh uh! Not if you could find a way to convert the Living Dead into fuel! Woah, I just came up with a brilliant money-making scheme! Hands off, I called the idea first! Now...who's a chemistry genius around here?

Hmmm...vampires, eh? Well then we'll just use the Rage Virus Zombies instead. Yes, attachments galore! I LOVE the way your brain works, BaserRonin. Your tasty, tasty brain :)
    Need the Dead Reckoning from Land of the Dead!

Or the Striker Fighting Vehicle......
    Attached Images

Question I'm an NBC School grad and I never heard of this...

Quote Originally Posted by jg45 View Post
    If I could afford it, this would be my preferred vehicle. O course I would store it in a garage with built in Faraday cage to negate the EMP.
    What's a Faraday Cage? Got a pic or a link?

Great, my husband is going to see this and start washing dishes and cooking...he's not very slick.

If you look at the used Sportsmobile vans in the various factory sites, especially California, you might find some awesome deals. Remember 150K miles ain't that much when discussing a DIESEL which is what most of these are. I have a buddy who had a Diesel Suburban 4x4 (1996, the last year they were made) he got new and it went over 800,000 miles before literally dying in the driveway. That's a lot of years of good service.
    True although when it comes to cars or trucks I try and avoid anything made for the CA market. If its good enough for CA its not up to my standards. I've only had one car that would be legal in CA and that lasted about as long as it took for me to drive it home and rip all the CA parts out of it.

What's a Faraday Cage? Got a pic or a link?
    A Faraday cage is electromagnetic shielding. It can be something as simple as chicken wire lining the walls. The smaller the openings in the mesh the shorter the waves it will block. If have some radio gear or portable electronics you want to use after an EMP you can basically put them inside a metal trash can with some insulation between the devices and the can and you are good. The secret is not to have any gaps and to have a good ground for the cage.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Adjusting tin foil hat...

The truck is pretty cool, but keep your eyes on the practical side. Do you want this thing to be street legal? Do you have to register it? Insure it? Smog Check it? Is it going to be some sort of farm truck?

Having a normal pickup truck that can double as a primary vehicle, bug out, and for towing is probably smarter. If you need more space, a trailer is cheap to own and operate. You don't have to worry about maintenance issues either.

How often are you really going to drive it?

Once a week? Then go for it.

Once a year? get a trailer

Most of the Duece and a halfs that I have worked on/driven are from the 50's and 60's. They were almost all multi fuel vehicles as well. You could run them on gasolina, diesel, kerosene, almost anything that would burn. But if you have a motor problem it's probably going to be catastrophic. I have a coffee can sized pston from a duece motor with a chunk taken out of it bigger then my entire thumb. Extreme compression to ignite/burn all the fuels it will run on is rough on the engine. Just my 2 cents. But they ARE fun off road if a bit loud.
    Libertas Vel Mors

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Definitely cool, and not a bad price. I'll probably stick with getting a used
    4WD SUV, to set up as my BOV (actually, I tend to say BOB, for "Bug Out Buggy!). But that's a really neat truck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links