Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle

This is a discussion on Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I prefer this, which I drive in the army. It's called the PLS (Palletized Loading System). 10 wheel drive, automatic tire inflation system, 600 horses ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ultimate Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Bugout Vehicle

I prefer this, which I drive in the army. It's called the PLS (Palletized Loading System). 10 wheel drive, automatic tire inflation system, 600 horses of pure Detroit Diesel. What more can you ask for? It's unstoppable. It can drive completely over cars, saw it happen last tour, and you can mount the Browning M2 .50 cal on the roof.

Oshkosh PLS Palletized Load System

Dave

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    That's quite the vehicle Dave, but I don't think that would fit the budget.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Exclamation What a WAR WAGON!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgaspacho View Post
    I prefer this, which I drive in the army. It's called the PLS (Palletized Loading System). 10 wheel drive, automatic tire inflation system, 600 horses of pure Detroit Diesel. What more can you ask for? It's unstoppable. It can drive completely over cars, saw it happen last tour, and you can mount the Browning M2 .50 cal on the roof.

Oshkosh PLS Palletized Load System

Dave
    Yeah but how is it when ya gotta parallel park? And how many Gallons to the MILE? 'Cuz the M1A1 tank goes 440 YARDS per gallon. I can only shudder at what that monster does. Part of the requirements for any zombie vehicle has to be viability but still, it does fit the bill for when the serious SHTF.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

My department uses those old trucks for brush fire trucks. They are impossible to get stuck, super easy to work on, and most of ours will run on Diesel, Gas, Keposene, Jet A, hairspray, Olive oil, and urine in any combination. We pay less than $5000 for them I think, but we may get a government deal on them.

We have a saying... "If the north Koreans couldn't stop it, a rookie can't"

They do top out at less than 55 and the tires suck on pavement in wet weather. We've had a couple of spin-outs but no injuries.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    I have a combination of 2 vehicles, my Wrangler Unlimited, and a 29ft RV that has a roof loaded with 700Watts of Solar Panels (I have a generator that I dont even need unless I have to run the A/C) (All lights have been replaced with low power LED's 1/10th the power of the incandescent bulbs (1156 & 1157 PCB series LED Lamps Specifications 1156-PCB-WHP9)) , Sat TV, Sat Radio, 50 Fresh onboard and a filter system that can clean most water directly on the way to the tank, 35 Black, 35 grey, 20 propane. Portable tanks that can fit inside the jeep (20 Gal fresh water, 15 grey water, 15 Black water, 15 gal gas, 10 Propane) I can sit in a parking lot for 2 weeks and live better than a lot of homes without touching the portable tanks. After that I can look at resupplying and emptying everything via the Jeep. In the woods with access to a stream or creek I can go months with only having to dump sewage once every 2 weeks. In winter snow, propane may become an issue after about 4 weeks but 10 external will last 2 weeks at freezing temperatures outside before I have to replenesh propane.

Standards in storage area's:

Bug Out Bag in Jeep
    MRE's (2 months)
    Ammo, Ammo, Ammo :)
    Body Armor with Tac Vest.
    Replacement Filters for my Campsite Filter System (5 gal at a time into main tank)
    Rechargable Batteries
    Spare Oil's and Fluids
    Months of TP and Paper Towels
    Backup Hard Drive wired in a Fireproof Box along with important Documents.
    Chain Saw to clear trees out of road (tow straps for jeep to move bigger peices)

Working on:

Portable mount (House Spotlights with motion detectors) for establishing a perimiter and wiring into a internal security system with cameras.

Air-X series wind bird 12V/400Watts at 26MPh to make a portable mini tower I can set up at camp (Even More Power).
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links