Has anyone seen "whale wars"?

This is a discussion on Has anyone seen "whale wars"? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've had a chance to eat whale here in Norway. Whales are mammals and it's like eating a good steak..not a blubbery fish as people ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone seen "whale wars"?

I've had a chance to eat whale here in Norway. Whales are mammals and it's like eating a good steak..not a blubbery fish as people imagine.

Norway whales so much they even sell it to Japan.

2. Remove Ads

I would love to see an octagon match with the whale wars guys and the guys from Deadliest Catch. The DC guys would spank them for making sailors look bad.

I watched about 10 minutes of the show and then I realized what I was watching. I'm sorry but if you want to stop people from killing whales that's fine by me. When you want to stop them by endangering lives, then I draw the line. I'm thinking, and I'm no sailor or whaler or even really know what I am talking about, but why not simply chase the whales off with sonar or something?

They did it in Free Willy 3, just reverse the action.

OK, I was kidding in that last sentence, but could it really work?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

maybe torpedo the whales so they wont be around to be caught................

just kidding, save the whales, sink the humans, their motto.
    Im glad I'm not the only one watching it to see what trouble they get themselves into.
    Last edited by SYKO; June 17th, 2009 at 08:30 PM.
    I don't deal with psychos. I put them away. - Marion Cobretti- Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    i disagree with most of the comments on here.i give Greenpeace two thumbs up for trying to stop the UNNECESSARY AND BARBARIC slaughter of whales.if the tactics of Greenpeace are "reckless or illegal" then what do you call the Japanese hunting whales to extinction. if they weren't out there trying to stop it,who would be?
    They are as much a terrorist as Al Queda and as much pirate as the Somali Pirates and should be treated as such.They are lucky someone hasn't put a bullet in them and I would have no sympathy if they did.There is a right way to protest and a wrong way this is wrong and illegal.

They should be treated like the pirates they are. I've been a sailor all my lie and I swear...if anyone tried to board my vessel against my will there would be bloodshed.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

The Japanese fishing fleets are the real Pirates of the seas......there's not a quota, law, or treaty that they don't break and laugh about it. Sea rapists. When they move in they clean out every species of fish. Anyone who makes their life harder is ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    The Japanese fishing fleets are the real Pirates of the seas......there's not a quota, law, or treaty that they don't break and laugh about it. Sea rapists. When they move in they clean out every species of fish. Anyone who makes their life harder is ok with me.
    agreed 100% (PNUT) it's beyond me why anyone would rather criticize Greenpeace and their tactics for saving whales, instead of criticizing the Japanese for hunting whales to the brink of extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    agreed 100% (PNUT) it's beyond me why anyone would rather criticize Greenpeace and their tactics for saving whales, instead of criticizing the Japanese for hunting whales to the brink of extinction.
    The Japanese do it because it is a part of their culture. Countries like Japan and Korea with very little land but are surrounded by water base a lot of their diet from the sea. To them eating food that the sea provides them is similar to how we as Americans eat a lot of beef. This is just an observation made from personal experience. My mom is Korean and she will eat all sorts of seafood that I could never see myself eating.

The only way the Japanese will ever consider ending their whale hunts is if there is a drastic change in their culture.

Thats just my $0.02

Im all for extreme tactics when it comes to hindering Whaling, bloody Japanese whalers deserve whatever come to them, murderous sea rapers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    On the worlds oceans I have seen greenpeace in action for 20years on both coasts. I am not talking about films or soundbytes, I am talking steaming next to them while they are being a navagation hazard to shipping around the world. They put themselves and innocent shipping in danger in the middle of the most crowded waterways of the world. The reason Navies exist is the protect the Sea Lines of Communication (SLOC), that is all of the shipping interests of our countries. That shipping moves raw materials one way and finished products the other. Cars, Cargo, materials, when you see something in the store made in another country (not Mexico or Canada) it probably came by ship. These terrorists endanger the crews of ALL of the vessels around them not just a few fishing boats. That ranks right up with saying Peta is ok since they just burn a few research labs, they are doing a good thing. Regardless of their cause of the day they are dangerous terrorists and should be treated as such.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by heylin View Post
    Im all for extreme tactics when it comes to hindering Whaling, bloody Japanese whalers deserve whatever come to them, murderous sea rapers.
    obviously at any cost, since the stupid "captain" will send inexperienced
    fools down to their doom, yet, they aren't actually saving any whales.

What are they gonna do? Pull the whale out of the water and find a safe haven for it aboard their ship? Give it amnesty?

BTW,, how do they even have any funds to pay for the fuel costs to run the ship?
    I don't deal with psychos. I put them away. - Marion Cobretti- Cobra

I'm waiting for that moron to sink his own ship trying to ram one of the whaling ships. I'd sit back and watch 'em flounder. Perhaps the whales will save them
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links