Has anyone seen "whale wars"?

This is a discussion on Has anyone seen "whale wars"? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife has been recording this and I watched a couple of episodes, yeah, they are "protecting the whales" , but their tactics are reckless ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Has anyone seen "whale wars"?

  1. #1
    Member Array SYKO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    66

    Thumbs down Has anyone seen "whale wars"?

    My wife has been recording this and I watched a couple of episodes, yeah, they are "protecting the whales", but their tactics are reckless and I'd say illegal.

    The last show had them lowering a zodiac off the side of the ship from crane.Two guys were in it and the ship was rolling and pitching the entire time. The small boat was just slamming against the ship over and over, and they showed the last time they tried that, it rolled with some on board.

    The idiot "captain" , just has this quest to save the whales at all costs,crew be damned. They get surrounded by ice and they keep banging the hull into it. Captain clueless sends a couple of guys down to the bottom death chamber to watch for rips. They are supposed to fix the problem somehow, maybe put gum in the holes?

    The funny part is the cameraman finally has enough and says "i'm outta here!"

    Why don't they go after Somali whale hunters? (I realize there are probably none) I don't think they would have a problem shooting their AK47s at them and feeding the whales some hippies.
    Everyone of them seems clueless, maybe a couple have a clue and realize the dangers. Most were probably recruited from the college
    a couple of weeks before departing.
    I don't deal with psychos. I put them away. - Marion Cobretti- Cobra

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    536
    The people that protect your seas consider Greenpeace terrorists for a reason; they are dangerous to anyone and everyone they get near. It is much easier and safer to chase a smuggler thorough the Persian Gulf than it is to be near a Greenpeace vessel. At least the smuggler wants’ to save his own neck, these people’s fanaticism and disregard for their own safety ranks up with Islamic Terrorists.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

    You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

  4. #3
    VIP Member
    Array Miggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Miami-Dade, FL
    Posts
    6,258
    Quote Originally Posted by SYKO View Post

    Why don't they go after Somali whale hunters? (I realize there are probably none) I don't think they would have a problem shooting their AK47s at them and feeding the whales some hippies.
    Everyone of them seems clueless, maybe a couple have a clue and realize the dangers. Most were probably recruited from the college
    a couple of weeks before departing.
    The same reason PETA do not spill red paint on a Hell Ange's leather jacket?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

    Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

  5. #4
    Member Array yankeeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    211
    Yeah ive seen it. I agree with the reckless and illegal tactics. It's obvious that nobody on the ship knows what they are doing. The only person that really has any sea experience is a girl that recently left the navy after a few years and they made her the quartermaster..... really? Somebody is going to die and I really have a hard time feeling any compassion for them because they are the idiots putting themselves on the boat! For hell sakes the navigator told the 1st mate a bearing and he didnt know how to compute that into a direction!

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,176
    Yep,I been watching to see how many times these Morons use terrorist tactics to try to disrupt the Japanese Whalers,I would have laughed if on the episode where they illegally boarded a ship the crew fired on them since it's an act of piracy,they actually had a dingy of women only, that were going to try to board a ship because they felt the Japanese men wouldn't know how to respond when confronted by women.It looks like this week they end up ramming a boat by maneuvering to keep them away from the whales.Then they claim the other side is the agressor.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  7. #6
    Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,231
    Sorry but their actions are piracy. I say treat them like all Pirates, and I mean the historic method of dealing with them. You shoot them, when they attack.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

    Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

  8. #7
    VIP Member Array Dal1Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,672
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    The people that protect your seas consider Greenpeace terrorists for a reason; they are dangerous to anyone and everyone they get near. It is much easier and safer to chase a smuggler thorough the Persian Gulf than it is to be near a Greenpeace vessel. At least the smuggler wants’ to save his own neck, these people’s fanaticism and disregard for their own safety ranks up with Islamic Terrorists.
    These guys on Whale Wars were too extreme for Green Peace. The Capt is an egomaniac that tells the crew to do whatever is needed to stop, yet won't do anything himself (some leader).

    I keep hoping the show will get canceled but no dice so far!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Array gimpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    The people that protect your seas consider Greenpeace terrorists for a reason; they are dangerous to anyone and everyone they get near.
    At the beginning of last season they revealed that the idiot Captain was actually fired from Greenpeace due to his reckless behavior. I watched only two episodes last year before I came to the same conclusion about the qualifications of the Captain and crew.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #9
    Senior Member Array crue2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    792
    i disagree with most of the comments on here.i give Greenpeace two thumbs up for trying to stop the UNNECESSARY AND BARBARIC slaughter of whales.if the tactics of Greenpeace are "reckless or illegal" then what do you call the Japanese hunting whales to extinction. if they weren't out there trying to stop it,who would be?

  11. #10
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,368
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    i disagree with most of the comments on here.i give Greenpeace two thumbs up for trying to stop the UNNECESSARY AND BARBARIC slaughter of whales.if the tactics of Greenpeace are "reckless or illegal" then what do you call the Japanese hunting whales to extinction. if they weren't out there trying to stop it,who would be?



    I hope somebody shoots a couple of them!
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    i disagree with most of the comments on here.i give Greenpeace two thumbs up for trying to stop the UNNECESSARY AND BARBARIC slaughter of whales.if the tactics of Greenpeace are "reckless or illegal" then what do you call the Japanese hunting whales to extinction. if they weren't out there trying to stop it,who would be?
    Greenpeace was considered a terrorist group long before anyone heard of AlQueda due to their actions to stop nuke testing, conventional weapons testing, whaling, sonar testing etc... They are dangerous and get people killed, and if they fired this guy that should tell you something.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

    You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

  13. #12
    Member Array mutumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    115
    i watch it every once in a while, jsut because its so stupid. for the longest time i couldnt figure out if it was a serious show, or they were jsut making fun of something, but now that i know they are for real, i watch it to see what idiot move theyll make next

  14. #13
    Member Array SYKO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by mutumbo View Post
    i watch it every once in a while, jsut because its so stupid. for the longest time i couldnt figure out if it was a serious show, or they were jsut making fun of something, but now that i know they are for real, i watch it to see what idiot move theyll make next
    yeah, exactly...that Captain is an idiot.

    found some1 else questioning the show..Richard Spilman: Whale Wars - Eco-Terrorism as Reality TV
    here's a pic of these pros launching a zodiac...

    I don't deal with psychos. I put them away. - Marion Cobretti- Cobra

  15. #14
    Member Array cdjspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lynden, WA
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by mutumbo View Post
    i watch it every once in a while, jsut because its so stupid. for the longest time i couldnt figure out if it was a serious show, or they were jsut making fun of something, but now that i know they are for real, i watch it to see what idiot move theyll make next
    I follow the show, but for pretty much the same reason you watch it. As far as I'm concerned they are all idiots but I do have to admit watching them do stupid thing after stupid thing is kind of entertaining. It just makes me wonder how long it will last till they end up getting shot at or sink themselves.

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    i disagree with most of the comments on here.i give Greenpeace two thumbs up for trying to stop the UNNECESSARY AND BARBARIC slaughter of whales.if the tactics of Greenpeace are "reckless or illegal" then what do you call the Japanese hunting whales to extinction. if they weren't out there trying to stop it,who would be?
    You should go join up. Sounds like you are just the type they are looking for. Don't forget your water wings.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Star Wars is here! "Laser guns: Now for real"
    By DefConGun in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: July 26th, 2010, 11:30 PM
  2. Revoke "Whale Wars" Captains license!
    By Im Protected in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: August 25th, 2009, 12:26 AM
  3. 1000s of words in the language and the best one for Star Wars III is "awful!"
    By peacefuljeffrey in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: December 6th, 2006, 09:36 AM

Search tags for this page

whale wars richard spilman

Click on a term to search for related topics.