PETA, what a bunch of idiots! - Page 3

PETA, what a bunch of idiots!

This is a discussion on PETA, what a bunch of idiots! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Bunny PETA -- hysterical extremist morons. Laughable at best. If you want to take a stand and end inhumane treatment of animals, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PETA, what a bunch of idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    PETA -- hysterical extremist morons. Laughable at best. If you want to take a stand and end inhumane treatment of animals, do what I do -- work for animal rescues and EDUCATE people about proper care and treatment of their animals, from having a basic 1st aid kit, to how to train your animals in a non-abusive way. And just so everyone knows, I work for FIVE Giant-breed rescues (No, I don't make a single dime at any of them, all my work is strictly volunteer, and I never charge for training). Know how many dogs we put down in the last several years? NONE. I believe PETA's record is actually OVER the 95% someone posted.

Actions speak louder than whiny protests.

Love your dogs, train them well, and share a steak. Mmmm. Steak!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bunny, you're my hero! Keep up the great work!!!

LOL ours get steak every time we have it - damned spoiled beasties
    Manicures: $40
    Pedicures: $60
    Range time + ammo: $50
    Quality mother/daughter time: PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by Czampion View Post
    There's no end to the madness! Look at last year's campaign to rename fish:
    Sea Kittens

So what the heck am I supposed to feed my cats? After all, if I feed them fish, oops, "sea kittens", is that cannabalism?!

Quote Originally Posted by drkangl6 View Post

So what the heck am I supposed to feed my cats? After all, if I feed them fish, oops, "sea kittens", is that cannabalism?!
    Well, I know what I'd like to feed some very large cats (lions, tigers, jaguars, etc....): Peta members!
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    Well, I know what I'd like to feed some very large cats (lions, tigers, jaguars, etc....): Peta members!
    LMAO!!!!!

PETA "Stupid is as Stupid does".
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by Loadedtech View Post
    The only good thing about PETA is the naked vegans doing their protests. Well, some of them at least. I mean how can you be a fat vegan? Isnt that kind of an oxymoron?

There was a man a while back that had a "PETA" website. It was People Eating Tasty Animals and will full of recipes for cooking tasty meat of all kinds. PETA sued him and won, so he had to turn over the domain to them.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

PETA, what a bunch of idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetchuck View Post
    I believe in PETA

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
    Poorly
    Educated
    Teen
    Activist
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

Ron
    [QUOTE=Fisherman;1191855].
    Again directed at them, not you. And by sarcastic you mean the oh the humanity thing. Yes that was sarcastic but I won't apologize for it. I'm tired of the looney lefty weirdos and their queer ways.
    QUOTE]

OK, but remember that you quoted part of my post and so it was perfecly reasonable for me to assume that your comments were directed to me.

Like the above quote, outside of PETA, which again I don't agree with or support, should I assume that because I don't believe in killing living things, not harmful to me, that you include me in the looney, lefty, weirdo, queer ways group?
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

[QUOTE=Ron;1193167]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Again directed at them, not you. And by sarcastic you mean the oh the humanity thing. Yes that was sarcastic but I won't apologize for it. I'm tired of the looney lefty weirdos and their queer ways.
    QUOTE]

OK, but remember that you quoted part of my post and so it was perfecly reasonable for me to assume that your comments were directed to me.

Like the above quote, outside of PETA, which again I don't agree with or support, should I assume that because I don't believe in killing living things, not harmful to me, that you include me in the looney, lefty, weirdo, queer ways group?
    Of course not Ron. I would say that you're being too sensitive but I've done the same thing untill a miscommunication was cleared up. I referenced your quote not because of you but because we were talking about the same subject. My fault.
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

Ron
    [QUOTE=Fisherman;1194148]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Of course not Ron. I would say that you're being too sensitive but I've done the same thing untill a miscommunication was cleared up. I referenced your quote not because of you but because we were talking about the same subject. My fault.
    Understood, Fisherman. No problem, we are good.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Poorly
    Educated
    Terrorist
    Activists

Considering I've had to throw one of them out of my house, and I do mean throw, I dislike them almost as bad as I do the KKK.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I just came across an article about PETA in a newsletter that I subscribe to (This is true), and I thouht the group might find it interesting:
    From This is True dated 7/17/2005:

"After more than 100 dead dogs were dumped in a trash dumpster over four weeks, police in Ahoskie, N.C., kept an eye on the trash receptacle behind a supermarket. Sure enough, a van drove up and officers watched the occupants throw in heavy plastic bags. They detained the two people in the van and found 18 dead dogs in plastic bags in the dumpster, including puppies; 13 more dead dogs were still in the van. Police say the van is registered to the headquarters of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and the two occupants, Andrew B. Cook, 24, and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, identified themselves as PETA employees. An autopsy performed on one of the dogs found it was healthy before it was killed. Police say PETA has been picking up the animals -- alive -- from North Carolina animal shelters, promising to find them good homes. Cook and Hinkle have been charged with 62 felony counts of animal cruelty. In response to the arrests PETA President Ingrid Newkirk said it's against the group's policy for employees to dump animals in the trash, but "that for some animals in North Carolina, there is no kinder option than euthanasia." (Roanoke-Chowan News-Herald)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links