Biker Accidents "Graphic" - Page 3

Biker Accidents "Graphic"

This is a discussion on Biker Accidents "Graphic" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know that folks like to ride without a helmet and that is a fine personal decision. So States that get rid of the helmet ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Administrator
    I know that folks like to ride without a helmet and that is a fine personal decision.

So States that get rid of the helmet law then need to add a requirement for signing a No Emergency Medical Treatment To Repair Massive Head Trauma waiver.

Why should everybody else have to "foot the bill" for an added "hundreds of thousands of dollars" to "repair your head?"

Man up!....when you obviously don't care two bits about your own doggone head and brain...why should we care about your head when it dips into our respective pocketbooks in the form of higher/increased medical and insurance costs for everybody else?

Up until this year I have been an active MSF (actually MSP in PA) instructor. My son was born a little over 2 years ago. Haven't ridden much since then.

I still have my hog in the garage. Probably gonna sell it and get a dirt bike to scratch my itch.

How come riders get into crashes with deer when riding on the road and we never hear of crashes with dirt bike riders riding in the woods?

Lead Moderator
    While that site does show the worst that can happen , I feel with proper gear and mindset you can ride safely enough to have fun and be safe as any other sport . I ride both dirt and street. the MSF course is great to learn the techniques and helped me become a much more confident , safer rider.
    Ride safe and always watch out for the other drivers.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by SigNY View Post
    Wow! A good reminder to the danger of riding on a motorcycle. With that being said though. There are not to many better things for my soul than to get on my V-Rod and go for a long ride with no destination in mind. The good Lord will take me when he see's it fit to do so. Until then I will always have(good Lord willing) a motorcycle in my garage.
    +1. That site scared the hell out of me, but I will still go home from work and jump on my Harley. Although I'll most likely ride a lot more defensively. I suppose that's the purpose of the website.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

i have seen this before and have been in a few hairy crashes, for one i thank the good lord and my gear because without both i know i wouldnt have made it out of my last one. but seeing what could happen on that site is no different then seeing gunshot trauma, but i would be willing to bet that seeing horrible gunshot wounds doesnt stop you from owning a gun, i know the difference in risk but its the same thing
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

ATGATT- All The Gear All The Time. As people who ride motorcycles, we need to follow that or end up like the Photos's
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Always ride as though you're invisible (you are) and everybody is out to get you.

Thanks for the link.....I forwarded it to all my biker buddys with the following message.

"Howdy folks,

I am NOT passing this on to try to dissuade you from riding your motorcycle.

I, myself, have over a million miles on them.

I do think that a little reality may rein in some of the riskier practices we all use due to complacency.

In that spirit, I offer the following.........."

Again, thanks for the link.

When you are on a motorcycle there are two kinds of people - those that don't see you and those that want to kill you......

Be safe
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Quote Originally Posted by chepo06 View Post
    wooow very powerfull!!
    I am gonna buy a full face helmet now!!
    I live in NH where there is no helmet law. MOST of the time I dont wear one. I have to say thank you to the OP though, That site reminded me of my own mortality. Those are really some graphic pictures and more than once while looking at them I recoiled and blurted something out loud. My dog really thinks im nuts....
    To whom much is given, much is required. Luke 12:48

Administrator
    A guy that I went to high school with suffered a massive bike related head and neck injury about a decade ago.

Real nice guy or at least he was. He will never be the same due to fairly extensive brain damage.

I really like vegetables a lot but, not when they used to be my friends.

He is two "baby steps" up from being mentally vegetative.

He also cannot taste or smell anything...that's a weird brain damage thing...but, that is minor compared to his other coordination issues and his former personality is pretty much totally dead.

It's ironic that probably some of the very same forum members that say "Always carry in a holster that covers the trigger & trigger guard!" will jump on a bike minus skull and brain protection and do 60 70 80 + MPH.

You only have one head people and it's never a good outcome when you crack it like an eggshell because everything that makes you... "you" is sitting right inside that noggin.

The body heals but, the human brain cannot take too severe of a beating.

Just a word to the wise.

But,...hey...if you can honestly look at yerself in the mirror and say that there is nothing in this world that you really care about and nobody is depending on you and you are a true "don't give a damn for nothin'" biker then knock yourself out and don't wear a helmet.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    A guy that I went to high school with suffered a massive bike related head and neck injury about a decade ago.

Real nice guy or at least he was. He will never be the same due to fairly extensive brain damage.

I really like vegetables a lot but, not when they used to be my friends.

He is two "baby steps" up from being mentally vegetative.

He also cannot taste or smell anything...that's weird...but, minor compared to his other coordination issues and his personality is pretty much dead.

It's ironic that probably some of the very same forum members that say "Always carry in a holster that covers the trigger & trigger guard!" will jump on a bike minus skull and brain protection and do 60 70 80 + MPH.

You only have one head people and it's never a good outcome when you crack it like an eggshell because everything that makes you... "you" is sitting right inside that noggin.

The body heals but, the human brain cannot take too severe of a beating.

Just a word to the wise.

But,...hey...if you can honestly look at yerself in the mirror and say that there is nothing in this world that you really care about and nobody depending on you and you are a true "don't give a damn for nothin'" biker then knock yourself out and don't wear a helmet.
    QKShooter, You seem alittle up set at the post? He must have been a good friend.

I try and play safe. I played safe on the water, kinda. Had a 750hp roller motor in a 17ft jet boat. I had it vertical once. We use to run it full bore. I asked my friend. If we whip out it's going to be bad. Whats the life vests for. He said to help find the bodies.

With all due respect... Some of the most disturbing pictures on that site were of mangled bodies that were wearing all their gear. It did no good. I don't ride a bike as if I'm about to crash, just like I don't live life as if I'm about to die. If I did I'd never leave the house! When you shell out $20K or more for a bike you accept the risks. I live life. I don't fear it. If what you saw on that website causes you to never buy a motorcycle then you were never meant to ride. If a cager takes me out tomorrow my insurance will pay out almost $1M to my wife. (remind me to check my brake lines ) I have not disregarded the dangers, I have made preparations. I accept the risks (and my wife understands) and love every damn minute I'm on that bike. There are times in my life when riding is the only thing that makes life worth living. I'll lift my head up above the windshield and let the wind wash over my face like a golden retriever with it's head out the window of a car and life is good. My cares wash away, if only for a moment. Dare I say it here......... My Harley is more precious to me than my guns!

Live to ride, ride to live!

There, I've had my say... Please, have yours.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    With all due respect... Some of the most disturbing pictures on that site were of mangled bodies that were wearing all their gear. It did no good. I don't ride a bike as if I'm about to crash, just like I don't live life as if I'm about to die. If I did I'd never leave the house! When you shell out $20K or more for a bike you accept the risks. I live life. I don't fear it. If what you saw on that website causes you to never buy a motorcycle then you were never meant to ride. If a cager takes me out tomorrow my insurance will pay out almost $1M to my wife. (remind me to check my brake lines ) I have not disregarded the dangers, I have made preparations. I accept the risks (and my wife understands) and love every damn minute I'm on that bike. There are times in my life when riding is the only thing that makes life worth living. I'll lift my head up above the windshield and let the wind wash over my face like a golden retriever with it's head out the window of a car and life is good. My cares wash away, if only for a moment. Dare I say it here......... My Harley is more precious to me than my guns!

Live to ride, ride to live!

There, I've had my say... Please, have yours.
    Hi Points don't count!!! lol j/k

Johnsonabq.......

Well, ya got me thinking....My harley or My Guns. I'd really hate to have to decide, but my guns will preserve my life and my WAY of life, so I guess the Harley would have to go.

You sure make it tough on a fella.

Check out S and S Sales when ya get a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    Johnsonabq.......

Well, ya got me thinking....My harley or My Guns. I'd really hate to have to decide, but my guns will preserve my life and my WAY of life, so I guess the Harley would have to go.

You sure make it tough on a fella.

Check out S and S Sales when ya get a chance!
    Of course I don't want to lose either my guns or my Harley. They are both very very important. My point was simply to express my passion for riding. Perhaps the comparison was a bit extreme.

BTW, cool website.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links