Biker Accidents "Graphic" - Page 6

Biker Accidents "Graphic"

This is a discussion on Biker Accidents "Graphic" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That sucks Bunny. Take a look at the link to the Hurt report for how most accidents really happen (alcohol, not trained, not paying attention). ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Biker Accidents "Graphic"

That sucks Bunny. Take a look at the link to the Hurt report for how most accidents really happen (alcohol, not trained, not paying attention). If you are going the speed limit and dressed properly, you essentially eliminate all the roadrash incidents. Because you already have the mindset of SA and receiving proper training from professionals, you'd probably do well on a bike (a Ducati may not be the best to start on, however). You can be killed/injured even being surrounded by a car. It's all about keeping your head and eyes scanning the area around you (including your mirrors), conspicuity (bright clothes, headlight modulator, etc), and playing the "what if" game - something cagers (car drivers) should be doing as well. While you're more exposed, if you are trained, you also have more accident avoidance choices.

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Just remembered a motorcycle experience of my own... maybe we can bring a little humor to a terrible topic... REAL bike riders will chuckle at this...

My Dad had a motorcycle as his daily driver for years... actually, he had 3 bikes. I rode a little as a teenager and in my early 20's on friends' bikes, but far from a "good" rider. Fast-forward maybe 10 or 15 years, and my car had to go into the shop for 2 days and I had no ride to work. So I asked Dad if I could borrow a bike for 2 days.

Dad says, "Are you sure you know what you are doing?" I said it had been at least 10 years since I had ridden a motorcycle, so maybe I should ride around the neighborhood a little to refresh my memory.

So I took my Dad's Suzuki out onto the road... I started running through the gears... 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd... I get all the way up to top gear, and I am FLYING down the road... white knuckles and adrenaline... and I'm thinkin' to myself, "slooow down, hotshot... you need to back this baby off right now before you kill yourself..."

And I look down at the speedometer...

32 miles per hour...
    I did that a couple of times myself, except for me I was going 145 MPH and 175 MPH. I would like to get another bike, but for me it would have to be track only and there aren't any road tracks here.

I had leather save me once on my mountain bike once. I was flying down a hill and then went to turn. I hit some sand and slipped out. The leather coat I was wearing saved me from a major case of road rash!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links