Biker Accidents "Graphic"

This is a discussion on Biker Accidents "Graphic" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Biker Accidents "Graphic" I noticed a few people posted on my last thread about maybe wanting to get into bikes. I think it's a great ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biker Accidents "Graphic"

I noticed a few people posted on my last thread about
    maybe wanting to get into bikes. I think it's a great
    sport and I support it 100% but, I also realize the
    dangers.

I always send new riders to this page Live to Ride - Ride to DIE
    and let them look at what CAN happen
    if you don't wear the right protective equipment
    or if you feel the need for speed.

The pics are at the bottom and they are not for the weak
    at heart.

2. Remove Ads

So much for dinner tonight. j/k very informative.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Thanx, Erik... I need to lose a little weight anyway...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I dress for the crash, not the ride.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up mate.

Biker

Examples of the many reasons why I don't own and or ride a motorcycle.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Thank you for the link. I was considering a bike in the distant future...after this i will NEVER get on a bike!

Terrible memories... an old friend of mine rode a bike in his early 20's... always very careful and safe, even wore leathers a lot of the time (in Florida!)... people used to give Andy some grief for his safe habits...

Then one day, he was giving his sister a ride on a short errand... both just wearing shorts and flip flops. A truck pulled out in front of him from a side street, and he had nowhere to go except under the truck. Andy broke both arms and a terrible break of his ankle, and his sister broke her back. Both had massive road rash... they looked like underdone roasts....
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Just remembered a motorcycle experience of my own... maybe we can bring a little humor to a terrible topic... REAL bike riders will chuckle at this...

My Dad had a motorcycle as his daily driver for years... actually, he had 3 bikes. I rode a little as a teenager and in my early 20's on friends' bikes, but far from a "good" rider. Fast-forward maybe 10 or 15 years, and my car had to go into the shop for 2 days and I had no ride to work. So I asked Dad if I could borrow a bike for 2 days.

Dad says, "Are you sure you know what you are doing?" I said it had been at least 10 years since I had ridden a motorcycle, so maybe I should ride around the neighborhood a little to refresh my memory.

So I took my Dad's Suzuki out onto the road... I started running through the gears... 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd... I get all the way up to top gear, and I am FLYING down the road... white knuckles and adrenaline... and I'm thinkin' to myself, "slooow down, hotshot... you need to back this baby off right now before you kill yourself..."

And I look down at the speedometer...

32 miles per hour...

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    Thank you for the link. I was considering a bike in the distant future...after this i will NEVER get on a bike!
    so if i post up pictures of some the THOUSANDS of car wrecks that happen each day, you will never get in a car either?

yeah motorcycles are dangerous, but so is walking in a cross walk, you just have to be careful and not be stupid.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I almost died twice from motorcycle wrecks. I suppose it boils down to what risk you are willing to take and what price you are willing to pay. I will never ride again, of that I am certain.

Administrator
    I used to hang around the rice rocket crowd in high school, and then again when I was in the military. There was about 8 of us in high school who had 'em. 4 of them died prior to or just after graduation. To much power, way to much speed and to little common sense for a kid to be on a bike like that. The stories I could tell....

Anyway, fast forward a decade or two, I prefer to stay off road. Although the allure of the intoxicating toque and speed of a nice street bike almost gets me a few times a year. I've wandered into dealerships with a cashiers check, trailer hooked up to the Jeep ready to take one home. I've bought more than one used, brought it home only to sell it a month or two later. I cant bring myself to do it anymore.

I wish it wasn't in poor taste to post some of the pictures of bike crashes I've worked as a LEO. It is sobering.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    bikes are definitely dangerous. i once told my grandpa i had thought about getting one...he instantly got visibly upset and referred to them as suicycles. I'm not saying I'll never get one, but I am saying I'll think about it more closely after that talk...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    I know of a few people that loved riding, They also died doing what they loved.

I also know a few that should have died doing what they loved and didn't get a scratch.

wooow very powerfull!!
    I am gonna buy a full face helmet now!!
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Quote Originally Posted by chepo06 View Post
    wooow very powerfull!!
    I am gonna buy a full face helmet now!!
    good answer!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links