Scrolling through the thread.

This is a discussion on Scrolling through the thread. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just caught myself scrolling through a rather long thread searching for either a long post(preferably a rebuttal to a previous post), or a post by ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrolling through the thread.

Scrolling through the thread.

Just caught myself scrolling through a rather long thread searching for either a long post(preferably a rebuttal to a previous post), or a post by someone whose opinion I value. There are a few people on here whom I generally disagree with and don't read their posts because they are loony tunes. I do this quite often on the longer threads.

Anyone else do the same?
    You might be doing the same to my post now. (if so you probably are a Glock carrying Hoppes smelling 9mm boasting isosceles stance standing sun of a gun who shoots with one eye open and accidentally bumps the mag release every other shot while completely missing the target at seven paces)
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I scroll though them all the time.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    if so you probably are a glock carrying hoppes smelling 9mm boasting isoscalese stance standing sun of a gun who shoots with one eye open and accidentally bumps the mag release every other shot while completely missing the target at seven paces)
    how'd you know how i shoot?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    how'd you know how i shoot?
    Another scroll-by identified !!
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Just caught myself scrolling through a rather long thread searching for either a long post(preferablly a rebuttal to a previous post), or a post by someone whose opinion I value. There are a few people on here whom I generally disagree with and don't read their posts because they are looney tunes. I do this quite often on the longer threads.

Anyone else do the same?
    You might be doing the same to my post now. (if so you probably are a Glock carrying Hoppes smelling 9mm boasting isoscalese stance standing sun of a gun who shoots with one eye open and accidentally bumps the mag release every other shot while completely missing the target at seven paces)
    Play nice.You get all sorts of opinions on this forum. It makes it fun to read

Just caught myself scrolling through a rather long thread searching for either a long post(preferablly a rebuttal to a previous post), or a post by someone whose opinion I value. There are a few people on here whom I generally disagree with and don't read their posts because they are looney tunes. I do this quite often on the longer threads.

Anyone else do the same?
    You might be doing the same to my post now. (if so you probably are a glock carrying hoppes smelling 9mm boasting isoscalese stance standing sun of a gun who shoots with one eye open and accidentally bumps the mag release every other shot while completely missing the target at seven paces)
    Yes, I scroll through some, skipping some replies, noting others from those I like/agree with/see as amazingly intelligent as I am.

But, I read a lot. I am new to guns compared to most of the folks on this forum. There is so much information, and so much experience, and I need to learn.

I get lost when Hopyard and Self-Defense go at it over constitutional issues that I don't understand/have not done enough reading on.
    I glaze over when lawyers start....doing whatever it is you call what lawyers do.

But, I keep reading, and trying to get it, and to learn, and to understand the differences. I just may learn it all one day. NOT!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Yup, all the time.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I read 'em all...unbelievable, eh?

I enjoy most, learn from many, ignore others...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You shouldn't pick on the Glock fans like that, they can't help themselves.
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

I just catch myself looking for misspelled words most of the time. I also sort of enjoy threads that seem more like a conversation than an actual thread. Kind of cool. And when I come across some tactful sarcasm I enjoy it and have a good laugh. Takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. Funny thing is, I could picture all of the members here taking over some buffet restaurant (hopefully Chinese), and where everyone would sit.......the younger, the older, the shorter, the taller, who has to sit facing the entrance, who wants booth or table, who would order from the menu instead of the buffet, what groups would be loud, and which would be more conservative, who would be the first one to pull out their pistol so everyone could have a look, those who would be more reserved, and those who would be shaking hands with everyone, those with serious demeanor and anti-social, and those who are not eating anything for the excitement of being amongst a great group of folks from all walks of life with something in common facilitated by the internet and a website. Silly isn't it? But I can picture it. Well...........maybe this will meet your criteria of a long post, maybe it won't. Thing is, the more we are here, the more we learn about the things we enjoy in life, the things we do, what we stand for, and how we deal. A bit more insight into each other and the world around us, and the best ways to survive and take care of ourselves so we can see the light of the next day and learn more. Priceless. And now I'm hungry for Chinese food. Bet you didn't know you could start a sentence with the word 'and', did you?

Senior Moderator
    Bet you didn't know you could start a sentence with the word 'and', did you?
    Improper use. My 9th grade English teacher would have thrown a fit.

Thats a pretty deep thread there RamRod. I didnt know you had it in you. It nearly made me tear up. From an Arky no less.
    Amazing,simply amazing...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I just catch myself looking for misspelled words most of the time. I also sort of enjoy threads that seem more like a conversation than an actual thread. Kind of cool. And when I come across some tactful sarcasm I enjoy it and have a good laugh. Takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. Funny thing is, I could picture all of the members here taking over some buffet restaurant (hopefully Chinese), and where everyone would sit.......the younger, the older, the shorter, the taller, who has to sit facing the entrance, who wants booth or table, who would order from the menu instead of the buffet, what groups would be loud, and which would be more conservative, who would be the first one to pull out their pistol so everyone could have a look, those who would be more reserved, and those who would be shaking hands with everyone, those with serious demeanor and anti-social, and those who are not eating anything for the excitement of being amongst a great group of folks from all walks of life with something in common facilitated by the internet and a website. Silly isn't it? But I can picture it. Well...........maybe this will meet your criteria of a long post, maybe it won't. Thing is, the more we are here, the more we learn about the things we enjoy in life, the things we do, what we stand for, and how we deal. A bit more insight into each other and the world around us, and the best ways to survive and take care of ourselves so we can see the light of the next day and learn more. Priceless. And now I'm hungry for Chinese food. Bet you didn't know you could start a sentence with the word 'and', did you?
    ...I understand.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Brought a tear to my eye....

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post

Man, that could be a Norman Rockwell painting, I'd love to be in it.

Thanks for the mental image.

I'd order off the menu, be moderately social leave my G27 in the holster (it's stock nothing to see) and overall, have a memorable time.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Improper use. My 9th grade English teacher would have thrown a fit.
    Starting a sentence with and, but, or etc. - modern English usage for editors and proforeaders

Senior Moderator
    You must not start a sentence with a conjunction" has been the mantra of many an exasperated English teacher, especially since the oiks started getting state education
    I must be old school.

Some conjunctions are and, but, or, nor, yet, so and for, and our language has evolved enough to accommodate them at various points in a sentence

That would explain it. We have "evolved".

Or have we?

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links